Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday November 30, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > Open Source Reflashes

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Old 01-22-2008, 12:08 AM   #1
Scooby Newbie
Member#: 144043
Chapter/Region: NWIC
06 Stage 2 sti
OBP master tuned 298/313

Default Logging and tuning my06 sti

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to take a look at some maps I pulled off my06 sti tonight. I started with the xpt free stage 2 base map and have been doing some changes with a buddy of mine and I was just
wondering if someone would like to take a look at a couple maps. PM me if you have time and I'll shoot the maps over.

Thanks in advance.

btw: mods are 3" catless gpmoto TBE
drop in K&n
snorkel delete

Also the map is setup for 18 psi target boost (which I'm obviously going over)

Last edited by slo06sti; 01-22-2008 at 12:42 AM. Reason: added logs
slo06sti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2008, 02:32 AM   #2
Scooby Newbie
Member#: 122595
Chapter/Region: NWIC
2005 LGT Wagon

It looks like you are trying to tune boost. You're logging a lot of stuff that is not necessary, like AFR correction #1.

For tuning boost, I like to log the following parameters:
Engine Load (Direct)* (g/rev)
Engine Speed (rpm)
Ignition Total Timing (degrees)
Knock Correction Advance (degrees)
Manifold Relative Pressure (psi)
Mass Airflow (g/s)
Throttle Opening Angle (%)
Primary Wastegate Duty Cycle (%)
Turbo Dynamics Integral Cumulative* (absolute %)
Turbo Dynamics Proportional* (absolute %)
Of course, I only do this if I am not having a lot of problems with knock. If you start seeing a LOT of weird KC changes then you will need to log Feedback correction, Fine Learning Knock Correction, and IAM.

You will also need at least one log with IDC but you already have that so you are good to go.

I also like to start my WOT runs from 2000 rpm. For tuning LGTs, I do 2nd and 3rd gear logs to redline and 4th and 5th gear logs from 2000 to about 4000 rpm.

BTW, I highly recommend that you get a WBO2.
mickeyd2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 03:10 PM   #3
Scooby Newbie
Member#: 13626
Chapter/Region: MAIC
0298 M5M3

Agree with MickeyD.
Turn your boost down, your IDCs are over 100.
varmint007 is online now   Reply With Quote