Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday September 23, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Click here to visit TireRack
Brakes & Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Losing traction? Need new tires?
Click here to visit the NASIOC Upgrade Garage...
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Brakes, Steering & Suspension

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 02-05-2002, 06:24 PM   #1
kelley
Visiting NASIOC Timeout

Member#: 5681
Vehicle:
94 legacy turbo
04 sti

Default tein wagon coilover

is there any body w/ a wrx wagon that have these. would you please share your opinions. how it rides, install, etc. thanks
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 06:53 PM   #2
mav1c
Hoodbridge!

Member#: 560
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2006 STi, '11 A4
Crystal Gray, Silver

Tein makes a specific coilover kit for the Wagon?
mav1c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 08:10 PM   #3
kelley
Visiting NASIOC Timeout

Member#: 5681
Vehicle:
94 legacy turbo
04 sti

these are being sold in the vendor section for $1100. by the looks of things nobody has bought or used these.
kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 08:26 PM   #4
josh

Member#:

hey kelley

i think your right. i have yet to see anyone comment on these. personally, i like the set up. i was told 280f and 220r spring rate wise. definatly better than the 350lbs springs you find on alot of the jdm coilovers.

fwiw, stay away from too stiff springs. they ruin the WRX's ride. some might dissagree, and everyone is entitled to there opinions, but i myself cannot understand why anyone would ride on 350lbs springs and claim they"have a nice street ride". they obviously haven't driven longer than 2 hours or have kidneys made of titanium. not to mention how much stress the frame goes through. I couldn't figure out why i had so many rattles in my car until i took OUT the tein lowering springs.....

i have been in many many subys with all sorts of different CO's and suspension set ups. The WRX's chassis is so different than any other suby, it is impossible to compare old schol rules to these cars. I really feel DMS has the right idea. Softer springs. I put on my STOCK springs instead of my old Tein lowering springs (on agx's mind you) and it was like night and day. the car handled a million times better. Now i have DMS, and there is no comparison. ask bobski(another bay area member). i took him for a ride and let him drive my car. he giggled uncontrollably almost the entire ride.....

anway, i will quit rambling...

i am just as curious how these ride.

anyone have these yet? anyone?

josh
Old 02-05-2002, 08:31 PM   #5
Tuning Factory Inc.
Vendor

Member#: 3600

Actually retail is $980 I think. They are essentially an HR shock with a softer single spring (progressive). Shoudl work well for a mild upgrade at a decent price. Height adjustability for under $1000 but no damper adjustability.
Tuning Factory Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote