Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday July 2, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > News & Rumors > Non-Subaru News & Rumors

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2008, 08:38 AM   #1
AVANTI R5
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 73805
Join Date: Nov 2004
Default Japan Report: Nissan 370Z to Appear at L.A. Auto Show




Quote:
So now itís final. Nissan will showcase the next new Z-Car at the L.A. Auto Show this November. This will be the real thing, not a teaser, according to a source, who added that the car looks Ďfantastic.íí


A lot of blurb on the new Z is already out in cyberspace but yes, the new Z will be shorter than now (some four-inches, apparently) but a touch wider, still have two-seats and yes, power will come from the same excellent 3.7-liter V-6 found in the Infiniti G37 Coupe.


So welcome the 370Z and while the new design will be evolutionary, we understand itís still instantly and unmistakably a Z. Roll on November.
http://news.windingroad.com/body-sty...-la-auto-show/
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
AVANTI R5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:44 AM   #2
dodiox
Visiting NASIOC Timeout
 
Member#: 85718
Join Date: Apr 2005
Vehicle:
06 WRX
Cobb Stage 2

Default

Wow it all sounds great until they post the curb weight.
hopefully the 4 inches taken off also mean weight.

These past new nissan models have been tremendously ugly!
hope they don't mess the Z.
dodiox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:35 AM   #3
KrazyKarl
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 94706
Join Date: Aug 2005
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Ft. Worth, TX
Vehicle:
2007 STI
1995 Miata

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodiox View Post
Wow it all sounds great until they post the curb weight.
hopefully the 4 inches taken off also mean weight.

These past new nissan models have been tremendously ugly!
hope they don't mess the Z.
I doubt the 4 inches in height will reduce weight enough to offset the increase in width. If they can keep the car from gaining though, I expect it to do fine. Though i'd love to see a 2900lb Z.

oh, and they should a bored out the engine just a tiny bit over the G37. 380Z rolls off the tongue so much better.
KrazyKarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 10:02 AM   #4
Hondaslayer
think you
Moderator
 
Member#: 4562
Join Date: Feb 2001
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Auburn, WA
Vehicle:
1995 Legacy LSi
1998 Forester, lifted.

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodiox View Post
Wow it all sounds great until they post the curb weight.
hopefully the 4 inches taken off also mean weight.

These past new nissan models have been tremendously ugly!
hope they don't mess the Z.
Yeah, the 350Z that I rented about 1 1/2 years ago was less than inspiring.
Hondaslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 10:05 AM   #5
M-e-X-x
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 112089
Join Date: Apr 2006
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
2007 CDM, CGM GD6 SE
2006 CDM, SGM GG6

Default

M-e-X-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:42 AM   #6
bindriftin
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 106411
Join Date: Jan 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: NE PA
Vehicle:
2001 GM6
Silverthorn

Default

^^^If so than I hope that is not the roofline...
bindriftin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:45 AM   #7
ab0z
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 126473
Join Date: Sep 2006
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Vehicle:
1978 Datsun 280z

Default

raise your hand if you think it's time for another Twin-turbo Z model.
ab0z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:48 PM   #8
JC
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 692
Join Date: Dec 1999
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2011 Grand Cherokee
Triumph Street Triple R

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKarl View Post
I doubt the 4 inches in height will reduce weight enough to offset the increase in width. If they can keep the car from gaining though, I expect it to do fine. Though i'd love to see a 2900lb Z.

oh, and they should a bored out the engine just a tiny bit over the G37. 380Z rolls off the tongue so much better.
I'm pretty sure that's 4 inches in length not height.
JC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:16 PM   #9
qtr_wrx
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 109567
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Qatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKarl View Post
I doubt the 4 inches in height will reduce weight enough to offset the increase in width. If they can keep the car from gaining though, I expect it to do fine. Though i'd love to see a 2900lb Z.

oh, and they should a bored out the engine just a tiny bit over the G37. 380Z rolls off the tongue so much better.
as far as I rememmber, there was a thread about nissan cutting ~%15 weight on thire future production cars
qtr_wrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:25 PM   #10
kukabuka
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 41218
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: North Idaho
Vehicle:
2014 WRX Hatch
2014 Forester XT

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-e-X-x View Post
Barf. Yeah, hope that's not it.
kukabuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:28 PM   #11
SQ3.0dotJP
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 136330
Join Date: Jan 2007
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Nippon, Yeay
Vehicle:
# OCCUPY

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-e-X-x View Post
370 TEST MULE, yes
SQ3.0dotJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 07:07 PM   #12
DeeezNuuuts83
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 34406
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Southern California
Vehicle:
2006 Evolution IX
graphite gray

Default

So I take it that the rumored 450Z won't happen ever.
DeeezNuuuts83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 07:37 PM   #13
Hazdaz
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 14611
Join Date: Jan 2002
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtr_wrx View Post
as far as I rememmber, there was a thread about nissan cutting ~%15 weight on thire future production cars
That's not gonna happen without a complete redesign... so is this new 370Z is just an update or a full-on new model?
Hazdaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 08:01 PM   #14
CryderSpeed
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 88816
Join Date: Jun 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: GET BACK
Vehicle:
TO TWERK

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazdaz View Post
That's not gonna happen without a complete redesign... so is this new 370Z is just an update or a full-on new model?
I'm sure it's a new model, that test mule was hacked together for sure.
CryderSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 08:27 PM   #15
amdmaxx
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 31665
Join Date: Jan 2003
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Northern NJ, USA
Vehicle:
2006 Saab 9-2x Aero
Black

Default

Not with new gas laws.. and do u really need a front heavy car?



Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83 View Post
So I take it that the rumored 450Z won't happen ever.
amdmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:04 PM   #16
DeeezNuuuts83
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 34406
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Southern California
Vehicle:
2006 Evolution IX
graphite gray

Default

^ No, but the idea of a 450Z was an interesting thought when the rumors first hit. But I'm glad they ended up not making that.
DeeezNuuuts83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:34 PM   #17
WgnWheel
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 63605
Join Date: Jun 2004
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Moms...yours
Vehicle:
04 Wrx Wgn TimeAtk
10 Golf TDI, 08 Stang GT

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-e-X-x View Post
didn't i tell you guys it was?
WgnWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 08:42 PM   #18
WShade
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 74339
Join Date: Nov 2004
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: San Antonio, TX
Default

Cant wait to see it. I have been waiting for this unveil to make my final decision, G37 or 370Z. I was waiting on the new STI and that unveil has sent me for the hills. Say what you will I dont like it.
WShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 10:50 PM   #19
Joel Gat, 1.8L
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 32
Join Date: Jun 1999
Default

Hello,

I assume the chassis for the 370Z is the same as for the G37? I fit just fine in a G35 and I like that car. I do not, however, fit in the G37. I sat in one at the dealership. The seat was at a height that had my head outside the sunroof. I lowered the seat all the way and was only forced to smoosh my head against the roof, instead of tilt my head. But either way, YUCK, cars should be made to fit 6'0" guys...

I love the way the G37 looks, but I will never own one. And I guess that means probably not a 370Z, either.

Joel
Joel Gat, 1.8L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:37 AM   #20
law
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 36842
Join Date: May 2003
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Germantown WI
Vehicle:
2008 STI, S2000
AW, Black

Default

I am 6'2" and had no problems fitting in a G37.....
law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 03:57 PM   #21
Joel Gat, 1.8L
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 32
Join Date: Jun 1999
Default

Hello,
Quote:
Originally Posted by law View Post
I am 6'2" and had no problems fitting in a G37.....
I had to sit "gangsta" to keep my head out of the headliner. If it had no sunroof, I could fit while sitting upright. Part of the problem may have been that with the seat in the right position for my legs, the steering didn't telescope far enough for my arms to allow me to tilt back. But really, I like to sit fairly upright.

BTW, that fit issue is why, try as I might, I can't like the EVO. The EVO X is so bad for me that I either can't reach the wheel with more than my fingertips OR my legs have to wrap around the steering wheel like in my Miata. I went on a test-driving storm a few days ago and found that in the last 5 years, cars seem to have gotten way way way worse about fitting (or they all expect people to sit gangsta).

Joel
Joel Gat, 1.8L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 06:49 PM   #22
law
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 36842
Join Date: May 2003
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Germantown WI
Vehicle:
2008 STI, S2000
AW, Black

Default

Fair enough, I also like my seat in an upright position just didn't run into any problems. Not sure what the difference was


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Gat, 1.8L View Post
Hello,

I had to sit "gangsta" to keep my head out of the headliner. If it had no sunroof, I could fit while sitting upright. Part of the problem may have been that with the seat in the right position for my legs, the steering didn't telescope far enough for my arms to allow me to tilt back. But really, I like to sit fairly upright.

BTW, that fit issue is why, try as I might, I can't like the EVO. The EVO X is so bad for me that I either can't reach the wheel with more than my fingertips OR my legs have to wrap around the steering wheel like in my Miata. I went on a test-driving storm a few days ago and found that in the last 5 years, cars seem to have gotten way way way worse about fitting (or they all expect people to sit gangsta).

Joel
law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 08:36 PM   #23
dodiox
Visiting NASIOC Timeout
 
Member#: 85718
Join Date: Apr 2005
Vehicle:
06 WRX
Cobb Stage 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Gat, 1.8L View Post
Hello,

I had to sit "gangsta" to keep my head out of the headliner. If it had no sunroof, I could fit while sitting upright. Part of the problem may have been that with the seat in the right position for my legs, the steering didn't telescope far enough for my arms to allow me to tilt back. But really, I like to sit fairly upright.

BTW, that fit issue is why, try as I might, I can't like the EVO. The EVO X is so bad for me that I either can't reach the wheel with more than my fingertips OR my legs have to wrap around the steering wheel like in my Miata. I went on a test-driving storm a few days ago and found that in the last 5 years, cars seem to have gotten way way way worse about fitting (or they all expect people to sit gangsta).

Joel


I fit in every car there is just fine.

Are there any pictures or illustrations of what this car is supposed to look like?
I found some in google but they are just magazine renderings.
dodiox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 09:35 PM   #24
amdmaxx
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 31665
Join Date: Jan 2003
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Northern NJ, USA
Vehicle:
2006 Saab 9-2x Aero
Black

Default





amdmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 09:51 PM   #25
Skunkers
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 115480
Join Date: May 2006
Location: St. Pete, FL
Vehicle:
2002 RSX-S
Desert Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodiox View Post
I fit in every car there is just fine.

Are there any pictures or illustrations of what this car is supposed to look like?
I found some in google but they are just magazine renderings.
A couple guys on my350z.com were brought in last year separately to Nissan USA's design department for focus groups on the new Z concept (And yes, the exterior design is being done by Nissan USA). One saw a clay model concept of the car, and the other saw a finished prototype a couple months later. Their descriptions of the cars they saw match pretty well, and they both seem to agree that this rendering is pretty close to the design studies they saw:



Both of them say that the final concepts taillights were a little more boomerang-shaped, and the front fascia and obviously wheels were a little different.

It's highly possible this is pretty close to the final design though...
Skunkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Branew modified 370Z to debut at 2009 Tokyo Auto Salon AVANTI R5 Non-Subaru News & Rumors 7 12-29-2008 10:47 PM
2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R to Debut at L.A. Auto Show NYCshopper Non-Subaru News & Rumors 25 11-08-2006 07:02 PM
who is going to be at the ATL auto show on Sun? imprezu South East Region Forum 4 04-08-2005 01:32 PM
New Subaru Forester, Saab "B9 Tribeca" to Debut at New York Auto Show NYCshopper News & Rumors 39 03-22-2005 01:59 PM
STi appearence at tri-state auto shows? jaybird Tri-State Area Forum 2 01-24-2003 01:09 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2015 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2015, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.