Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday July 23, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > News & Rumors

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2011, 11:42 AM   #2901
unclemat
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 114530
Join Date: May 2006
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: MA
Vehicle:
2005 LGT 6MT wagon

Default

^ Which is a monster key even worse than the two piece affair.

I also vote for switchblade.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
unclemat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:24 PM   #2902
G-Omaha
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 209172
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Omaha, NE
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza CLL
BL2

Default

The Impreza key is a bit smaller than the one for the Legacy/OB and felt a bit lighter. It is now also no longer "Laser Etched".

Last edited by G-Omaha; 12-04-2011 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Spelling
G-Omaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 03:00 AM   #2903
HB_Dad
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 45190
Join Date: Oct 2003
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Vehicle:
2006 Tribeca LTD
Atlantic Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by furiouswrx View Post
SOA Blog: Why can't Impreza and WRX/STI keys come with switchblade key fobs (like Chevy Cruze, VW, Audi) or keys integrated into the remote (Legacy, most Fords, Hondas)? Why we are stuck in the 1990s with separate keys and remote fobs?
I had a rental Mazda 3 for awhile and it had the switchblade key which I loved! I wish Subaru's came with that!
HB_Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 03:01 AM   #2904
HB_Dad
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 45190
Join Date: Oct 2003
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Vehicle:
2006 Tribeca LTD
Atlantic Blue Pearl

Default

SOA Blog, does the BRZ have the reinforced ring-shaped frame all other Subarus have?
HB_Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:47 PM   #2905
samo22
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 119693
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: CA
Vehicle:
1995 L w/ ej205
Aspen White

Default

SOA Blog, will the Legacy receive the new FB engine for the 2013 model?
samo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 03:56 PM   #2906
SOA Blog
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 171797
Join Date: Feb 2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB_Dad View Post
SOA Blog, does the BRZ have the reinforced ring-shaped frame all other Subarus have?

Yes sir.
SOA Blog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 03:57 PM   #2907
SOA Blog
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 171797
Join Date: Feb 2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samo22 View Post
SOA Blog, will the Legacy receive the new FB engine for the 2013 model?
Sorry, we don't talk about future model years.
SOA Blog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:12 PM   #2908
SlickWRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 17312
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Vehicle:
2006 Impreza WRX STi
380whp

Default

SOA Blog, why is my local dealer so clueless. They keep calling me asking me if I want another Impreza and when I ask about the BRZ they are telling me it won't be available until 2013. Even after I tell them its spring 2012.
SlickWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:15 PM   #2909
chanomatik
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage (...for now...)
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Ltd 6MT CBS
SNOSLO

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOA Blog View Post
Yes sir.
Thank you for finally putting this to rest! It's been all freaking year that he's been asking that question!!!!
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 05:00 PM   #2910
G-Omaha
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 209172
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Omaha, NE
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza CLL
BL2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post
Thank you for finally putting this to rest! It's been all freaking year that he's been asking that question!!!!
It''s not longer "future", so he/she is now able to respond..
G-Omaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 05:47 PM   #2911
chanomatik
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage (...for now...)
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Ltd 6MT CBS
SNOSLO

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Omaha View Post
It''s not longer "future", so he/she is now able to respond..
I know. I was still just thanking SOA Blog since HB was always asking.
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 05:54 PM   #2912
sir_wagon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 71549
Join Date: Sep 2004
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Mid-Atlantic Region
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB_Dad View Post
SOA Blog, does the BRZ have the reinforced ring-shaped frame all other Subarus have?
Take a closer look at the huge size of the b-pillar.
sir_wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:55 PM   #2913
HB_Dad
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 45190
Join Date: Oct 2003
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Vehicle:
2006 Tribeca LTD
Atlantic Blue Pearl

Default

SOA Blog, why has Subaru not put out a convertible in the US? I'd really like one though it had better be AWD as well, none of this RWD BS! I saw the dealer-modified STi in another thread and it makes me wonder why this hasn't been done officially...
HB_Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:11 PM   #2914
ST Eye
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 73068
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: MD
Vehicle:
2008 STI Boost Wagon
2014 Honda Accord Hybrid

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB_Dad View Post
SOA Blog, why has Subaru not put out a convertible in the US? I'd really like one though it had better be AWD as well, none of this RWD BS! I saw the dealer-modified STi in another thread and it makes me wonder why this hasn't been done officially...
Not to speak on behalf of SOA, but I'm sure they do market surveys to decide if there is a market for the car. Given that the majority of Subarus are probably driven in more cold climates (due to AWD), they probably don't foresee a large market for convertibles. If you want a convertible with AWD, consider the Nissan Murano convertible.
ST Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:31 AM   #2915
Snow Drift
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 75071
Join Date: Nov 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NYC
Vehicle:
4 Train - Subway
Past: 05, 08, 11 Red WRXs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB_Dad View Post
SOA Blog, why has Subaru not put out a convertible in the US? I'd really like one though it had better be AWD as well, none of this RWD BS! I saw the dealer-modified STi in another thread and it makes me wonder why this hasn't been done officially...
Here you go:


B9 Scrambler - "It's a 4.2 metres (165.4 in) long two seater powered by a 140 hp (104 kW) hybrid engine. The design is done by Andreas Zapatinas.

The engine is a 2.0 litre flat-4 cylinder hybrid. The ride height can be adjusted through a self-leveling air suspension.

This concept car was first shown in 2003 at the Tokyo Motor Show. It was designed with influence from Subaru's aircraft heritage, with the front end appearing to look like the cross section of an airliner, with a central jet intake and wings. The lower panels of the B9 are dent resistant." - wiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST Eye View Post
Not to speak on behalf of SOA, but I'm sure they do market surveys to decide if there is a market for the car. Given that the majority of Subarus are probably driven in more cold climates (due to AWD), they probably don't foresee a large market for convertibles. If you want a convertible with AWD, consider the Nissan Murano convertible.
The Audi TT would probably be a better option, or even a Wrangler compared to the Murano.
Snow Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:06 PM   #2916
HB_Dad
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 45190
Join Date: Oct 2003
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Vehicle:
2006 Tribeca LTD
Atlantic Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Drift View Post
Here you go:


B9 Scrambler - "It's a 4.2 metres (165.4 in) long two seater powered by a 140 hp (104 kW) hybrid engine. The design is done by Andreas Zapatinas.

The engine is a 2.0 litre flat-4 cylinder hybrid. The ride height can be adjusted through a self-leveling air suspension.

This concept car was first shown in 2003 at the Tokyo Motor Show. It was designed with influence from Subaru's aircraft heritage, with the front end appearing to look like the cross section of an airliner, with a central jet intake and wings. The lower panels of the B9 are dent resistant." - wiki
Dude, did you even read my post? I sad why haven't they put one out? A concept car is just a tease. I am talking about being able to actually buy one!
HB_Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:32 PM   #2917
chanomatik
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage (...for now...)
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Ltd 6MT CBS
SNOSLO

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB_Dad View Post
Dude, did you even read my post? I sad why haven't they put one out? A concept car is just a tease. I am talking about being able to actually buy one!
I think he was showing it to you to help you realize that they've obviously considered the idea at some point.

Also, an Audi TT Quattro would fill that need nicely.
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:46 PM   #2918
Snow Drift
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 75071
Join Date: Nov 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NYC
Vehicle:
4 Train - Subway
Past: 05, 08, 11 Red WRXs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post
I think he was showing it to you to help you realize that they've obviously considered the idea at some point.

Also, an Audi TT Quattro would fill that need nicely.
That was my intention. Besides, the Audi TT or Audi A4 (old) or Audi A5, you don't have many options.
Snow Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:40 PM   #2919
manticus
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 162857
Join Date: Oct 2007
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Calgary, AB
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB_Dad View Post
Dude, did you even read my post? I sad why haven't they put one out? A concept car is just a tease. I am talking about being able to actually buy one!
So... do you want the reinforced safety ring in your Subaru or a convertible? I guess they'll have to decide whether it's worth it to create a vehicle without this groundbreaking piece of satefy technology in order to satisfy a small fanbase. My guess is that you'll face a lot of flack over such a request, especially when the reinforced ring has saved quite a few lives over the years and become a staple in the Subaru lineup. I'm sure that many people will probably flame you for even suggesting that Subaru should ever produce something without the reinforced ring, seeing as it will absolutely ruin their reputation for safety that they spent decades building in the US market.

Sorry, that was a cheap shot
manticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:51 PM   #2920
chanomatik
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage (...for now...)
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Ltd 6MT CBS
SNOSLO

Default

They should make it without the ring-reinforcement AND put the engine in the rear... REVOLUTIONARY! REAR-ENGINE SYMMETRICAL ALL-WHEEL DRIVE!!!

The Subaru Revolution. Or Subaru ARR (All-wheel, Rear-engine, Revolution).
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:02 PM   #2921
HB_Dad
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 45190
Join Date: Oct 2003
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Vehicle:
2006 Tribeca LTD
Atlantic Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post
They should make it without the ring-reinforcement AND put the engine in the rear... REVOLUTIONARY! REAR-ENGINE SYMMETRICAL ALL-WHEEL DRIVE!!!

The Subaru Revolution. Or Subaru ARR (All-wheel, Rear-engine, Revolution).
HB_Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:30 PM   #2922
REX8
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 24038
Join Date: Sep 2002
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Godspeed Cale...
Default

......

Last edited by REX8; 12-11-2011 at 11:51 AM.
REX8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:21 AM   #2923
keepclam
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 120244
Join Date: Jul 2006
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Everett, WA
Vehicle:
2006 Legacy SE Sedan
2006 Pilot EX-L 4WD

Default

Dear SOA Blog,

How's it goin'? Are you the same group you have been, or have personnel changes affected who participates as SOA Blog?

Tim Colbeck knocking on the door yet? Back luck there for him, but the payoff could've been big for him if Saab could've work it out. Hope he lands someplace good.
keepclam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:58 AM   #2924
moonrider_99
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 258628
Join Date: Sep 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: PA
Vehicle:
2009 WRX stg2-SOLD
2012 MS3

Default

Dear SOA Blog,

why does the 2008+ STI hatchback NOT have a sunroof option available when the 5 door WRX does?
moonrider_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:15 AM   #2925
anarchyburger
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 173654
Join Date: Mar 2008
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Wellington, FL
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Sedan
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonrider_99 View Post
Dear SOA Blog,

why does the 2008+ STI hatchback NOT have a sunroof option available when the 5 door WRX does?
Because racecar.
anarchyburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GM goes for hip with shotgun blog NYCshopper Non-Subaru News & Rumors 5 01-31-2007 07:21 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.