Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday September 16, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Click here to visit TireRack
Brakes & Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Losing traction? Need new tires?
Click here to visit the NASIOC Upgrade Garage...
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Brakes, Steering & Suspension

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 02-09-2002, 12:51 AM   #1
N10S
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 12335
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
WR Blue

Default Question regarding Ingalls adjustable camber bolts

Need a sanity check from someone who has some first hand experience with the Ingalls adjustable camber bolts. I recently installed a set of M2 lowering springs, and in doing so also ordered a set of Ingalls 14mm adjustable camber bolts (part#3542) to install in the rear mounts prior to getting the car aligned. Well, much to my surprise the Ingalls bolt is such a tight fit, that after two tries, and visions of having one of these bolts broken off in my strut mount, I did the only right thing and put the stock bolt back in place.

I was traveling today and could not get Ingalls number to talk with their tech support, so I am hoping someone can confirm any or all of the following questions : 1) Is the 14mm size correct? 2) Is the Ingalls part number 3542 correct? 3) Do these fit that tight by design?

Alignment of the knuckle is not the issue as I can immediately re-install the factory bolt with nothing more than a slight lift to the wheel and knuckle assembly.

Thanks for any info that can be provided!
jeff
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
N10S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 02:11 AM   #2
Richard A.
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 79
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
1999 2.5 RS
RBP

I had to file down the cam lobe, on the bolt, on some I used before getting my DMS 50's. I think, after more fileing than I cared to do a second time, I used a grinder on the second bolt lobe and fine tuned it with the file. They do need to be tight but no way were they goning in without some metal off them. Another pain in the a$$ with them is the nut or bolt head seemed to be some size I'd never needed before in all my 20+ years of autocrossing and car buying. Tighten them to the max recomended torque but not over as they are somewhat subject to rounding. Also, if you have to loosen and retighten them a few times to get your alignment right, they may no longer stay in place even if torqued properly. Buy another set or Locktight them if you need to make more than two or three adjustments.
Richard A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 12:54 PM   #3
Somber
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 5118
Default hmm, interesting

I'm in the process of ordering the MUS12514 Whiteline Camber Bolts from Vivid... wondering if these will also have to be "custom tuned" to get them on my car...
Somber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 02:22 PM   #4
N10S
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 12335
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
WR Blue

Default Thanks !, plus some new info

Thanks for the feedback you confirmed my suspicions. I actually took the car in this morning. Did a baseline with the M2 springs and the front adjusters set for its maximum negative camber (inward at the top) setting with stock adjusters. The baseline read -1.20(L) -1.30(R),Front toe was way messed up with the left slightly in and the right in a toe-out config. The rear camber was -1.4 (L) and -1.8 (R) and toe was in a little. We installed the Ingalls adjustable camber bolts and were able to set the rear camber to -.80 and the fronts were left at the original setting.Toe for both front and rear was set for 0.0. The main thing I wanted people to know was that the Ingalls bolts were the right part# and that if you don't use them in the rear after lowering your car, you will probably chew-up your rear tires fairly quickly.

Jeff
N10S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 03:08 PM   #5
BIGSKYWRX
Scooby Guru

Member#: 7958
Vehicle:
09 GH B+

jeff,

Did you have to do any filing/alterations to the bolts? You say you were able to get to -.8 camber, ~ 1 degree change from your baseline, was there more adjustment? or was -.8 where you wanted it?

thanks,

Big Sky
BIGSKYWRX is offline   Reply With Quote