Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday October 23, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2010, 09:56 AM   #1301
waynoSTI
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 162151
Join Date: Oct 2007
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: IAG PERFORMACE!
Vehicle:
2.6L BLUE THUNDER
LOW&WIDE&SHAVED

Default

The 6 pot Tarmac with sti logo are 775pounds used each! That's a good deal I think. I'm going to grab a set next season or over the winter...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
waynoSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:10 AM   #1302
tino
Top Scoob 019
 
Member#: 43630
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Down Under
Vehicle:
2004 GT40R-built 2.5
604 whp @1.8 BAR on VP109

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynoSTI View Post
The 6 pot Tarmac with sti logo are 775pounds used each! That's a good deal I think. I'm going to grab a set next season or over the winter...
hmm really where i didnt see that? can you copy and past it so i can see which one as thats in my range..
tino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:20 AM   #1303
waynoSTI
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 162151
Join Date: Oct 2007
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: IAG PERFORMACE!
Vehicle:
2.6L BLUE THUNDER
LOW&WIDE&SHAVED

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tino View Post
hmm really where i didnt see that? can you copy and past it so i can see which one as thats in my range..
Ok sorry mate my bad. the ones i was talking about are on line 33-34 but they don't have a sti logo on them. they are 6 pot tarmac though...
waynoSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 04:39 PM   #1304
jutes85
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 127232
Join Date: Sep 2006
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Suck Lake, Alberta
Vehicle:
E92 M3
98' Foz

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tino View Post
haha i dont have them, but thinking about getting them..
If you don't I will.
jutes85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 07:50 PM   #1305
tino
Top Scoob 019
 
Member#: 43630
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Down Under
Vehicle:
2004 GT40R-built 2.5
604 whp @1.8 BAR on VP109

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynoSTI View Post
Ok sorry mate my bad. the ones i was talking about are on line 33-34 but they don't have a sti logo on them. they are 6 pot tarmac though...
Damn i want STI logo even though it adds like another 1000 pounds to the price.. hahah

Quote:
Originally Posted by jutes85 View Post
If you don't I will.

hahah im thinking i might
tino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:21 PM   #1306
mpsti05
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 86741
Join Date: May 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chicago
Vehicle:
05 STi.. Built
twinscroll35r Love/Hate

Default

Damn those brakes are ffffing awesome!
mpsti05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 09:15 PM   #1307
RedRexy-SG
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 152285
Join Date: Jun 2007
Chapter/Region: International
Location: The Little Red Dot
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
Rosso

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tino View Post
Its also the same on the ralli spec website.. so im sure its okay??

but i am really wondering if getting the sti Grp N ap racing 4 pots will be better than the sti 6pot street brakes??
Okay, I've just done more digging around and have convinced myself that the RA-R did indeed come with 2-pots in the rear. However, rotor sizes are nigh on impossible to come by (or I've possibly been looking in all the wrong places ).

Your call mate.
RedRexy-SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 09:41 PM   #1308
scby rex
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 104878
Join Date: Jan 2006
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: copperas cove
Vehicle:
02 wrxbastardchild
aw, MPS 2.34 breaking in

Default

pretty sure they can be optioned in JP. So the oem ones should be the same.
scby rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 10:01 PM   #1309
tino
Top Scoob 019
 
Member#: 43630
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Down Under
Vehicle:
2004 GT40R-built 2.5
604 whp @1.8 BAR on VP109

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRexy-SG View Post
Okay, I've just done more digging around and have convinced myself that the RA-R did indeed come with 2-pots in the rear. However, rotor sizes are nigh on impossible to come by (or I've possibly been looking in all the wrong places ).

Your call mate.
Yeh im pretty sure they did come with the 2pot rears. I think im going to use my front brembos for the rear so i will have 6pot fronts and 4 pot rears.

Can you guys explain how i can ensure that i have the correct brake bias? Do i need to change my master cyclinder etc??

The bigger rotors will still fit on the hubs correct?? ill just need maybe new brackets?? or maybe i can use the brackets off the 4pots as the 6pots have there own brackets..

Lastly the 6pots are for 5x114.3 PCD, do u guys think its an issue to drill out the correct holes through the hat to make the correct 5x100PCD?
tino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 10:08 PM   #1310
scby rex
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 104878
Join Date: Jan 2006
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: copperas cove
Vehicle:
02 wrxbastardchild
aw, MPS 2.34 breaking in

Default

sounds like too much of a headache. Id use the 6 and 2.
scby rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 10:46 PM   #1311
RedRexy-SG
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 152285
Join Date: Jun 2007
Chapter/Region: International
Location: The Little Red Dot
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
Rosso

Default

^^ True. The front rotors on the STI are quite a bit larger than those on the rear. Brake bias issues may crop up. I'll post the specs of the stock brakes when I get back home later.

I don't know how the brake bias can be changed on the STi, or even if EBD can compensate appropriately, so I'll leave this to the gurus here to advise. The standard STi master cylinder should be adequate for what you intend to do.

The bigger rotors should simply fit directly onto the hubs. You might have to modify the stock backing plates to get the rotors to fit though.

With regards to the PCD, the bigger rotors will fit onto 5 x 100 as long as a competent machine shop drills out the holes correctly. However, you may wanna think about upgrading the hubs to the 114.3 version for stronger and longer lasting bearings and reduced pad knock-back, which might rear its ugly head even with the 6-pots.

Last edited by RedRexy-SG; 05-09-2010 at 10:53 PM.
RedRexy-SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 10:54 PM   #1312
tino
Top Scoob 019
 
Member#: 43630
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Down Under
Vehicle:
2004 GT40R-built 2.5
604 whp @1.8 BAR on VP109

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scby rex View Post
sounds like too much of a headache. Id use the 6 and 2.
hahah nothing a few brackets cant fix...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRexy-SG View Post
^^ True. The front rotors on the STI are quite a bit larger than those on the rear. Brake bias issues may crop up. I'll post the specs of the stock brakes when I get back home later.
Yeh i think my front discs are around 300mm.. the 6 pot ones are 355mm i think..

But how is brake bias issue fixed; different master cylinder??
tino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 10:56 PM   #1313
RedRexy-SG
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 152285
Join Date: Jun 2007
Chapter/Region: International
Location: The Little Red Dot
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
Rosso

Default

^^Edited my previous post with more info.
RedRexy-SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 10:59 PM   #1314
tino
Top Scoob 019
 
Member#: 43630
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Down Under
Vehicle:
2004 GT40R-built 2.5
604 whp @1.8 BAR on VP109

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRexy-SG View Post

I don't know how the brake bias can be changed on the STi, or even if EBD can compensate appropriately, so I'll leave this to the gurus here to advise. The standard STi master cylinder should be adequate for what you intend to do.

The bigger rotors should simply fit directly onto the hubs. You might have to modify the stock backing plates to get the rotors to fit though.

With regards to the PCD, the bigger rotors will fit onto 5 x 100 as long as a competent machine shop drills out the holes correctly. However, you may wanna think about upgrading the hubs to the 114.3 version for stronger and longer lasting bearings and reduced pad knock-back, which might rear its ugly head even with the 6-pots.

Yeh im not sure either, the thing is though im increasing the front/rear by the same proportion so it should still be balanced??

backing plate not so much of an issue, alot of people remove them to keep the heat from building up??

yeh i have been thinking about the 114.3 swap but im going to have two sets of rims the enkeis and te37s which are both 5x100. So unless i can go back to a 5x100 by modifying the hubs some how i dont want to go down that path...


Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRexy-SG View Post
^^Edited my previous post with more info.

hahah yep heres my re-reply
tino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:07 PM   #1315
RedRexy-SG
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 152285
Join Date: Jun 2007
Chapter/Region: International
Location: The Little Red Dot
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
Rosso

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tino View Post
Yeh im not sure either, the thing is though im increasing the front/rear by the same proportion so it should still be balanced??

backing plate not so much of an issue, alot of people remove them to keep the heat from building up??

yeh i have been thinking about the 114.3 swap but im going to have two sets of rims the enkeis and te37s which are both 5x100. So unless i can go back to a 5x100 by modifying the hubs some how i dont want to go down that path...





hahah yep heres my re-reply
A quick search on Google threw up this thread started by Legacy777 on NASIOC: Brake Math/Torque Spreadsheet

The spreadsheet link in that thread still works. Hope it helps you in your application.
RedRexy-SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:44 PM   #1316
tino
Top Scoob 019
 
Member#: 43630
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Down Under
Vehicle:
2004 GT40R-built 2.5
604 whp @1.8 BAR on VP109

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRexy-SG View Post
A quick search on Google threw up this thread started by Legacy777 on NASIOC: Brake Math/Torque Spreadsheet

The spreadsheet link in that thread still works. Hope it helps you in your application.

Pity theres no new 6 pot data in there.. i might try and work it out though.. as it seems the calcs are there..
tino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:06 AM   #1317
RedRexy-SG
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 152285
Join Date: Jun 2007
Chapter/Region: International
Location: The Little Red Dot
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
Rosso

Default

Seems the 6-pot data is hard to come by. I wanted to assume that the calipers are the same as those on the R35 GTR but I have no way to substantiate that. Furthermore, I think the discs on the R35 are bigger than those on the RA-R.

If I perchance upon any info, I'll keep you posted.
RedRexy-SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:13 AM   #1318
tino
Top Scoob 019
 
Member#: 43630
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Down Under
Vehicle:
2004 GT40R-built 2.5
604 whp @1.8 BAR on VP109

Default

Yeh the calipers are the sane as the R35. the discs are 355 mm asfaik
tino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:40 AM   #1319
And70
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 171055
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sydney Australia
Vehicle:
2001 STI Wagon
2nd Top Scoob #22

Default

Tino, Tino, Tino - top stuff !!!!
:-)

Last edited by And70; 05-10-2010 at 07:44 AM.
And70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:06 AM   #1320
tino
Top Scoob 019
 
Member#: 43630
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Down Under
Vehicle:
2004 GT40R-built 2.5
604 whp @1.8 BAR on VP109

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by And70 View Post
Tino, Tino, Tino - top stuff !!!!
:-)
hahaah Andy i saw ur ninja edit.... Im trying to stop but i just cant.. grrr this is sending me broke


Anyway So this is the new turbo sump dougie bathroom spec styles.. It will be mounted on the chasis underneath the radiator fans hence the shape.

Not bad effort including Russes orignal work..




tino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:27 AM   #1321
9vapors
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 92582
Join Date: Aug 2005
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NY
Vehicle:
*

Default

Lol, so does the water go the opposite way when you flush?

Anyway, looks pretty great...
9vapors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:33 PM   #1322
25rsti
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 166324
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Haverhill, MA
Vehicle:
3 turbos &n NA
@DBlockSTi

Default

at least the toilet was flushed
25rsti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:26 PM   #1323
dudley123
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 120831
Join Date: Jul 2006
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Richland, Washington
Vehicle:
PIA Purpose Built -
SEMA-FullRace/HRE/Cosw.

Default

You could make one of those and replace the Toilet Tank Totally..

Lol, braided lines on the ****ter!! ftw
dudley123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:59 PM   #1324
tino
Top Scoob 019
 
Member#: 43630
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Down Under
Vehicle:
2004 GT40R-built 2.5
604 whp @1.8 BAR on VP109

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9vapors View Post
Lol, so does the water go the opposite way when you flush?

Anyway, looks pretty great...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 25rsti View Post
at least the toilet was flushed
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudley123 View Post
You could make one of those and replace the Toilet Tank Totally..

Lol, braided lines on the ****ter!! ftw


hahaha not my toilet this is my workshops guys on... My pics will still be bathroom spec not toilet spec
tino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:22 AM   #1325
cribbie
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 184505
Join Date: Jul 2008
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: Ontario
Vehicle:
2003 WRX
Sonic yellow

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tino View Post
hahaah Andy i saw ur ninja edit.... Im trying to stop but i just cant.. grrr this is sending me broke


Anyway So this is the new turbo sump dougie bathroom spec styles.. It will be mounted on the chasis underneath the radiator fans hence the shape.

Not bad effort including Russes orignal work..






Its midnight and i just woke up everyone including my cat Integra, because I almost pit my shants in laughter!!!!

That toilet picture is Classic!!! You really have started a new trend Tino

Looks great!
cribbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WORKS TUNING AT EDO 8/23 and 8/24 Edo Performance SCIC Vendor Classifieds 0 08-15-2008 02:52 PM
STi clutch slipping at 26 psi of boost DJIMPREZA Transmission (AT/MT) & Driveline 8 03-04-2008 10:04 PM
18g boost creep at 8 psi AlboWRX Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.0L Turbo) 26 01-06-2007 05:19 AM
Only 8 PSI boost Uncle Scotty Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.0L Turbo) 17 02-28-2003 09:09 PM
only 8 psi boost stock? solomrus Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.0L Turbo) 8 09-16-2001 02:15 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.