Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday May 6, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Service & Maintenance

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:21 PM   #1
ngk360
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 91831
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2002 wrx
silver

Default 90,000 mile maint.

my 02 is comming up on 90k how much would i be looking at having the dealer ship take this on. i know i have to have the timing belt and the other belts changed, spark plugs, fuel filter, injectors need cleaning and brakes,at this time what else should i have done to the car while its in the shop?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ngk360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 08:35 PM   #2
silver2004impreza
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 127878
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza 2.5TS
2004 Outback sedan H6

Flushing the fluids out and replacing them with fresh wouldn't be a bad idea. Also, since you're getting the timing belt done, I'd recommend also replacing the water pump (since it's timing driven), the TB tensioner, the front main seal, the cam seals (if they're leaking), and the idler pullies, since a problem with any one of them and you'll be tearing the front of your engine down again to fix it.

Also, I'm not sure if the WRXs are a coil-on-plug setup or not (I don't get to work on many at my shop, and my Impreza doesn't have a turbo), but if it's not you might want to replace the spark plug wires when the plugs are changed. Also, replace the valve cover gaskets if there's oil on the plug boots, since it's a common fail point with our cars.
silver2004impreza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 09:22 PM   #3
RoadTrippin
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 161175
Chapter/Region: RMIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngk360 View Post
my 02 is comming up on 90k how much would i be looking at having the dealer ship take this on. i know i have to have the timing belt and the other belts changed, spark plugs, fuel filter, injectors need cleaning and brakes,at this time what else should i have done to the car while its in the shop?
I was supposed to have mine done right around the time of purchase, local subbie dealer wanted around 700 for the 90k service, I said screw them and did it myself for significantly cheaper. Its worth the time to shop around as I can promise you can find lower prices.

Fluids is always a good idea
RoadTrippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 10:03 PM   #4
Unabomber
Big Ron

Member#: 18062
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
on car parts so PM
me b4 j00 buy

Unabomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 05:05 PM   #5
ngk360
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 91831
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2002 wrx
silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unabomber View Post
no i didn't miss that i'm just trying to get an i idea on what else i should have done while i have my car in the shop i also didn't miss what the manual says either, so that being said either drop an idea or keep pressing on
ngk360 is offline   Reply With Quote