|03-15-2001, 04:07 PM||#1|
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Dillsburg, PAVehicle:
2007 BMW 328xi wagon
Test-drove black WRX at Tri-City (NH) !!!
That's.... really all I have to say!!!
Last night I was leaving Dover for Manchester, and opted to swing through Exeter rather than hop right on 125. I stopped at the BMW dealer (since it's always nice to look ), and then Subaru.
Wha-..... HOLY COW! Like... five or six of the WRXs were in! I was so excited.
Today I had two karate classes in Dover, so I called Tri-City Subaru (my dealer in Somersworth), and found out they had some, too. Up I went, and got the keys to a black sedan.
Let's do this by the numbers:
1. Love the exterior door handles. Call that a stupid thing to love, but I do.
2. The seats. Holy crap, the seats. It's worth the drive just to SIT in the car.
3. OOH MAMA that dashboard! The gauges, for me, are HARDER to see than in the '00 RS, since the '02 sits higher up in the dash.
I keep the wheel at its lowest height, so the upper part of the rim cuts right in the middle of the gauges on the '02. Oh well, no sweat. NICE gauges.
4. Oh yeah, already mentioned the seats.
5. Shifter's sloppy. Kartboy?!? YooooHooooo, where are you??
6. POWAH! So much powah!!! The power's just awesome. I drove down from exit 9 (Spaulding Tpk.) to exit 7, which is a good off-ramp. Turned right around and came back.
7. Brakes. Maybe it's just that the car's new, but they feel quite a bit more powerful.
Then again, maybe they are. I don't know the specs.
When I got back, I heard they were getting a shipment in in an hour and a half. So I went to grab a tuna sammich and some comic books, and returned to find a BEAUTIFUL Rally Blue (YES!!!) WRX wagon, a few others, and the yellow sedan one of the managers bought. I don't like the yellow, but I am ALL OVER that blue wagon.
Soon as I get me a job again, provided it's a good one, gimme a year or so and I may trade in the RS for that wagon. The car still does look kinda goofy in person with those lights, but..... the rest more than makes up for it.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Test drove a 06 at BVSubaru||japakazol||Southern California Impreza Club Forum -- SCIC||11||08-22-2006 12:45 AM|
|test drove 06 wrx at new dealership||scooter4483||Mid West Subaru Owners Club Forum -- MWSOC||27||11-29-2005 12:45 AM|
|Unitentional meet at Tri-City||slack2012||Bay Area Impreza Club Forum -- BAIC||4||11-17-2002 03:16 AM|
|Whose Black wrx at ASP in Daly City?||bluperlrex||Bay Area Impreza Club Forum -- BAIC||7||05-09-2002 10:04 PM|
|('93-'01) i test drove the wrx today and..............||dabeast||Impreza Forum||4||05-24-2001 04:47 AM|