Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday July 1, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Audio, Video & Security

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2008, 08:38 PM   #1
breezeby
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 132658
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: jacksonville
Vehicle:
07 TR vf39ed
RomRaided!!!! Oh Yeah!!

Default Need help with AUX control of 07 HU in my 07 TR

Hey i need some help because my new oem sti 07 HU with AUX input will not work and neither does the CD player

I installed in today and right after i installed it the HU said system check and i don't know what that means, well i started up my car and pressed the on button or volume button and it started makin the sound like the CD player was starting and i turned on the radio and it worked

but when i started trying the CD player it said press eject so i did and it started makin noise and then it said disc search. then it switched back to the radio and i tried to make the AUX work and it wouldn't even switch to the AUX to even try it and now i just need a little help or something to try and someone to tell me what i did wrong or what to do






please help



can someone tell me if there is an order or hooking up the back of the sterio to make it work correctly
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by breezeby; 05-15-2008 at 03:33 PM.
breezeby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:04 PM   #2
breezeby
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 132658
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: jacksonville
Vehicle:
07 TR vf39ed
RomRaided!!!! Oh Yeah!!

Default

after pressing the CD/AUX button this shows up and it sounds like it wants to work



i press eject and then this happens








after pressing eject button



i need some help
breezeby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 09:22 AM   #3
breezeby
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 132658
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: jacksonville
Vehicle:
07 TR vf39ed
RomRaided!!!! Oh Yeah!!

Default

bump for some help
breezeby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 03:34 PM   #4
breezeby
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 132658
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: jacksonville
Vehicle:
07 TR vf39ed
RomRaided!!!! Oh Yeah!!

Default

still need some help here
breezeby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 08:34 AM   #5
breezeby
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 132658
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: jacksonville
Vehicle:
07 TR vf39ed
RomRaided!!!! Oh Yeah!!

Default

bump for som help still
breezeby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:52 AM   #6
chrisarella
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 35584
Join Date: Apr 2003
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: www.chrisarella.com
Vehicle:
1965 FFR Roadster
Coyote + TR-6060

Default

My HU was working fine, then I sent it to Lightwerkz to have the backlighting modded to blue, and when I got it back I got the same message. Did you ever get your 07 HU working after you got a "system check" message?
chrisarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:12 AM   #7
CSVT_2004
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 182213
Join Date: Jun 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Madison
Vehicle:
1999 Contour SVT

Default

Did the unit not come with a factory warranty?? Is it a 6 disc or single disc unit? You should not leave discs in the HU if it is a multiple disc unit when disconnecting and reconnecting power. Also most units go through a check if it's the 6 disc and it cycles all the disc spots, which you should not be moving or jolting the unit until it has finished doing its cycle. As for AUX, have you tried plugging something into it and then pushing AUX.... some AUX ins only work if they "sense" something plugged in...
CSVT_2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:28 AM   #8
chrisarella
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 35584
Join Date: Apr 2003
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: www.chrisarella.com
Vehicle:
1965 FFR Roadster
Coyote + TR-6060

Default

I have an 03 WRX and bought the 07 HU here from another member, so no I don't have a warranty. The HU worked fine for almost a year without issues.

And as far as I know, no discs were left in my HU.

The issues are that the "system check" message doesn't go away, nor can I access my Sirius satellite mode. If I power up the radio premature before the "system check" message stops blinking the am/fm will work and I get the same messages as noted above when clicking on the cd button. Then all I can do is use the am/fm mode. So I disconnect the pin connector in the back, left it out overnight, and plugged it in this morning which brought it back into "system check" mode. I waited 10 minutes and nothing happened.

Now what?
chrisarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:09 AM   #9
CSVT_2004
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 182213
Join Date: Jun 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Madison
Vehicle:
1999 Contour SVT

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisarella View Post
I have an 03 WRX and bought the 07 HU here from another member, so no I don't have a warranty. The HU worked fine for almost a year without issues.

And as far as I know, no discs were left in my HU.

The issues are that the "system check" message doesn't go away, nor can I access my Sirius satellite mode. If I power up the radio premature before the "system check" message stops blinking the am/fm will work and I get the same messages as noted above when clicking on the cd button. Then all I can do is use the am/fm mode. So I disconnect the pin connector in the back, left it out overnight, and plugged it in this morning which brought it back into "system check" mode. I waited 10 minutes and nothing happened.

Now what?
Sounds like an internal issue.... May have to take it to a dealership and have it serviced...
CSVT_2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:40 AM   #10
chrisarella
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 35584
Join Date: Apr 2003
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: www.chrisarella.com
Vehicle:
1965 FFR Roadster
Coyote + TR-6060

Default

Internal to what? I only sent the face to be modded (which unclips from the body). The main body of the HU stayed on a shelf untouched. I can't imagine how anything related to the internals got damaged. Thanks anyway. It is going back to Lightwerkz to get sorted out now.
chrisarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:44 AM   #11
weaponstroop
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 180842
Join Date: May 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Missouri
Vehicle:
2008 WRX STi
WRB

Default

be sure to let us know how it works out for you.
weaponstroop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:47 AM   #12
chrisarella
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 35584
Join Date: Apr 2003
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: www.chrisarella.com
Vehicle:
1965 FFR Roadster
Coyote + TR-6060

Default

I will. This really sux bawlz.
chrisarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 01:01 PM   #13
CSVT_2004
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 182213
Join Date: Jun 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Madison
Vehicle:
1999 Contour SVT

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisarella View Post
I will. This really sux bawlz.
I didn't catch weather this was a 6 disk unit or not. If it is, from what I've seen happen at our bay, we got a tech bulletain a while back about leaving disks in the unit when removing or re installing... sometimes can mess up the internal changer, even if you do this you can still have issues if your not extremely careful with them... We had an installer doing a 04 dodge ram 3500 dually for sat radio, he removed all the disks, was careful with it, and it still had issues when he was done... idk if he jolted it or what... but I always let it cycle the trays and don't put it into the dash until it has stopped making all of it's mechanical sounds.

Sorry to hear about the HU, maybe something in the face to crossed when they were modding, you did say hitting cd said eject, and eject said disc searching... maybe they got something mixed up inside.... or touching something it shouldn't....

Hope it all works out for you in the end...

Why did you go with the 07 factory radio if you don't mind me asking?
CSVT_2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:49 PM   #14
chrisarella
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 35584
Join Date: Apr 2003
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: www.chrisarella.com
Vehicle:
1965 FFR Roadster
Coyote + TR-6060

Default

It's the 6-disc changer that came in the 07 STI limited, with the iPod port, Sirius, and plays mp3/wma audio. I can look through the top venting and see there are no discs in the sleeves. As a matter of fact, the discs that were in the player before I removed it from the car are still on my front seat (all 6 of them).

And I went with the 07 factory stereo because it had everything I needed and nothing I didn't... sirius, mp3 playback, ipod port, factory fit/finish, and low-key looks. I'm in NY and getting a car sereo stolen is typically a crime of opportunity. If I have a stereo that isn't trick and doesn't look appealing then a thief will move on to another car that will.

Besides, my whole interior has blue backlighting (including the blue defis) and I like everything to match. Finding the right aftermarket HU that had everything I wanted and matched the lighting would probably be too much to ask for.

Anyway, I just got the Sirius to work a little while ago. My iPod is charging so I'll test it out in the AUX port when it's done charging. The CD player is the main issue now. When I click load it won't accept a cd, then says to click eject, but there is nothing to eject. Clicking eject brings me back out of CD mode to the radio mode. I can look through the top and see there are no CDs in it so that isn't the problem. I'll try pulling the face and re-seating it and go from there.
chrisarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 06:25 PM   #15
CSVT_2004
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 182213
Join Date: Jun 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Madison
Vehicle:
1999 Contour SVT

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisarella View Post
It's the 6-disc changer that came in the 07 STI limited, with the iPod port, Sirius, and plays mp3/wma audio. I can look through the top venting and see there are no discs in the sleeves. As a matter of fact, the discs that were in the player before I removed it from the car are still on my front seat (all 6 of them).

And I went with the 07 factory stereo because it had everything I needed and nothing I didn't... sirius, mp3 playback, ipod port, factory fit/finish, and low-key looks. I'm in NY and getting a car sereo stolen is typically a crime of opportunity. If I have a stereo that isn't trick and doesn't look appealing then a thief will move on to another car that will.

Besides, my whole interior has blue backlighting (including the blue defis) and I like everything to match. Finding the right aftermarket HU that had everything I wanted and matched the lighting would probably be too much to ask for.

Anyway, I just got the Sirius to work a little while ago. My iPod is charging so I'll test it out in the AUX port when it's done charging. The CD player is the main issue now. When I click load it won't accept a cd, then says to click eject, but there is nothing to eject. Clicking eject brings me back out of CD mode to the radio mode. I can look through the top and see there are no CDs in it so that isn't the problem. I'll try pulling the face and re-seating it and go from there.
Sweet, very good choice then Didn't know it had sat, sat is a nice feature. did your car already have the parts for doing sat or did you have to add it?
CSVT_2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:35 PM   #16
chrisarella
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 35584
Join Date: Apr 2003
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: www.chrisarella.com
Vehicle:
1965 FFR Roadster
Coyote + TR-6060

Default

No, the the Sirius antenna wiring had to be run from the stereo, behind the dash, up the a-pillar, across the headliner and next to the rear-view mirror. It wasn't that bad though. It connects via Cnet connector behind the HU. iPod port has replaced my ashtray. I wish I could've mounted it in the glove box or center console but the provided cable wasn't long enough.

BTW, iPod is working now too.

Now I just need to get the CD changer going again.

Last edited by chrisarella; 06-17-2008 at 07:48 PM.
chrisarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:12 AM   #17
CSVT_2004
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 182213
Join Date: Jun 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Madison
Vehicle:
1999 Contour SVT

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisarella View Post
No, the the Sirius antenna wiring had to be run from the stereo, behind the dash, up the a-pillar, across the headliner and next to the rear-view mirror. It wasn't that bad though. It connects via Cnet connector behind the HU. iPod port has replaced my ashtray. I wish I could've mounted it in the glove box or center console but the provided cable wasn't long enough.

BTW, iPod is working now too.

Now I just need to get the CD changer going again.
Well that's a step in the right direction at least...
CSVT_2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help with RAID controller options White 2.5rs Off-Topic 4 05-10-2009 01:18 AM
need help with purge control skatefather Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.0L Turbo) 1 10-17-2008 12:42 PM
Need Help with Boost control Problem sz49/EWG/MBC Zornorph Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.5L Turbo) 10 03-11-2007 09:32 AM
need help with aux in on alpine 9856 imprezar25 Car Audio, Video & Security 3 12-05-2006 10:35 AM
Need help with Ground Control installation skyliner33v Brakes, Steering & Suspension 3 12-24-2001 05:07 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2015 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2015, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.