Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday December 25, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Electrical & Lighting

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:48 PM   #1
Moto2.5
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 181372
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2000 Impreza 2.5RS
Silver

Default Passenger side headlight dim...

Ok so I'm new to the community but not so new to the car world, just Subies.
I'm a Subaru fanatic already and I've owned one for less than a year. Now here's the deal with my car, I own a 2000 Impreza 2.5RS. Love it to death, bought it from a buddy of mine, and when he owned it him and some buddies turboed it. Well of course, they blew the motor and had to have it replaced. Ever since the dropped the new motor in there the passenger headlight has been about half as bright as the driver's side, and I've changed the bulb a couple times to no avail, thus coming to the conclusion that it's probably a fuse or something with the wiring, because it's dimmer than the other whether my lights are on bright or dim. Any suggestions or ideas? All advice would be greatly appreciated as I'm here to learn, I don't let people work on my car unless I have to, I prefer to do it myself so I know a fair amount for how young I am.
Thanks again,
Jarrett
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Moto2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 09:54 PM   #2
Mulder
Trust no one

Member#: 11170
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
02 WRX
15 WRX/05 GTO

There are headlight fuses in the underhood fuse box, one for each side. The fuse for the side that is dim is probably blown, when that happens the light with the blown fuse will be on but very dim due to backfeeding through the filament on the opposite side.
If the fuse is not blown then you'll need to check the wiring to see if something got damaged during the engine swap. The Subaru headlight system is common positive/switched ground.
Mulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 09:59 PM   #3
Moto2.5
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2000 Impreza 2.5RS
Silver

Thanks, I'll go check that out when I get home. I've been drivin the car since September and never have really taken the time to figure it out... even though I've probably dropped a good couple grand into it on top of the 8500 that I paid my buddy for it back then.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:07 PM   #4
Moto2.5
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2000 Impreza 2.5RS
Silver

Hey thanks Mulder, that was it, pulled the fuse, popped a new one in there, issue resolved. Excellent... now leaving my buddy's house last night he calls to tell me the light above my license plate are out... and the saga continues... hahaha.