Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday July 14, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Classifieds > Private 'For Sale' Classifieds > Drivetrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 06-06-2008, 08:29 PM   #1
Raiden
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (3)

Member#: 50054
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
Aspen White

Default FS: Very used 02 WRX 5 Speed

Trans was rebuilt at 89,000 miles at Ann Arbor Subaru (have receipts). Has about 138,000 miles total on it. It developed a whinning noise at around 98,000 miles and I took it back to Ann Arbor Subaru. Was told I needed new center differential carrier bearings at a cost of $900 bucks with installation. Since I had just spent $1,860 getting it rebuilt I asked what would happen if I kept driving it. They told me the whine would get louder as the bearings got worse. The whine did get louder and I recently have purchased and installed an STi 6 speed. When the oil was drained on the 5 speed there was some metal shavings on the drain plug and I am assuming that is from the carrier bearings. I am sure it may need synchros between 4th and 5th because it recently started hanging up betwen shifts. This would be perfect for someone wanting to do a rebuild or just needs a trans in a pinch. Add your rear section with center diff and you are good to go.
Make me an offer.
Shipping is from zip 48103
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 11:28 PM   #2
Raiden
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (3)

Member#: 50054
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
Aspen White

No one needs a quick fix for their broken trans or a core? $200 dollars. I need this trans out of my way.
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:47 AM   #3
skate enjoi
*** Banned ***
Member Sales Rating: (95)

Member#: 120716
Vehicle:
2002 psm ver7 wrx
reversed and rotated

hmm, pm me. how far away from niles, MI 49120 are you? and whats the cheapest youll do? let me know! I freaking hate driving 1st to 3rd!!!
skate enjoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 12:51 PM   #4
DS1
Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (17)

Member#: 111780

Just how I like my boxes, nice and well used

If skate doesn't pick this up lemme know how much you want for it.

-Dylan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

THE Biggest Motul Dealer in the Midwest, we can beat anyone's pricing!

[B][U][COLOR="Black"][FONT="Century Gothic"]"Your attempt to copy shows you have nothing to offer"[/FONT][/COLOR][/U][/B]
DS1 is offline   Reply With Quote