Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday October 2, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Newbies & FAQs

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2008, 07:52 PM   #1
Big Bad Bwady Hall
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 184052
Join Date: Jul 2008
Vehicle:
2008 wrx 4 door
black

Default dual catbacks or single??

i have the impreza wrx 08 and it has the dual exhaus but i want to only put 1 catback but is that doable...or should i just go with the dual?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Big Bad Bwady Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 07:52 PM   #2
BLCK_MRKT
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 139427
Join Date: Feb 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: VERMONT
Vehicle:
2003 WRX
MBP (rally pigs and all)

Default

wow...
BLCK_MRKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:08 AM   #3
Miercoles Cansado
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 166820
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: International
Location: say halo to
Vehicle:
my ignore list

Default

You should REALLY put that car on a lift and take a look at the factory exhaust. Don't think beacuse you have two exhaust tips that they run all the way back to the engine. I think you might find that your tips are coming out of one muffler.
Miercoles Cansado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:11 AM   #4
R6_rider
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 138768
Join Date: Jan 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Indianapolis
Vehicle:
2004 Stage 2 .:WRX:.
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by *BLCK_MRKT* View Post
wow...
wow to you. you sir are a useless post whore.

I believe the WRX has a single tip any way. so unless you have an sti then you have 2 tips. also yea i belive that some companies do make a single tip for the sti but it will leave that gap on the other side.
R6_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:38 AM   #5
caracer22
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 171076
Join Date: Feb 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Lancaster, CA.
Vehicle:
2011 Wrx DGM
STG 2

Default

the 4 door has two muflers, the 5 door has one muff and one tip, yes you can do a single exhaust but you will have an opening on the otherside of the bumper thats empty its up to you...
caracer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:27 AM   #6
GRUMPY514
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 112285
Join Date: Apr 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: NOVA/DC
Vehicle:
2014 BMW 535i
Alpine White

Default

I don't get why there are so many jackass's apart of this board. Blck_MRKT.


Please tell me if I am wrong but this IS the "Newbies & FAQ's" is it not?

Aside for the stupid comments.

Yes you could do a single catback but this is in no way ideal. Since you have dual mufflers the only way to do a SINGLE would be to completely delete one side leaving a gap as said above.


If you think the missing spot in the bumper wont bother you, then go for it. If noise is the issue iam pretty positive they make/will make quiet catback exhausts for your car just like any other subbie.
GRUMPY514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 07:50 AM   #7
06STINyC
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 108704
Join Date: Feb 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Floral Park, New York
Vehicle:
I get my STi in
Sept.

Default

Okk. It's your call. The dual tips means nothing. It's only for looks. You have one exhaust not 2. SO if you can deal with a lil opening on one side do it. it'll save you probly 30lbs atleast. If you ever lifted an exhaust. like that you'll know what I mean. 30 mite be pushin it. But u know what I mean.
06STINyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:50 AM   #8
jshillin
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 163037
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mont Alto, PA
Vehicle:
2008 WRX Prem w/ Nav
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bad Bwady Hall View Post
i have the impreza wrx 08 and it has the dual exhaus but i want to only put 1 catback but is that doable...or should i just go with the dual?
Look at the SPT catback...
jshillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:12 PM   #9
BLCK_MRKT
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 139427
Join Date: Feb 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: VERMONT
Vehicle:
2003 WRX
MBP (rally pigs and all)

Default

Wow.

you can all **** off...
Newb or not 10 minutes on google would have answered half of his question
AND,
your USELESS "why is black such a ass?" comments are just as big a waste of space as my initial comment.

oh and...the wow. was a bump.

lighten up ****ers...

I hope you all fall face first into a bucket of water and cant get out.
BLCK_MRKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 06:47 PM   #10
06STINyC
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 108704
Join Date: Feb 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Floral Park, New York
Vehicle:
I get my STi in
Sept.

Default

^^^^ Your def funny.. ( don't mean that in a ****tin or gettin at you kinda way).. I know exactly what you sayin. And your riite.
06STINyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 07:31 PM   #11
BLCK_MRKT
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 139427
Join Date: Feb 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: VERMONT
Vehicle:
2003 WRX
MBP (rally pigs and all)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06STINyC View Post
^^^^ Your def funny.. ( don't mean that in a ****tin or gettin at you kinda way).. I know exactly what you sayin. And your riite.
Appreciated.
BLCK_MRKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 07:48 PM   #12
06STINyC
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 108704
Join Date: Feb 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Floral Park, New York
Vehicle:
I get my STi in
Sept.

Default

^^ No douuubt. I got u bro lol.

Alot of people are retarded. And go nuts over nothing. And alot of people ask ques without searching. Atleast search and explain how the search didn't help you find what you wanted to know.
06STINyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 08:29 PM   #13
CynicX
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 48199
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Maryland
Vehicle:
06 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by *BLCK_MRKT* View Post
Wow.

you can all **** off...
Newb or not 10 minutes on google would have answered half of his question
AND,
your USELESS "why is black such a ass?" comments are just as big a waste of space as my initial comment.

oh and...the wow. was a bump.

lighten up ****ers...

I hope you all fall face first into a bucket of water and cant get out.
Well your bump was the exact same minute he posted. So you are either a liar or an idiot.

Google will answer half his question? Care to enlighten us where he gets the other half? Probably a forum that specializes in North American Subaru's would be a good place wouldnt you agree?

As far as falling face first into a bucket of water well. In retrospect you'll have to agree thats hardly funny or the slightest bit witty. I mean seriously, thats just kind of......weird and creepy....

.........

OP: The duals are for looks as on a lot of compacts. If you can live with the hole in the bumper or fab it away you'll be good. There are PLENTY of people running 400+ awhp with a 3" pipe....btw the newbie section is supposed to be a safe haven from getting flamed dont worry about what some people say, as long as its here its all good...

Last edited by CynicX; 07-08-2008 at 08:44 PM.
CynicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:44 PM   #14
BLCK_MRKT
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 139427
Join Date: Feb 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: VERMONT
Vehicle:
2003 WRX
MBP (rally pigs and all)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicX View Post
Well your bump was the exact same minute he posted. So you are either a liar or an idiot.

Google will answer half his question? Care to enlighten us where he gets the other half? Probably a forum that specializes in North American Subaru's would be a good place wouldnt you agree?

As far as falling face first into a bucket of water well. In retrospect you'll have to agree thats hardly funny or the slightest bit witty. I mean seriously, thats just kind of......weird and creepy....

.........

OP: The duals are for looks as on a lot of compacts. If you can live with the hole in the bumper or fab it away you'll be good. There are PLENTY of people running 400+ awhp with a 3" pipe....btw the newbie section is supposed to be a safe haven from getting flamed dont worry about what some people say, as long as its here its all good...
You're cute when you're upset with me.

BLCK_MRKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:09 PM   #15
06STINyC
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 108704
Join Date: Feb 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Floral Park, New York
Vehicle:
I get my STi in
Sept.

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicX View Post
.........

OP: The duals are for looks as on a lot of compacts. If you can live with the hole in the bumper or fab it away you'll be good. There are PLENTY of people running 400+ awhp with a 3" pipe....btw the newbie section is supposed to be a safe haven from getting flamed dont worry about what some people say, as long as its here its all good...
I agree 100%.. The dual exhaust on the new imprezas are looks fully.
06STINyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:46 PM   #16
CynicX
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 48199
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Maryland
Vehicle:
06 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by *BLCK_MRKT* View Post
You're cute when you're upset with me.

Hmm, I do agree that I'm attractive upset and even happy for that matter. But from the placid nature of my post esp. in comparison to your previous post its quite obvious I am not upset. Yes, I think your post was a little inappropriate for this section of the forum but not upset.

I thought that was very clear. It probably was, guess you're not a liar...
CynicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:58 PM   #17
REX8
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 24038
Join Date: Sep 2002
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Godspeed Cale...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6_rider View Post
wow to you. you sir are a useless post whore.

I believe the WRX has a single tip any way. so unless you have an sti then you have 2 tips. also yea i belive that some companies do make a single tip for the sti but it will leave that gap on the other side.
This on the other hand was an extremely useful post (!)
REX8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:29 PM   #18
Smoke
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 172486
Join Date: Feb 2008
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Cheney, WA
Vehicle:
95 V4 STi-RA swap
Stage 49.8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06STINyC View Post
^^ No douuubt. I got u bro lol.

Alot of people are retarded. And go nuts over nothing. And alot of people ask ques without searching. Atleast search and explain how the search didn't help you find what you wanted to know.
I think we should all calm down.

Well, we all were newbs at once.
I'm still learning.
Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
97 Legacy L dual port or single port? SubaruImpreza_power Normally Aspirated Powertrain 1 12-21-2008 04:36 PM
EJ22 SOHC Dual Port or Single? Mechkiller31st Normally Aspirated Powertrain 6 03-18-2006 08:38 AM
WTB: (So Cal) Stromung 2.5" dual or single tip catback. djchang84 Private 'Wanted' Classifieds 2 05-10-2005 06:34 PM
Dual stage or Single MBC ??? 05_ATX_Turbo Baja Forum 12 10-05-2004 06:04 PM
('93-'01) dual tip or single? Ragstylz Impreza Forum 37 10-23-2001 04:45 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.