|01-29-2009, 04:28 PM||#26|
Join Date: Jul 2008
2006 Impreza WRX STI
Sorry for the late reply. Have since sold my STI and don't visit the forum as much lately.
In response to your question, I have used a few FK products in the past and have been impressed with the results. The only issue with FK is that to my knowledge, there are no Canadian distributors, and their shipping costs are extremely high to Canada. This makes small orders at the consumer level very pricey. However, there are other ways to remove industrial fallout.
I think your best bet is to go to your local dealership and ask somebody in Detailing if you could purchase a very small amount of gel fallout remover from them. I'm sure they won't mind parting with a small bottle since they buy it it bulk.
Here's an example of the product I'm talking about:
The gel contains oxalic acid, and when placed on your car's paint surface, effectively removes ferrous metals. Here is how you use it (before you clay):
- Wash car with PH balanced soap
- One small area at a time, using a fresh moist microfiber towel, dab the gel (be semi-liberal) onto the paint.
- Let the gel sit on the paint surface for 5-6 minutes and mist the area down with fresh water from a spray bottle to keep the area moist.
- DO NOT LET THE AREA GO DRY!!!!
- After the alloted time, hose down the area making sure all the gel is removed.
- Re-wash the area with PH balanced car wash solution.
- After the car is dry, make sure to wax as soon as possible to seal and protect the paint.
This, combined with your normal clay routine will effectively remove ferrous metals from your paint, and prevent further damage. Clay alone does a great job removing surface contaminants, however, certain types of fallout (such as rail dust) goes far deeper than the surface. Fallout remover is the proper solution.
Best of luck! Aspen White is a full time job =(
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Parting out 02 EJ25 SOHC engine (not quite short block/not quite long block)||mikebontoft||Engine/Power/Exhaust||1||03-16-2010 03:32 PM|
|not quite baic not quite scic||I ROBOT||Bay Area Impreza Club Forum -- BAIC||15||03-25-2009 01:11 AM|
|O2 Sim not quite working out||STiBottom||Newbies & FAQs||9||06-05-2007 06:29 PM|
|Help, my odometer quits working...||96legacyinNoVa||Legacy Forum||6||05-03-2005 10:10 PM|
|HELP! Factory Alarm quit working..||ebny||Electrical & Lighting||1||11-05-2003 11:36 AM|