Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday December 19, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Mid West Subaru Owners Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Mid West Subaru Owners Club Forum -- MWSOC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 10:22 AM   #6801
Nelly
Top Scoob 017
 
Member#: 58321
Join Date: Mar 2004
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Aurora. IL
Vehicle:
2006 9-2x Aero
1 of 235!

Default

Ok, if it's not about the car, then if someone you would deem "cool enough" to hang with, happen to have a 9-2x, would you let him roll with your group? I didn't think so.

Clearly this situation is more then just about the car, but lets face it. It started with the issue of his car. If the 9-2x was not truly a Subaru, then why would this site, A SUBARU SITE, hold a Top SCOOB for just 9-2xs'? Why would they allow the 9-2x to compete in the wagon versions of Top Scoob? Are you guys really that high and mighty that you are blind tho the fact that, outside of the name given to the car, it is 100% Subaru? Designed and made by Subaru in Japan (right next to your precious Impreza) for Saab?

Look at it this way. If Harley was to design and build, in their factory, a bike for Yamaha, the only bikers in the world that wouldn't consider that bike a Harley are the ignorant, uninformed ones.

Now, what if Saab had completely designed and built a car for Subaru? It was 100% Saab except for the Subaru badges that were slapped on it by the Saab builders. Sold as a Subaru in Subaru dealers. Would you consider that a Subaru and let it into your "purist" group? <<<---Now that is an argument I could get behind.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Nelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:30 AM   #6802
Jovver
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 107076
Join Date: Feb 2006
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Richfield, Ohio
Vehicle:
'06 WRX STi (WRB)
'06 Outback LTD (WGO/MGM)

Default

It was never about the car, always about the owner. We used the car as an excuse then he kept pushing the situation.

It's good that all of the Saab owners around the country are rallying for him in this thread though. That's cute. Any others have anything to say?
Jovver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:36 AM   #6803
Nelly
Top Scoob 017
 
Member#: 58321
Join Date: Mar 2004
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Aurora. IL
Vehicle:
2006 9-2x Aero
1 of 235!

Default

Who says I am rallying for him? I don't even know the dude. My post is clearly about the car, and your groups attitude about it. You never did answer my questions.
Nelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:38 AM   #6804
Jovver
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 107076
Join Date: Feb 2006
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Richfield, Ohio
Vehicle:
'06 WRX STi (WRB)
'06 Outback LTD (WGO/MGM)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly View Post
Who says I am rallying for him? I don't even know the dude. My post is clearly about the car, and your groups attitude about it. You never did answer my questions.
Why else would you post up that long defense story about the Saab? I'm not going to answer your questions because it was never about the car.
Jovver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:44 AM   #6805
Nelly
Top Scoob 017
 
Member#: 58321
Join Date: Mar 2004
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Aurora. IL
Vehicle:
2006 9-2x Aero
1 of 235!

Default

Right, I posted up that long defense about the CAR because I am rallying for some guy I don't even know and not the CAR itself.

LOL! Your response and refusal to answer my simple questions has given me, and anyone else that isn't a complete idiot, the answers we need.
Nelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:44 AM   #6806
GromsKillA
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 292760
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Ohio
Vehicle:
2005 CGM STi
'02 Impreza OBS

Default

Let's forget about the car.
GromsKillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:54 AM   #6807
Speakerpatrol
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 99569
Join Date: Oct 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Parma Ohio
Vehicle:
2006 VF39 WRX TR
OBP

Default

Wow, this is really entertaining. This whole issue was never about the car itself.
Speakerpatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:11 AM   #6808
Nelly
Top Scoob 017
 
Member#: 58321
Join Date: Mar 2004
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Aurora. IL
Vehicle:
2006 9-2x Aero
1 of 235!

Default

Well you guys cant be mad at us for defending our rides. Especially when you used them as an excuse to get rid of someone. If it truly is not about the car, then own up to it. Let others know that if they are in the area and own a 9-2x and want to hang out to swing by. Just be up front with people and if you don't think they are right for your club, just tell them they don't fit in. Don't discourage other potential 9-2xers in your area from meeting new people and hanging out. They are on this site for the same reason you guys are. They love their Subaru!
Nelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:17 AM   #6809
Jovver
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 107076
Join Date: Feb 2006
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Richfield, Ohio
Vehicle:
'06 WRX STi (WRB)
'06 Outback LTD (WGO/MGM)

Default

I already owned up to it and frankly this whole blowup is the reason this situation never should have went public. Now we have people from out of state putting in their .02 in an out of state area (to them) specific thread about a guy they don't know who was causing problems in a group that they don't even know about. Simply because they feel they need to defend their cars.
Jovver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:20 AM   #6810
schreindogg
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 89330
Join Date: Jun 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Vermilion, OH
Vehicle:
05 Sti
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly View Post
Right, I posted up that long defense about the CAR because I am rallying for some guy I don't even know and not the CAR itself.

LOL! Your response and refusal to answer my simple questions has given me, and anyone else that isn't a complete idiot, the answers we need.
As you can see this is not at all about the car. The reason why he is gone is none of your business and these posts should all be deleted.
schreindogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:25 AM   #6811
Nelly
Top Scoob 017
 
Member#: 58321
Join Date: Mar 2004
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Aurora. IL
Vehicle:
2006 9-2x Aero
1 of 235!

Default

Does anyone in your area that owns a 9-2x (other then the person this was originally about) have the opportunity to meet up and hang with you guys?
Nelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:27 AM   #6812
Jovver
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 107076
Join Date: Feb 2006
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Richfield, Ohio
Vehicle:
'06 WRX STi (WRB)
'06 Outback LTD (WGO/MGM)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly View Post
Does anyone in your area that owns a 9-2x (other then the person this was originally about) have the opportunity to meet up and hang with you guys?
Yes, and they have before. Several times.
Jovver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:32 AM   #6813
ROCK WHITE
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 274453
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: ohio
Vehicle:
05 sti
cgm

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb0119 View Post
whats with all the out of towner 92x owners in this thread?
Hmmm I wonder
ROCK WHITE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:37 AM   #6814
Nelly
Top Scoob 017
 
Member#: 58321
Join Date: Mar 2004
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Aurora. IL
Vehicle:
2006 9-2x Aero
1 of 235!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovver View Post
Yes, and they have before. Several times.
Awesome! That is good to actually read, vs speculate. Being an outsider from another state I would view this situation just as any other newbie to your area would. I just wanted clarity for any newbie 9-2xers out there. Carry on good sirs.
Nelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:06 PM   #6815
92xScott
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 315054
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Medina, OH
Vehicle:
2005 Saab 92x Aero
Obsidian Pearl Black

Default

Ok that's it, I've had enough of this jovver. I brought this public cuzz it was the only way to get a responce. You guys all delete me from your friends list which is fine. Then you cut down on me calling my car slow. Then you boot me from the group that I even tryed to recruit for after seeing me get kicked. So I started asking around to see why I was kicked and maybe that came across as drama, but that is not how it was intended. But the result was I was being ignored by you guys who run the club. So made multiple apologies for what ever I did only to be ignored more. All I wanted to do is get to the bottom of the issues you all had with me. If you kicked me fuzz of the car then I probably would have accepted it and move on. But you ignored all of my questions even as simple as this silencer in the end of this exhaust. If it was the fuel leak thread, I was flustered and didn't know what to do. As for the rest of this so-called drama that you say I caused like I said I apologized and was ignored. A real man will talk over problems to work through the issues. A coward hides and ignores the issues at hand. Should have just told me what the issue was to begin with instead of ignoring me and hoping I would go away.

To the 92x people thanks for defending the car, and me for that matter. That means a lot to me.

As for NEOSOC, good luck with your club. May it grow and flourish.
92xScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:25 PM   #6816
GromsKillA
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 292760
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Ohio
Vehicle:
2005 CGM STi
'02 Impreza OBS

Default

Lets all just move on. This thread is dead.
GromsKillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:33 PM   #6817
Speakerpatrol
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 99569
Join Date: Oct 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Parma Ohio
Vehicle:
2006 VF39 WRX TR
OBP

Default

Speakerpatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:35 PM   #6818
Jovver
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 107076
Join Date: Feb 2006
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Richfield, Ohio
Vehicle:
'06 WRX STi (WRB)
'06 Outback LTD (WGO/MGM)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92xScott View Post
Ok that's it, I've had enough of this jovver. I brought this public cuzz it was the only way to get a responce.
I'm sick of it too. Now you have your response.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 92xScott View Post
You guys all delete me from your friends list which is fine.
I removed you because I no longer wish to deal with you, I can choose who my friends are. Same reason I ignored all your questions and pleas. Others decided to do the same.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 92xScott View Post
Then you cut down on me calling my car slow.
These words were said only by you. No one called you out because your car is slow. There are many other cars that are much slower and they are all welcome and we get along just fine.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 92xScott View Post
If you kicked me fuzz of the car then I probably would have accepted it and move on. So I started asking around to see why I was kicked and maybe that came across as drama, but that is not how it was intended.
We did tell you that was the reason and you didn't move on.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 92xScott View Post
A coward hides and ignores the issues at hand.
Similar to how a coward deletes his posts once confrontation arises.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 92xScott View Post
So made multiple apologies for what ever I did only to be ignored more.
Too little, too late.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 92xScott View Post
As for NEOSOC, good luck with your club. May it grow and flourish.
Thank you, and it will.

Last edited by Jovver; 02-26-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Jovver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:40 PM   #6819
92xScott
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 315054
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Medina, OH
Vehicle:
2005 Saab 92x Aero
Obsidian Pearl Black

Default

I deleted my posts cuzz I was told to drop it. And I tryed to but it all bothered me.
92xScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:44 PM   #6820
GromsKillA
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 292760
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Ohio
Vehicle:
2005 CGM STi
'02 Impreza OBS

Default

The horse. Stop beating it. Dead.
GromsKillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:03 PM   #6821
SoutFL_9-2x
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 105424
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Miami
Vehicle:
'13 Forester 2.5X
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xthirteen37 View Post
If you have a 240sx with an LS1 swap, do you go to 240sx meets or Corvette meets?
GM's 20% ownership in Subaru at the time would make the Saab/Subaru relationship possible. I'd say the analogy of a Camaro visiting a Firebird meet would be more in line with the logic, given that the F-body twins share chasis, drivetrain and engine and are unique from each other in interior/exterior cladding. This was such for the Impreza/9-2x. They were built in the same factory, shared chasis, drivetrain and engine and were only differentiated by body cladding, suspension settings and steering rack (the Saab got an STi steering rack). The 9-2x was not merely an engine swap done by an individual (as likened by the 240sx/LS1 analogy).
SoutFL_9-2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:09 PM   #6822
Speakerpatrol
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 99569
Join Date: Oct 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Parma Ohio
Vehicle:
2006 VF39 WRX TR
OBP

Default

Cool story, please tell it again.....
Speakerpatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:27 PM   #6823
Smooth_Puddin
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 280392
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Whore Island
Vehicle:
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
6 Speed

Default

I've met a few of the guys in the area. Never had a single problem ever stopping by just to shoot the ****. I love my wagon, that's all that matters. If you are a true car enthusiast , it shouldn't matter what you have, you will be accepted as the person you are first anyways.
Smooth_Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:45 PM   #6824
ajack8000
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 293623
Join Date: Sep 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: OHIO
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza Wrx
Aspen White

Default

Anyone planning on going to WBM?
ajack8000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:02 AM   #6825
Rampager2000
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 318350
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Lufkin, TX
Vehicle:
2005 Saab 92x
Black

Default

So if it wasn't about the car, then why the hell was it said that, in addition to the FRS' who were booted, his Saab was as well? (Give or take some wording)

This really sounds like a bunch of high school cheerleaders controlling that mediocre girl who wants in. I run a car club here in my small ass town in East Texas. I let anyone in who enjoys being around cars. There are a few people who don't get along. Hell, there's even a few I don't like very much. But for the sake of the car scene here, I get the **** over it and act like a mature adult around them. Too many people on this site seem to forget that...

inb4dropitandmoveon
Rampager2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Calling All Cleveland Area Scooby owners!!! nick32 Mid West Subaru Owners Club Forum -- MWSOC 21 04-03-2008 05:55 AM
Cleveland Ohio I-Club jayfressh Mid West Subaru Owners Club Forum -- MWSOC 9 04-02-2002 07:44 PM
Vin #11 1998 SOA 2.5L RS at Cleveland Ohio AutoRama!!!! black99gt Member's Car Gallery 4 01-21-2002 11:31 PM
Need WRX-help in Cleveland, Ohio... Shaka Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.0L Turbo) 3 11-12-2001 11:05 AM
('93-'01) Cleveland, Ohio - A day at the drag strip event! Shaka Impreza Forum 9 10-04-2001 12:58 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.