Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday August 23, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > News & Rumors > Non-Subaru News & Rumors

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2008, 01:50 PM   #1
AVANTI R5
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 73805
Join Date: Nov 2004
Default Report: GM in talks to sell truck business to Isuzu

Quote:
TOKYO, Sept 19 (Reuters) -- General Motors is in talks to sell its truck operations to Japan's No.2 truck maker, Isuzu Motors, for several tens of billion in yen, a paper reported, but the Japanese firm said it had received no such offer.


GM was expected to sell its midsize-truck operations, which constituted most of its truck business, while outlooks are still unclear whether it would sell all related facilities, or retain a Michigan plant, the Nikkei business daily reported on Friday.


Isuzu shares jumped 10.5 percent to 336 yen.
However a spokeswoman for Isuzu, a former GM affiliate, rejected the report in the Nikkei, which said Isuzu has told the troubled U.S. auto giant that it would consider an offer positively.


"GM has not contacted us with such a deal. We will begin studying it once we receive it," Isuzu's Yukiko Okazaki said.
GM and Isuzu will likely reach a deal by the end of the year, the Nikkei said.


Isuzu might also raise its stake in DMAX, a diesel-engine joint venture in Ohio, from a current 40 percent, the paper said. GM holds the remaining 60 percent.


However the Isuzu spokeswoman denied the two auto firms were considering altering the ownership of DMAX.


A downturn in U.S. auto sales has hit GM hard. Sales through July were down almost 18 percent and the automaker has faced pressure to cut costs.
http://www.autonews.com/article/2008...maildailyANE04
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
AVANTI R5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Report: GM to sell Opel stake to RHJ, not Magna AVANTI R5 Non-Subaru News & Rumors 0 06-30-2009 02:25 PM
Ford confirms it is in talks with “quality” potential buyers to sell Volvo AVANTI R5 Non-Subaru News & Rumors 0 03-25-2009 02:36 PM
GM sells medium-duty truck business to Navistar AVANTI R5 Non-Subaru News & Rumors 2 12-20-2007 03:23 PM
Report: GM in talks to buy Chrysler NYCshopper Non-Subaru News & Rumors 48 03-09-2007 07:59 AM
Which vendor do you refuse to give your business to? Jake Steed Vendor Reviews 97 05-15-2003 06:29 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.