Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday July 10, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Dealership Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 01-24-2012, 04:21 PM   #1
Lanes007
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 301265
Vehicle:
2012 WRX 5-door
OBP

Default Romano Subaru, Syracuse NY

I usually don't give dealers a "congrats" for doing their job by making money on people, but Romano Subaru was great. They let me talk to mechanics for advice and the salesman didn't try and tell me what I needed. Ulag was his name and he listened to my demands on price, trade in value, etc. He made the deal work and found me the car I wanted in 15 minutes!!! I got a great car, 2012 WRX, with add-ons, for dirt cheap! More than I can say for Goldstien Subaru here in Albany, NY. They were useless....after two weeks, they still couldn't track down the car I wanted... Did I mention the car I bought was delivered from Troy, NY....15 minutes from Albany??? I definitely recommend going to Romano if you live in NY.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Lanes007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:43 PM   #2
TomJr85
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 300497
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Hatchback
Black

Angry Romano Subaru... 2 Thumbs down!

I purchased a brand new 2011 WRX from Romano Subaru in October from Ulas, the service through Ulas was excellent but I cannot say the same for the rest of the dealership. It took me about 7 days to work my deal with Romano, the day I showed up to pick up the car the Sales Manager Borzu presented me with a different deal then we had agreed upon verbally. Needless to say we came to a "compromise" and I ended up purchasing the vehicle from them (reluctantly).
I immediatly had headlight and tailight issues and brought the vehicle back to them for warranty work, the service manager implied that it may not be Subaru's problem and sent me on my way with no service work done and waiting to hear back on whether or not it would be warrantied. I ended up having to go directly to Subaru to plead my case and eventually had the headlights warrantied (twice). I am still having head light issues and have had my vehicle in Service on 5 different occasions for the same issue. I have an appointment with Bill Rapp Subaru to see if I can finally have the issue resolved. As soon as my free service credits gone at Romano I will no longer have any dealing with them.
A co worker of mine and also a good friend of mine both said that they had the same experience with Romano and walked away feeling like second class citizens after their purchase. I would not recommend this dealership to anyone.
TomJr85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 03:28 PM   #3
LitRex315
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)

Member#: 275563
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2011 WRX 5-Door
Satin White Pearl

I went there too look for a 11 and the "salesman" seemed to careless about showing me a vehical. I'm 24,so he probly thought I was stroking him,needless to say they acted like a bunch of jerkoffs and i took my bussiness eleswhere. I ended up going to dons Ford subaru and had a very good experience from start to finish. Only thing that pissed me off was dealing with the general insurence company..its almost like there out of India the way they act.
LitRex315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:02 AM   #4
sparky840
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)

Member#: 344185
Vehicle:
2013 WRX STI Sedan
WRB

Default romano subaru is a joke

hi everyone i'm new to this forum. was searching around and found this thread and i completely agree. I'm starting to look into purchasing a new sti. i called ahead to see if they had a car on the lot and they did. first person i met was the gm birzu indian assh*le. he walked me away from the car said noone was around to answer any questions i had , but he would take down my number and call back. i have not heard back ....now a month later and i will NOT go back to this dealership. i did go to bill rapp. and what a different environment. i walked in and met a nice salesman we talked for about a half-hour and handed me the key we went for a ride ,talked numbers and i left. NO pressure what so ever to buy this day. very friendly and i will be back soon to order.
sparky840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:21 AM   #5
flk
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (3)

Member#: 280838
Vehicle:
MY12 WRX DGM
EFI Stg2+

I purchased my car from Bill Rapp, they found my car in 1/2 day and had it delivered in 2 directly from the port. Frank is who i dealt with - very accommodating, picked me up from work 2 times.
flk is offline   Reply With Quote