Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday December 22, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Subaru Conversions

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 10-02-2008, 03:49 AM   #1
ajohnson360
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 169086
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX
Maroon

Default 02 WRX engine swap to...

Would this engine "easily" swap into my 02? If not (or even if so) what engines should I look for to make a relatively easy conversion? What else do I need to replace? Tranny?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...TQ:MOTORS:1123
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by ajohnson360; 10-02-2008 at 03:49 AM. Reason: omitted important info.
ajohnson360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:41 AM   #2
Mindravel
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 189540
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
Dark Blue

That engine will work but you will need the TMIC, ECU, engine harness, dash harness, the hvac controls and boxes under the dash(blower box etc...), and would most likely want to get the Instrument cluster. Plus anything the engine is missing.

Unless you want to just use your ECU and wiring, then all you need is a cam angle sensor from Gruppie-s. The AVCS will not work if you do it that way. And you will have to get a tune before you drive your car.

There are a couple of good threads if you read through them and they will tell you everything you will need and all the differences between the years. If I was you I would look into those threads and see which route you want to go.

Chris
Mindravel is offline   Reply With Quote