Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday July 28, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2009, 09:35 AM   #276
Magic Marker
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 181568
Join Date: Jun 2008
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Northern New Jersey
Vehicle:
2011 3.6R Legacy LTD
Steel Silver Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric91Z View Post
OK, so I hadn't read about this before and of course didn't read all of the owner's manual, but noticed something cool on the car today. It was raining pretty good (again). So, had the front wipers on and the rear on intermittent.

Well, I put the car in reverse and noticed the rear wiper was on all the way, not intermittent. Took it out of reverse and noticed it stopped again. Made sure it was in the intermittent setting (for the rear one) and put in reverse again to check. And sure enough it goes "On" until you take it out of reverse.

Yes, something little, but just one more reason I am glad I bought this car!
Yup, when you shift to reverse and the rear wiper is in intermittent, it goes full on while in reverse. Kinda of a cool feature.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Magic Marker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 06:11 PM   #277
Eric91Z
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 216858
Join Date: Jul 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Central Iowa
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza OBSlow
Steel Silver/Spark Silver

Default

Well, I have had the car for a week now and love it. It is everything I wanted. It has been raining most of the last week, but finally nice today so got her cleaned up and got some pictures taken. Couple things from the first wash:

- already have a couple of rock chips on the front. Was really hoping to avoid that for another week since the clear bra is going on then. And one on the lower door - Rally Armours are being ordered!

- Found that both of the rear wheels have scuffs on them from something. Will be talking with the dealership to see about getting that taken car of

- Found some light scratches by the passenger front wheel well. Can't think of anything in the last week that would have caused that and it is never parked near other cars. Thought of talking with the dealership, but can probably just buff them out myself.

Anyway, here are some pictures I took today:







Sport Grill was not ordered originally, but has been and should be put on next week:



Yes, wanted the STi pedals. Look cool (to me) and feel good under the foot:



Subaru Short shifter finally came in and will be installed next week with the other parts. Hoping it compliments the Momo shift knob nicely:






Yup, bought 2 of the Yakima ForkLift racks and they mounted nicely to the top although the little tabs that hand down under the front cross bar got in the way a little bit, but nothing that seems to be an issue at this time.
Eric91Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:09 PM   #278
e-man.outbacksport.
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 221225
Join Date: Aug 2009
Vehicle:
2008 outback sport
silver

Default 08 OBS with wheels and modified exhaust

here is my 2008 OBS, with 17" enkei rims and a aftermarket muffler and chrome exhaust tip. It also had the sport mesh grill and mini subwoofer under drivers seat when i bought it from dealership.

e-man.outbacksport. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:20 PM   #279
e-man.outbacksport.
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 221225
Join Date: Aug 2009
Vehicle:
2008 outback sport
silver

Default wrx/sti spoiler?

also, does anyone know if you can put the bigger spoiler seen on wrx and sti on the 08 OBS


thanks
e-man.outbacksport. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:48 PM   #280
Ogden
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 1748
Join Date: Jun 2000
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Boston, MA, USA
Vehicle:
'09 Outback Sport
OBP over DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-man.outbacksport. View Post
also, does anyone know if you can put the bigger spoiler seen on wrx and sti on the 08 OBS


thanks
Yes you can. They are tough to find used though. There aren't a lot of aftermarket spoilers out there, and there is no incentive to go "spoiler-less".

Plus the 08 WRXs didn't come with the big spoiler, so they are also on the prowl and competing for any that do show up in the marketplace. You might find a cheap eBay one though, or go carbon fiber for the big bucks.
Ogden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:54 PM   #281
e-man.outbacksport.
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 221225
Join Date: Aug 2009
Vehicle:
2008 outback sport
silver

Default

ok thanks alot
e-man.outbacksport. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:32 AM   #282
Magic Marker
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 181568
Join Date: Jun 2008
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Northern New Jersey
Vehicle:
2011 3.6R Legacy LTD
Steel Silver Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogden View Post
Yes you can. They are tough to find used though. There aren't a lot of aftermarket spoilers out there, and there is no incentive to go "spoiler-less".

Plus the 08 WRXs didn't come with the big spoiler, so they are also on the prowl and competing for any that do show up in the marketplace. You might find a cheap eBay one though, or go carbon fiber for the big bucks.
Yeah, I'm keeping my eye out for one. No rush, but I would like to have one.
Magic Marker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:34 AM   #283
Magic Marker
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 181568
Join Date: Jun 2008
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Northern New Jersey
Vehicle:
2011 3.6R Legacy LTD
Steel Silver Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric91Z View Post
Well, I have had the car for a week now and love it. It is everything I wanted. It has been raining most of the last week, but finally nice today so got her cleaned up and got some pictures taken. Couple things from the first wash:

- already have a couple of rock chips on the front. Was really hoping to avoid that for another week since the clear bra is going on then. And one on the lower door - Rally Armours are being ordered!

- Found that both of the rear wheels have scuffs on them from something. Will be talking with the dealership to see about getting that taken car of

- Found some light scratches by the passenger front wheel well. Can't think of anything in the last week that would have caused that and it is never parked near other cars. Thought of talking with the dealership, but can probably just buff them out myself.

Anyway, here are some pictures I took today:







Sport Grill was not ordered originally, but has been and should be put on next week:



Yes, wanted the STi pedals. Look cool (to me) and feel good under the foot:



Subaru Short shifter finally came in and will be installed next week with the other parts. Hoping it compliments the Momo shift knob nicely:






Yup, bought 2 of the Yakima ForkLift racks and they mounted nicely to the top although the little tabs that hand down under the front cross bar got in the way a little bit, but nothing that seems to be an issue at this time.
Looks great. I had my clear bra also installed a week after delivery, but I hardly drove the car anywhere before that. Just local roads for short trips.

Also, the UR RA's work wonders. I've had them on for about a year now and they still look great, as flexible as day one and you should see the muck they keep off the car especially in the winter.

Magic Marker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:54 PM   #284
e-man.outbacksport.
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 221225
Join Date: Aug 2009
Vehicle:
2008 outback sport
silver

Default

does anyone know if a catback would change the sound of the car enough for it to be worth it? i really want a louder sound then what my muffler is putting out

also i heard that in addition to the aftermarket muffler i installed, if you take out the resonator, it improves the sound alot.
input??
e-man.outbacksport. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:57 PM   #285
ed10
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 198026
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Asheville/Fletcher, NC
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX
Nulla Tenaci Invia EstVia

Default

speaking of outbacks has anyone seen the new 2010 outback...man they are nice!! saw one around while driving the other day.
ed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:01 PM   #286
Ogden
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 1748
Join Date: Jun 2000
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Boston, MA, USA
Vehicle:
'09 Outback Sport
OBP over DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-man.outbacksport. View Post
does anyone know if a catback would change the sound of the car enough for it to be worth it? i really want a louder sound then what my muffler is putting out
ANY catback? Sure. Howevr, the WRX OEM cat-back will not give you a lot more sound if that is what you are going for.

Quote:
also i heard that in addition to the aftermarket muffler i installed, if you take out the resonator, it improves the sound alot.
input??
"Improves" has many different meanings to different people. It will certainly be louder, but I've heard that it drones at speed.
Ogden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:07 PM   #287
yosuplee
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 202806
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NoVA
Vehicle:
2009 subaru OBS
black

Default

love my 09 OBS black on grey. but im looking to drop it alittle bit... any recommendations on springs? im also looking for front/rear sway (only rallitek makes both i think). any and all recommendation would be much appreciated.

yo
yosuplee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:11 PM   #288
Ogden
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 1748
Join Date: Jun 2000
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Boston, MA, USA
Vehicle:
'09 Outback Sport
OBP over DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosuplee View Post
love my 09 OBS black on grey. but im looking to drop it alittle bit... any recommendations on springs? im also looking for front/rear sway (only rallitek makes both i think). any and all recommendation would be much appreciated.

yo
Unless they've finally come through on the promise, they do not make a set ofr the NA hatch. They do make a set for the NA sedan though. Any rear bar will fit, so start there.
Ogden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:27 PM   #289
Magic Marker
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 181568
Join Date: Jun 2008
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Northern New Jersey
Vehicle:
2011 3.6R Legacy LTD
Steel Silver Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosuplee View Post
love my 09 OBS black on grey. but im looking to drop it alittle bit... any recommendations on springs? im also looking for front/rear sway (only rallitek makes both i think). any and all recommendation would be much appreciated.

yo
Got mine sitting on STi Pinks.
Magic Marker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:26 AM   #290
nobletea
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 169623
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: MidAtlantic
Vehicle:
2008 2.5i 5d 100k+
Dark Grey Metallic

Default

sorry, not directly related to OBS, but it looks like the 2010 Impreza's will have the USB capability with the 'media hub' option, similar to the legacy and outback. i guess forester is next.

www.subaru.com/mediahub

that's cool.
nobletea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:09 PM   #291
aweissenborn
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 219181
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Maryland
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza OBS
Newport blue/Steel metall

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Marker View Post
Looks great. I had my clear bra also installed a week after delivery, but I hardly drove the car anywhere before that. Just local roads for short trips.

Also, the UR RA's work wonders. I've had them on for about a year now and they still look great, as flexible as day one and you should see the muck they keep off the car especially in the winter.

do you have any other shots of your car with the RA's? I have been thinking about getting some myself.
aweissenborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:56 AM   #292
doobie scoobie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 221848
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Seattle, WA/ N.Van, BC
Vehicle:
2009 outback sport
black

Default New to Scoobie's

Hey all, so i'm new to soobie's. I picked up my 09 OBS about 3 months ago. Before the OBS I was driving a 07 rabbit which in the winter got totalled, a lady hit me head on while I was stopped and she was going 40. Since picking up the OBS I am absolutely in love, worlds over the rabbit.

Any ways do you guys have any upgrade sugestions? I like to drive with spirit, I race mountain bikes in the summer so going fast is in my blood.

Also I've been trying to do heal to toe downshifts and it's kinda hard to do with the brake arm in the position it is now. Are there any pedal kits out there that can help that out (STI)? Or am I going to have to bend the brake arm?

It was pretty nice today so I cleaned up the car and took some pictures.

Enjoy-


doobie scoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:33 AM   #293
Magic Marker
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 181568
Join Date: Jun 2008
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Northern New Jersey
Vehicle:
2011 3.6R Legacy LTD
Steel Silver Metallic

Default

Quote:
do you have any other shots of your car with the RA's? I have been thinking about getting some myself.
Here you go.





Magic Marker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:02 PM   #294
Ogden
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 1748
Join Date: Jun 2000
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Boston, MA, USA
Vehicle:
'09 Outback Sport
OBP over DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doobie scoobie View Post
Any ways do you guys have any upgrade sugestions? I like to drive with spirit, I race mountain bikes in the summer so going fast is in my blood.
Three words: Rear Sway Bar

Do it as your first mod, you will not be sorry.

After that, I would go with a short shift kit if you have a 5-speed.
Ogden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:41 PM   #295
Eric91Z
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 216858
Join Date: Jul 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Central Iowa
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza OBSlow
Steel Silver/Spark Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogden View Post
Three words: Rear Sway Bar

Do it as your first mod, you will not be sorry.

After that, I would go with a short shift kit if you have a 5-speed.
Rear sway bar is on my short list for this car.

As for the shifter. I had the Subaru short shifter as part of my new car deal. Well, it finally came off back order and was installed at the dealership yesterday. I concur with the sentiment above: GET IT! No more vagueness, no more slopiness, and very short, positive throws. I love it. Makes the car feel much sportier!

Now, time to find a WRX rear sway bar and mounting hardware...

Oh, and the Rally Armors are going on today!
Eric91Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:30 PM   #296
doobie scoobie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 221848
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Seattle, WA/ N.Van, BC
Vehicle:
2009 outback sport
black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogden View Post
Three words: Rear Sway Bar

Do it as your first mod, you will not be sorry.

After that, I would go with a short shift kit if you have a 5-speed.
Alright, I'll look into that. Will any of the non spt/ soobie rear sway bars void the frame warranty? I do drive the 5- speed so I'll be looking into the short throw for sure.

Any exhaust suggestions?
doobie scoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:36 PM   #297
Ogden
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 1748
Join Date: Jun 2000
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Boston, MA, USA
Vehicle:
'09 Outback Sport
OBP over DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doobie scoobie View Post
Alright, I'll look into that. Will any of the non spt/ soobie rear sway bars void the frame warranty?
I doubt it. They would have to prove that your sway bar caused whatever failure you were trygint o fix under warranty.

Quote:
Any exhaust suggestions?
There's not a ton you can do for exhaust to the NA cars, unless you want to go full header-back. Anything above 2.5 inches and you will start to cost yourself power on the low end. I just went with an OEM WRX exhaust that someone was ditching for cheap. Your 2.5 will never be a speed demon without a ton of money poured into engine internals, so you're better off spending the cash on the suspension, where you can make a real difference.
Ogden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 02:23 PM   #298
lowend5
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 218832
Join Date: Jul 2009
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Maryland
Vehicle:
2009 OBS
Silver

Smile RalliTek Sway Bar Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogden View Post
Unless they've finally come through on the promise, they do not make a set ofr the NA hatch. They do make a set for the NA sedan though. Any rear bar will fit, so start there.

I am getting a set for my sport, according to an email reply from Rallitek last week "You can order part number 40-1023 and RTK-HDELF. That is the upgraded bar kit that includes the HD rear links and the RTK-HDELF are the front links." - Ron Wyman - Customer Service Representative



I'm getting a bit excited here!


E
lowend5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 03:51 PM   #299
yosuplee
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 202806
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NoVA
Vehicle:
2009 subaru OBS
black

Default

just ordered 19mm rear sway, front strut, and HnR springs all from Perrin- they got a 18% off sale right now! ill post pix after install- the drop is 1.4 in front, and 1.3 in rear.

yo
yosuplee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 04:19 PM   #300
Magic Marker
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 181568
Join Date: Jun 2008
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Northern New Jersey
Vehicle:
2011 3.6R Legacy LTD
Steel Silver Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosuplee View Post
just ordered 19mm rear sway, front strut, and HnR springs all from Perrin- they got a 18% off sale right now! ill post pix after install- the drop is 1.4 in front, and 1.3 in rear.

yo
Be sure to take before and after pics.
Magic Marker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2009 Impreza Outback Sport rear bumper step pad? 2009OutbackSport Newbies & FAQs 16 07-12-2011 08:58 AM
FS NH: 2009 Impreza Outback Sport OEM seat covers Bu11dogg2 Interior/Dressup/Audio & Security 30 07-10-2011 01:28 AM
WTB : GC8, outback sport, 2.5rs HOOD AMEEN STI NWIC Private Classifieds 8 06-25-2010 11:49 AM
New 2009 Impreza Outback Sport 2009OutbackSport Newbies & FAQs 7 08-11-2009 09:24 AM
What's a good deal on a 2009 Outback Sport zergling General Community 4 03-31-2009 01:33 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.