Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday August 30, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2010, 10:59 AM   #626
nobletea
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 169623
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: MidAtlantic
Vehicle:
2008 2.5i 5d 100k+
Dark Grey Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogden View Post
Meet Abigail, born 7.15.10.
Just had Wesley, born 7/17/10. Haven't got him in my car yet since mom is home from work, so he rolls in the Forester for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclypse View Post
Nothing fancy here. Just vinyl overlays from bluebatmobile.net. Only other planned mod is to put some tints on her.
Post a follow up in a while and let us know how they hold up.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
nobletea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:10 PM   #627
Ogden
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 1748
Join Date: Jun 2000
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Boston, MA, USA
Vehicle:
'09 Outback Sport
OBP over DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobletea View Post
Just had Wesley, born 7/17/10. Haven't got him in my car yet since mom is home from work, so he rolls in the Forester for now.
Congratulations!
Ogden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 02:25 PM   #628
nobletea
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 169623
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: MidAtlantic
Vehicle:
2008 2.5i 5d 100k+
Dark Grey Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogden View Post
Congratulations!
Thanks, we love the Forester.
nobletea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 03:39 PM   #629
BrownyHound
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 250295
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Long Island, NY
Vehicle:
2010 Outback Sport
Black

Default

https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/p...oducts_id=1690

Was wondering if this STI rear sway bar would fit on my '10 OBS. I know everyone uses the WRX one, but is the STI setup different? Because...well, it's cheaper.
BrownyHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 04:34 PM   #630
Shrimpanzee
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 254187
Join Date: Aug 2010
Vehicle:
2011 Outback Sport

Default

I'm about to be a proud owner of a 2011 OBS. I'll be sure to post pictures!

From what I understand, it will have a body colored rear gate trim, as opposed chrome. It will also have a different (hopefully better?) stereo system. Everything I've read describes the factory sound system in these things as horrible.

Example: http://blogs.edmunds.com/karl/2010/0...o-upgrade.html

My previous car is a BMW 330Ci, which I'm having to ditch because I'm moving to Colorado. I have low expectations, to be honest. I don't want to be disappointed, but I know I'll appreciate the AWD.

Last edited by Shrimpanzee; 08-07-2010 at 04:40 PM.
Shrimpanzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 04:49 PM   #631
BrownyHound
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 250295
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Long Island, NY
Vehicle:
2010 Outback Sport
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimpanzee View Post
I'm about to be a proud owner of a 2011 OBS. I'll be sure to post pictures!

From what I understand, it will have a body colored rear gate trim, as opposed chrome. It will also have a different (hopefully better?) stereo system. Everything I've read describes the factory sound system in these things as horrible.

Example: http://blogs.edmunds.com/karl/2010/0...o-upgrade.html

My previous car is a BMW 330Ci, which I'm having to ditch because I'm moving to Colorado. I have low expectations, to be honest. I don't want to be disappointed, but I know I'll appreciate the AWD.
Personally, performance is a much higher priority for me than interior trim/options/comfort/stereo. But man, i have to admit...the stock stereo system in my '10 OBS is garbage. But i can't bring myself to spend money on an aftermarket system when i could spend that money on performance upgrades.

The body colored rear hatch trim is a nice touch though.
BrownyHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 05:18 PM   #632
Eric91Z
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 216858
Join Date: Jul 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Central Iowa
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza OBSlow
Steel Silver/Spark Silver

Default

I actually find that the radio's performance sucks when you are on a radio station. I have the factory underseat sub with the OBS stereo and it is not half bad when I play music through the iPod connection, but it is just complete junk on radio. Signal/output is crappy, muddy, etc. So pretty much just listen to the iPod in the car...
Eric91Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 02:26 AM   #633
cranker87
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 216363
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Vehicle:
2008 OBS
Newport Blue

Default

In case you haven't run across this site, this guy shows pix and gives details of the changes for the OBS, and all other imprezas.http://www.cars101.com/subaru/imprez...tml#ob%20sport

Notably they are changing the blue a shade darker and apparently making 2 of the colors monochrome on the OBS.
cranker87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 08:41 AM   #634
Magic Marker
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 181568
Join Date: Jun 2008
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Northern New Jersey
Vehicle:
2011 3.6R Legacy LTD
Steel Silver Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownyHound View Post
https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/p...oducts_id=1690

Was wondering if this STI rear sway bar would fit on my '10 OBS. I know everyone uses the WRX one, but is the STI setup different? Because...well, it's cheaper.
It fits b/c I have it on mine. Don't forget you'll need end links and all the other parts to install the RSB.
Magic Marker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 01:51 PM   #635
Tarkus697
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 243535
Join Date: Apr 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Northern NJ
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza OBS
Steel Silver Metallic

Default

Had my WRX RSB put on yesterday and DAMN does it make a difference. Much tighter in the curves and makes the car that much more fun to drive.

I've owned my '10 OBS since May 8th and it's getting a hell of a break-in. So far it's road tripped to Vermont, in 2 weeks I'm road tripping to Baltimore with my dad and brother to catch an Orioles/Rangers game, and then in September, I'm driving her out to Cincinnati for the big Oktoberfest out there as well as a Reds game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Marker View Post
It fits b/c I have it on mine. Don't forget you'll need end links and all the other parts to install the RSB.
Tarkus697 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 03:21 PM   #636
BrownyHound
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 250295
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Long Island, NY
Vehicle:
2010 Outback Sport
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranker87 View Post
In case you haven't run across this site, this guy shows pix and gives details of the changes for the OBS, and all other imprezas.http://www.cars101.com/subaru/imprez...tml#ob%20sport

Notably they are changing the blue a shade darker and apparently making 2 of the colors monochrome on the OBS.

The new stereo w/ bluetooth is clutch. So is the moonroof option. And the monochrome colors are cool too. Wishing i had waited 2 more months. Oh well.
BrownyHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 03:28 PM   #637
BrownyHound
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 250295
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Long Island, NY
Vehicle:
2010 Outback Sport
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Marker View Post
It fits b/c I have it on mine. Don't forget you'll need end links and all the other parts to install the RSB.
What else would i need besides endlinks? Does it make a difference what endlinks i use?
BrownyHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:02 PM   #638
nobletea
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 169623
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: MidAtlantic
Vehicle:
2008 2.5i 5d 100k+
Dark Grey Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric91Z View Post
I actually find that the radio's performance sucks when you are on a radio station. I have the factory underseat sub with the OBS stereo and it is not half bad when I play music through the iPod connection, but it is just complete junk on radio. Signal/output is crappy, muddy, etc. So pretty much just listen to the iPod in the car...
No sub, same experience. FM suck. MP3 player decent.
nobletea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:25 PM   #639
lowend5
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 218832
Join Date: Jul 2009
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Maryland
Vehicle:
2009 OBS
Silver

Default OBS Sway Bar Inquiry

Moved to a new thread. please respond there. Thx.

E

Last edited by lowend5; 08-10-2010 at 04:45 PM. Reason: moved to new thread
lowend5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:50 PM   #640
cranker87
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 216363
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Vehicle:
2008 OBS
Newport Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownyHound View Post
The new stereo w/ bluetooth is clutch. So is the moonroof option. And the monochrome colors are cool too. Wishing i had waited 2 more months. Oh well.
I've always liked the two-tone OBS because it set them apart from the standard imprezas on the street. I also like the 6 disk cd player in my 2008. I use it all the time.
cranker87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:41 AM   #641
Magic Marker
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 181568
Join Date: Jun 2008
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Northern New Jersey
Vehicle:
2011 3.6R Legacy LTD
Steel Silver Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranker87 View Post
I've always liked the two-tone OBS because it set them apart from the standard imprezas on the street. I also like the 6 disk cd player in my 2008. I use it all the time.
I never use the 6 CD changer in my OBS. Usually running Pandora on my iPhone or podcasts.
Magic Marker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 02:22 PM   #642
Tarkus697
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 243535
Join Date: Apr 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Northern NJ
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza OBS
Steel Silver Metallic

Default

Here's something interesting. Was helping a client of mine in Canada spec out an Impreza (sent her a pic of my OBS and she loved it). On the Canadian Subaru site, there are a LOT of other Impreza packages available to them, including leather seats (but no OBS), but still...why do auto manufacturers make different vehicle options available in different parts of the same geographic region?

Never understood that.

http://subaru.ca/WebPage.aspx?WebPag...&WebSiteID=282
Tarkus697 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:34 PM   #643
09_'preza_OBS
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 220049
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Dallas
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza OBS
Obsidian black/dark grey

Default

I hate the way that bluetooth clutters the steering wheel, I've always been fine with my OEM stereo. Maybe my dealer will do a trade to get the stupid chrome trim off the back. However this I doubt
09_'preza_OBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 02:18 AM   #644
cranker87
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 216363
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Vehicle:
2008 OBS
Newport Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarkus697 View Post
Here's something interesting. Was helping a client of mine in Canada spec out an Impreza (sent her a pic of my OBS and she loved it). On the Canadian Subaru site, there are a LOT of other Impreza packages available to them, including leather seats (but no OBS), but still...why do auto manufacturers make different vehicle options available in different parts of the same geographic region?

Never understood that.

http://subaru.ca/WebPage.aspx?WebPag...&WebSiteID=282

Wow, that is weird that there is no OBS offered there. It keeps the number of color options limited to the same set. Perhaps the Canadian car regulations only make it profitable to focus on the 2.5i and offer options and upgrades off that set up? Just a guess.
cranker87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 02:25 AM   #645
cranker87
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 216363
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Vehicle:
2008 OBS
Newport Blue

Default

The Impreza UK options are also quite different, including a diesel with hood scoop. No OBS there either.

http://subaru.co.uk/vehicles/impreza/
cranker87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:20 AM   #646
Ogden
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 1748
Join Date: Jun 2000
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Boston, MA, USA
Vehicle:
'09 Outback Sport
OBP over DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranker87 View Post
Wow, that is weird that there is no OBS offered there. It keeps the number of color options limited to the same set. Perhaps the Canadian car regulations only make it profitable to focus on the 2.5i and offer options and upgrades off that set up? Just a guess.
Now, I love my OBS, but the Outback Sport is really also just a option package fo the usual 2.5i Impreza. The only thing unique about it is the wheels and the 2-tone paint. You could create and Outback Sport just by picking the options and accessories individually...except wheels and paint. You could just get the 17-inch wheels the offer (same as US spec WRX)

I like the "Sport" and "Limted" packages they offer. I might have gotten one of those ver the OBS if they were availabe in the states.
Ogden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:14 PM   #647
cranker87
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 216363
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Vehicle:
2008 OBS
Newport Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogden View Post
Now, I love my OBS, but the Outback Sport is really also just a option package fo the usual 2.5i Impreza. The only thing unique about it is the wheels and the 2-tone paint. You could create and Outback Sport just by picking the options and accessories individually...except wheels and paint. You could just get the 17-inch wheels the offer (same as US spec WRX)

I like the "Sport" and "Limted" packages they offer. I might have gotten one of those ver the OBS if they were availabe in the states.

Oh I know it really is a 2.5i package, but it also supposedly has a more "rugged" suspension for all that driving in the woods we do hauling our bikes to tops of mountains. But, they do throw in an awful lot of options into the package like heated seats, bigger wheels, bumper underguards, etc. All those options separately would make cost a lot more than the base price of the OBS, at least in the States. I agree, if the price was right I would have considered those Canadian options as well.
cranker87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:28 PM   #648
cranker87
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 216363
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Vehicle:
2008 OBS
Newport Blue

Default

The closest they have to an OBS in Australia appears to be this:
http://www.subaru.com.au/models/impr...atch/exterior/

It actually has more of an Outback look to it. This may be the future of the OBS here. I took an online poll not long after I bought mine and they posted pictures of future models and one of them definitely looked like that. It is the only Australian Impreza with that grille.
cranker87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:08 PM   #649
iommichild
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 194990
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Eugene OR
Vehicle:
2008 OBS
Steel Silver/Spark Silver

Default

That Aussie Impreza looks bangin with the different colored fender flares...cool find!
iommichild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:14 PM   #650
Help I'm Stuck!
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 248293
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NNJ
Vehicle:
2010 2.5i hatch
SSM

Default

+1 on the Austrailian OBS, give me a mesh grille, and darker headlights, I'll buy it.
Help I'm Stuck! is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2009 Impreza Outback Sport rear bumper step pad? 2009OutbackSport Newbies & FAQs 16 07-12-2011 08:58 AM
FS NH: 2009 Impreza Outback Sport OEM seat covers Bu11dogg2 Interior/Dressup/Audio & Security 30 07-10-2011 01:28 AM
WTB : GC8, outback sport, 2.5rs HOOD AMEEN STI NWIC Private Classifieds 8 06-25-2010 11:49 AM
New 2009 Impreza Outback Sport 2009OutbackSport Newbies & FAQs 7 08-11-2009 09:24 AM
What's a good deal on a 2009 Outback Sport zergling General Community 4 03-31-2009 01:33 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.