Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday August 23, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 10-24-2008, 11:31 AM   #1
ScoobyRS-t
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 85324
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2005 WRX
Silver

Default Header Up-pipe combo or just Up-Pipe

Basically is the header worth it? The difference in price between the two for me is like 100 bucks. Is the header worth 100 bucks? I have an 05wrx
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ScoobyRS-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:42 AM   #2
Audiosavvy
Scooby Guru

Member#: 150794
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
Qcab dakota 4x4
LT1 Formula Firebird

UEL headers will slow spool by a few hundred RPMs but enhance midrange and top end.
EL headers can enhance spool slightly but make more power everywhere than UEL, but you lose most of that rumble that so many people like.

The problem with headers is that they have a tendency to crack, which is the problem I'm having right now.

What mods have you done and what are your goals for the car? If you have a bone stock WRX, it's definitely not worth it.

But at anything from Stage2 up (protuned, since no premade map will accomodate and get the most from headers), I would recommend the GrimmSpeed PnP OEM manifold. They will enhance your bottom-end and midrange, and won't ever crack. Also you can have them coated/heatwrapped to keep temps down and retain spool.

Please read this
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=601219
Audiosavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:58 AM   #3
ScoobyRS-t
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 85324
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2005 WRX
Silver

ya, that's true i had headers on my 2000 2.5RS and they cracked twice once i got them rewelded it felt so nice up top in rpm's. Right now i'm piecing together a full turbo-back exhaust i've got my bellmouth downpipe and i have the COBB AP it's on stage 1 right now, it'll obviously go to 2 when i'm installing all this stuff. End goal would probably be a EVO III 16G with supporting mods. Want something streetable but still pull a decent 1/4 & trap time.
ScoobyRS-t is offline   Reply With Quote