Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday December 19, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Click here to visit TireRack
Tire & Wheel Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Losing traction? Need new tires?
Click here to visit the NASIOC Upgrade Garage...
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Tire & Wheel

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 10-31-2008, 01:28 PM   #1
pc4400
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 139835
Vehicle:
2007 Impreza WRX TR
grey metalic

Default Please comment on this wheel setup

Hey everyone,

I am almost ready to get some wheels/tires. Just wanted some feedback on my choices.

Car: MY07 WRX
Car Color: Dark silver (forgot the correct name)
Wheels: Rota G-Force 18 x 8.5 +48mm
Wheel Color: Charcol grey or hyper black? (without red lip thing)
Tires: Not sure, cant spend more than 700. I know it depends on the cars ride height (see below). Im in SoCal so I will drive great weather, maybe some mud and snow once next year.
Suspension: stock right now. Considering FastWRX's Mach V springs which will lower 1in in front and 0.75in in the rear. I can't really afford coil overs right now, so Im a little iffy about the end result and not being able to adjust ride height.

If I have to roll the rears I guess I'll have to try (hate to learn on my car though).

So questions are:
1. Mach V springs with stock struts (30k miles on them) ok for about a year?
2. Do you see anything that will not work well?

Thanks
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
pc4400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 03:14 PM   #2
suby_dude
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 17397
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
many '02 Rex,'13 FRS
WRB, White

The 18x8.5 +48 G-Force wheels are going to be available in Charcoal Grey, Hyper Silver, and Gold. Gold is arriving in one week and Charcoal Grey/Hyper Silver will be available in two weeks when our next container arrives.

I would recommend a 235/40/18 tire for your setup. Some tires do run wider than others but the majority of tires in this size will not rub on stock fenders. If the car is daily driven I would go with a nice dry/wet performance tire.

-Dan
suby_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 04:13 PM   #3
pc4400
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 139835
Vehicle:
2007 Impreza WRX TR
grey metalic

Quote:
Originally Posted by suby_dude View Post
The 18x8.5 +48 G-Force wheels are going to be available in Charcoal Grey, Hyper Silver, and Gold. Gold is arriving in one week and Charcoal Grey/Hyper Silver will be available in two weeks when our next container arrives.

I would recommend a 235/40/18 tire for your setup. Some tires do run wider than others but the majority of tires in this size will not rub on stock fenders. If the car is daily driven I would go with a nice dry/wet performance tire.

-Dan

Thanks Dan, is your tire suggestion still valid if I use the Mach V springs?
pc4400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 04:53 PM   #4
suby_dude
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 17397
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
many '02 Rex,'13 FRS
WRB, White

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc4400 View Post
Thanks Dan, is your tire suggestion still valid if I use the Mach V springs?
I don't have experience with those springs but from looking at the drop they give you shouldn't have any issues unless your car is loaded full of people. Every car is different though and your alignment will determine the overall fit, you *might* need rear camber bolts to tuck the wheel if you don't roll the fenders.

-Dan
suby_dude is offline   Reply With Quote