Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday December 25, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Proven Power Bragging

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2008, 07:44 AM   #51
chanke4252
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 173427
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Vehicle:
2009 WRX Sedan
Spark Silver Metallic

Default

fact:
1. comparing dyno plots made on different dynos is stupid given that they all read differently.
2. the 09 wrx is not as fast as the magazine comparos make it out to be. sure, one of them got a decent 0-60, but good luck replicating that.
3. regardless of turbo size, the sti can do more with it than the wrx can.

go drive an 08 and 09 before you spout off about how awesome the 09 is.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
chanke4252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 06:47 PM   #52
thenewcraze
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 190754
Join Date: Oct 2008
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Southlake, TX
Vehicle:
2010 Evolution X
2009 WRX Sedan

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanke4252 View Post
fact:
1. comparing dyno plots made on different dynos is stupid given that they all read differently.
2. the 09 wrx is not as fast as the magazine comparos make it out to be. sure, one of them got a decent 0-60, but good luck replicating that.
3. regardless of turbo size, the sti can do more with it than the wrx can.

go drive an 08 and 09 before you spout off about how awesome the 09 is.
Whaat?!

The 2009 WRX is awesome. It is faster than the 2008 - fact.
thenewcraze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 07:45 PM   #53
reaper702
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 191827
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sin City
Vehicle:
2009 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanke4252 View Post
fact:
1. comparing dyno plots made on different dynos is stupid given that they all read differently.
2. the 09 wrx is not as fast as the magazine comparos make it out to be. sure, one of them got a decent 0-60, but good luck replicating that.
3. regardless of turbo size, the sti can do more with it than the wrx can.

go drive an 08 and 09 before you spout off about how awesome the 09 is.
lmao, yeah the magazines got special subaru tuned wrx's and are faster than production 09 wrxs AND its impossible to get those type of numbers for that reason plus magazine testers are such godly drivers, we can't touch them.

and not a fact that ONE magazine got a good time, if ONE mag got 4.7 and another got 4.8...
reaper702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:54 PM   #54
chanke4252
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 173427
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Vehicle:
2009 WRX Sedan
Spark Silver Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper702 View Post
lmao, yeah the magazines got special subaru tuned wrx's and are faster than production 09 wrxs AND its impossible to get those type of numbers for that reason plus magazine testers are such godly drivers, we can't touch them.

and not a fact that ONE magazine got a good time, if ONE mag got 4.7 and another got 4.8...
good luck with the redline launches.
chanke4252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:59 PM   #55
chanke4252
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 173427
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Vehicle:
2009 WRX Sedan
Spark Silver Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewcraze View Post
Whaat?!

The 2009 WRX is awesome. It is faster than the 2008 - fact.
yes, it is, but not nearly as fast in comparison as people are trying to make it out to be.

I love how the two responses I got were from 09 owners. Way to be defensive about your car. "my car is the fast3rz one evar"

Last edited by chanke4252; 11-14-2008 at 10:02 PM.
chanke4252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 12:58 AM   #56
TuningIsLife
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 191380
Join Date: Oct 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2014 Jeep Wrangler
Hydro Blue

Default

The 09 be faster then a GT3.
TuningIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 01:33 AM   #57
mcganz121
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 138569
Join Date: Jan 2007
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Costa Mesa
Vehicle:
2010 A4 Quattro <-
06STI <- 09WRX <- 06WRX

Default

My Stg 2 results... Just got home from HB Speed

276 whp and 310wtq on Cali 91

catted harman dp
spt cb
Harman CAI

Jon said that the tmic is what is really holding the car back from being on par with sti numbers
mcganz121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 02:08 AM   #58
reaper702
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 191827
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sin City
Vehicle:
2009 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanke4252 View Post
yes, it is, but not nearly as fast in comparison as people are trying to make it out to be.

I love how the two responses I got were from 09 owners. Way to be defensive about your car. "my car is the fast3rz one evar"
roflmao, where do you get in this thread that anyone thinks this is, as you say, "my car is the fast3rz one evar." Show a quote to back up what you are saying. The facts are that this car is show the near identical speed/power as an sti and somehow that makes you believe "my car is the fast3rz one evar."

Contrary what you are saying, this car IS as fast as the mags make it out to be, the dynos even prove it. Who cares if you have launch it aggressively to get those numbers, you have to launch ANY car aggressively to get the best 0-60 and 1/4 mile.
reaper702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 03:33 AM   #59
thenewcraze
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 190754
Join Date: Oct 2008
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Southlake, TX
Vehicle:
2010 Evolution X
2009 WRX Sedan

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanke4252 View Post
yes, it is, but not nearly as fast in comparison as people are trying to make it out to be.

I love how the two responses I got were from 09 owners. Way to be defensive about your car. "my car is the fast3rz one evar"
I thought you would pick up on my sarcasm - I'm laying it on pretty thick.

I will be dyno'ing at Cobb in Plano hopefully next week. On 93 octane Tejas gas, I'm hoping for ~280H/320T.

I'm willing to be that come spring/summer, there will be plenty of 09 WRX's well into the 12's on a Stage II tune.

I'm sorry, but that is fast. Plain. Simple.
thenewcraze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 04:18 AM   #60
howfast?
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 102027
Join Date: Dec 2005
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: oc
Vehicle:
BugI Tsx retro lamps
for sale not listed pm me

Default

^ damn the new wrx is even more bang for your buck! How much are you guys rolling off of the lot with these things for?
howfast? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 04:30 AM   #61
thenewcraze
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 190754
Join Date: Oct 2008
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Southlake, TX
Vehicle:
2010 Evolution X
2009 WRX Sedan

Default

I paid right at $25,250 out the door.

Mine came with auto-dimming mirror, sport grill and iPod interface. I got the car well below invoice about a month ago.
thenewcraze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 04:59 AM   #62
redzfit
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 191518
Join Date: Oct 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: So Cal
Vehicle:
2010 EvoX<--H8Mitsu
2011 Mini S<-- Now

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcganz121 View Post
My Stg 2 results... Just got home from HB Speed

276 whp and 310wtq on Cali 91

catted harman dp
spt cb
Harman CAI

Jon said that the tmic is what is really holding the car back from being on par with sti numbers
Thats good info. Do you think it will be safe to run an intake and tmic without an ap?
redzfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 05:05 AM   #63
mcganz121
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 138569
Join Date: Jan 2007
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Costa Mesa
Vehicle:
2010 A4 Quattro <-
06STI <- 09WRX <- 06WRX

Default

Imo, the intake is fine as I ran one w/o a tune as well as my friend and our cars run great...

As far as the tmic goes.. I would spend the money on a dp instead. But really.

I wouldnt run the dp w/o a tune reason being my car ran pretty horrible up until today
mcganz121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 05:12 AM   #64
redzfit
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 191518
Join Date: Oct 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: So Cal
Vehicle:
2010 EvoX<--H8Mitsu
2011 Mini S<-- Now

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcganz121 View Post
Imo, the intake is fine as I ran one w/o a tune as well as my friend and our cars run great...

As far as the tmic goes.. I would spend the money on a dp instead. But really.

I wouldnt run the dp w/o a tune reason being my car ran pretty horrible up until today
Ok so I should be ok and my car run fine if my mods are in the following order
1. intake
2. tmic
3. AP
4. turbo back and what ever else???
redzfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 05:20 AM   #65
mcganz121
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 138569
Join Date: Jan 2007
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Costa Mesa
Vehicle:
2010 A4 Quattro <-
06STI <- 09WRX <- 06WRX

Default

I ran a big tmic and intake on the ap map on my 06 fine..

I do notice that the 08/09 are for finicky when it comes to bolt ons... However, with the ap they should be fine..

Someone correct me if Im wrong
mcganz121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 05:28 AM   #66
redzfit
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 191518
Join Date: Oct 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: So Cal
Vehicle:
2010 EvoX<--H8Mitsu
2011 Mini S<-- Now

Default

Sorry but its late and im getting more retarted, but Im asking if a just run the intake and tmic for a few months with out the ap will I be ok?
redzfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 10:03 AM   #67
Brack
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 12445
Join Date: Nov 2001
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: North Oregon Coast
Vehicle:
13 Accent
Red

Default

There is no reason to spend any money on an aftermarket intake, for performance reasons, with the stock turbo.

My understanding, from a few seasoned tuners in my area.

A K&N replacement filter will flow great,... and best followed by an AP tune .

If you are looking for more/different sound, you will get that for your intake money, but you would be wise to tune for that change in air flow
Brack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 10:36 AM   #68
mapleleaf
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 103399
Join Date: Dec 2005
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Vehicle:
2009 Stripped STI
Dirty White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brack View Post
There is no reason to spend any money on an aftermarket intake, for performance reasons, with the stock turbo.

My understanding, from a few seasoned tuners in my area.

A K&N replacement filter will flow great,... and best followed by an AP tune .

If you are looking for more/different sound, you will get that for your intake money, but you would be wise to tune for that change in air flow

Don't bother with the K&N, the stock paper filter works just fine with a stage 2 set up or any set up that does not max out the stock MAF voltage.
mapleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 01:31 PM   #69
mcganz121
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 138569
Join Date: Jan 2007
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Costa Mesa
Vehicle:
2010 A4 Quattro <-
06STI <- 09WRX <- 06WRX

Default

yea an intake is purely sound... although they do sound kool
mcganz121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 08:41 PM   #70
MeanEditor
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 123139
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Oregon
Vehicle:
1993 Turbo L Wagon
RED

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzfit View Post
Sorry but its late and im getting more retarted, but Im asking if a just run the intake and tmic for a few months with out the ap will I be ok?
See the before and after AFR and ask yourself the same question again. Then ask yourself if you think your ringlands are invincible. For the cost of an intake and a TMIC, why not get an AP and make MORE power?
MeanEditor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 10:17 PM   #71
reaper702
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 191827
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sin City
Vehicle:
2009 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanEditor View Post
See the before and after AFR and ask yourself the same question again. Then ask yourself if you think your ringlands are invincible. For the cost of an intake and a TMIC, why not get an AP and make MORE power?
^ EXACTLY!

My first power mods will be Cobb AP then DP to go to stage 2
reaper702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 12:10 AM   #72
HB Speed
Former Vendor
 
Member#: 160911
Join Date: Oct 2007
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2008 GT33R Evo X
560+ whp GG

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzfit View Post
Thats good info. Do you think it will be safe to run an intake and tmic without an ap?
NO NO NO NO NO


NO!

stock AFR target is 10.4 ish
with HARMAN intake Mike was running 12.36:1 afr !!!!!

After the tune it was 11.6- 11.0

Last edited by HB Speed; 11-16-2008 at 12:59 AM.
HB Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 12:19 AM   #73
HB Speed
Former Vendor
 
Member#: 160911
Join Date: Oct 2007
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2008 GT33R Evo X
560+ whp GG

Default

YAY !! 09 wrx ftw !

HB Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 12:57 AM   #74
redzfit
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 191518
Join Date: Oct 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: So Cal
Vehicle:
2010 EvoX<--H8Mitsu
2011 Mini S<-- Now

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB Speed View Post
NO NO NO NO NO


NO!

stock AFR target is 10.4 ish
with this intake Mike was running 12.36:1 afr !!!!!

After the tune it was 11.6- 11.0
That was with the harman intake
redzfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 12:58 AM   #75
HB Speed
Former Vendor
 
Member#: 160911
Join Date: Oct 2007
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2008 GT33R Evo X
560+ whp GG

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzfit View Post
That was with the harman intake
YEP
HB Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
09 WRX Stage 2 Surgeline/Cobb Tuned Beancooker Proven Power Bragging 3 12-11-2009 01:03 AM
Cobb 09 WRX Stage 1 Results Cobb Tuning Proven Power Bragging 72 11-05-2009 11:19 AM
PERRIN 2008 WRX Stage 2 Results, and we prove our intake! PERRINJeff Proven Power Bragging 116 07-16-2009 05:22 PM
09 STI Stage 2 results th1rd3y3 Proven Power Bragging 19 04-03-2009 05:09 PM
09 WRX Stage 2, 290 HP on 91 octane! broken4 Proven Power Bragging 0 11-23-2008 02:41 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.