Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday May 26, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Audio, Video & Security

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2012, 09:33 PM   #451
Manny830
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 317111
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Eagle pass , Texas
Vehicle:
2002 Wrx impreza
Rally blue

Default

Ok so my keys and remote got stolen from my work car,sadly they stole my wrx 2002 keys. There's a guy in town that can get me the remote for ninety bux but that includes programming. Well seeing here I can do it myself,right? He gets the remote through the Internet I think. My question is is there a specific kind of remote the the above procedure follows. The one he was trying to seller is the blue and orange button. Which is the one I had.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Manny830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:54 PM   #452
airkareem
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 293700
Join Date: Sep 2011
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Default

My understanding is the 2011-2012 legacy key fob will work with standard 2011 impreza
airkareem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:58 PM   #453
ChillyTilly
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 321100
Join Date: May 2012
Default Flashing red key

Hi
Not sure if this is relevant as this car is not available in the US but its driving me nuts,

I have a Special Edition WRX STI WR1 (only 500 made) and when I remove the key I have a flashing red key symbol in the middle of the dash. I have tried all the solutions on here but to no avail

My key only has one button on it that opens and locks the doors.

Any help would be gratefully received

regards
ChillyTilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:45 AM   #454
Vinymac
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 318417
Join Date: Apr 2012
Default

Hi,

I just had an 02 WRX built put together for me and there's a few pieces missing. I'm told that one of the pieces that I'm missing is the keyless entry module. Can I buy a used module from a different year and program my 02 remote with it? Is there anything else I would need to have besides the module to get my keyless working?
Vinymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:36 AM   #455
RexyGirl
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 63616
Join Date: Jun 2004
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Mastro Subaru, Sanford FL
Vehicle:
1996 Volvo 850 Turbo
with mods :)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillyTilly View Post
Hi
Not sure if this is relevant as this car is not available in the US but its driving me nuts,

I have a Special Edition WRX STI WR1 (only 500 made) and when I remove the key I have a flashing red key symbol in the middle of the dash. I have tried all the solutions on here but to no avail

My key only has one button on it that opens and locks the doors.

Any help would be gratefully received

regards
Sounds like you might have an aftermarket system, according to the description of the remote, and the factory system was over ridden.

What year is your vehicle?
RexyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:53 PM   #456
CSVT_2004
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 182213
Join Date: Jun 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Madison
Vehicle:
1999 Contour SVT

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillyTilly View Post
Hi
Not sure if this is relevant as this car is not available in the US but its driving me nuts,

I have a Special Edition WRX STI WR1 (only 500 made) and when I remove the key I have a flashing red key symbol in the middle of the dash. I have tried all the solutions on here but to no avail

My key only has one button on it that opens and locks the doors.

Any help would be gratefully received

regards
More than likely part of the anti theft system of the coded key / keysense. Nothing to worry about. Just indicates the key is not inserted for the most part. Lots of other cars for example, some hondas do the same thing.

Here is a Honda example, was having trouble finding a subaru pic.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinymac View Post
Hi,

I just had an 02 WRX built put together for me and there's a few pieces missing. I'm told that one of the pieces that I'm missing is the keyless entry module. Can I buy a used module from a different year and program my 02 remote with it? Is there anything else I would need to have besides the module to get my keyless working?
Viper 211HV, aftermarket, better range... same functionality, and more than likely cheaper...
CSVT_2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:45 AM   #457
Jablooglius
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 321585
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Montreal, Qc
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza OBS
Green/Grey

Outback Sport Another Issue

Just a quick hello, this is my first post, glad to be part of a huge Subie club like this one.

I've tried searching all over this thread but I didn't see anyone with the same problem I'm having... I replaced the battery on my fob but when I press any of the 2 buttons the little LED stays on for a good couple of mins. If I press the opposite button it doesn't turn off the LED either. Sometimes when I press a button the LED only flashes with the button press. I didn't start fidgeting with the contacts bc I don't want to waste my time if someone here knows for sure the fob is dead but at the same time, in Montreal at the dealer a fob is $105 and there aren't any second hand ones on any classifieds site.
Jablooglius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:37 AM   #458
iiibbb
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 227273
Join Date: Oct 2009
Vehicle:
7&11 Imprez$Forester

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jablooglius View Post
Just a quick hello, this is my first post, glad to be part of a huge Subie club like this one.

I've tried searching all over this thread but I didn't see anyone with the same problem I'm having... I replaced the battery on my fob but when I press any of the 2 buttons the little LED stays on for a good couple of mins. If I press the opposite button it doesn't turn off the LED either. Sometimes when I press a button the LED only flashes with the button press. I didn't start fidgeting with the contacts bc I don't want to waste my time if someone here knows for sure the fob is dead but at the same time, in Montreal at the dealer a fob is $105 and there aren't any second hand ones on any classifieds site.
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...8#post37071178
iiibbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:01 PM   #459
CSVT_2004
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 182213
Join Date: Jun 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Madison
Vehicle:
1999 Contour SVT

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jablooglius View Post
Just a quick hello, this is my first post, glad to be part of a huge Subie club like this one.

I've tried searching all over this thread but I didn't see anyone with the same problem I'm having... I replaced the battery on my fob but when I press any of the 2 buttons the little LED stays on for a good couple of mins. If I press the opposite button it doesn't turn off the LED either. Sometimes when I press a button the LED only flashes with the button press. I didn't start fidgeting with the contacts bc I don't want to waste my time if someone here knows for sure the fob is dead but at the same time, in Montreal at the dealer a fob is $105 and there aren't any second hand ones on any classifieds site.
Crack it open and make sure none of the solder for the battery contacts have got loose at the solder joints.
CSVT_2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:48 AM   #460
jamesalex02
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 322570
Join Date: Jun 2012
Exclamation Replaced ignition barrel, car won't start

Hi all,
First time poster to be gentle.
I recently had my 1999 WRX Impreza broken into, I had to buy a second hand ignition barrel and had it installed, got the key for it aswell. It is now installed, all the dash lights come on when i put the key in but when i go to start it the engine sounds like it will start but it doesn't kick over. Also the battery was replaced because the old one went flat.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, Im stuck as to what i can do?!?!?!?!
jamesalex02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:04 AM   #461
CSVT_2004
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 182213
Join Date: Jun 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Madison
Vehicle:
1999 Contour SVT

Default

Welcome, sounds like an issue other than the ignition cylinder if it's at least cranking and not starting. I'm assuming they tried to steal something from your vehicle, please check your fuses to make sure nothing was shorted out and that your fuel pump shut off was not tripped. At least I'm assuming this vehicle has a fuel pump shut off switch, I could be wrong.
CSVT_2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:43 PM   #462
solort
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 261484
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default

I have an 07 2.5i with no remotes. I cannot get past the 10 ignition turns and get one beep. When I make sure it is out of valet mode, I get the chirp, which means it is activated, but no "AL on" or "AL off" when deactivated. it seems to work as far as the alarm, but no odometer display. I disconnected battery for 10 min to see if resetting ECU would help, but no change. Will I need to take it to a stealer and let them program it (quoted $110!!)? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated
solort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:38 AM   #463
thehanz123
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 318418
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Inland Empire, CA
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
rally blue

Default

soo how do i program the alarm mode and trunk open mode? 02 wrx.. :/
thehanz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:28 PM   #464
solort
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 261484
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by solort View Post
I have an 07 2.5i with no remotes. I cannot get past the 10 ignition turns and get one beep. When I make sure it is out of valet mode, I get the chirp, which means it is activated, but no "AL on" or "AL off" when deactivated. it seems to work as far as the alarm, but no odometer display. I disconnected battery for 10 min to see if resetting ECU would help, but no change. Will I need to take it to a stealer and let them program it (quoted $110!!)? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated
Ok. I finally had a Subaru dealer quote of $50-60 to program both. Took car there, and they said they could not get them to program because "remotes can only go to one vehicle". So $190 later, I purchased a new remote and it programmed perfectly! So is this fact or crap, and do I need to call Subaru customer service?
solort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:42 AM   #465
Chuck2012
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 324568
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: San Antonio, tx
Vehicle:
2005 Wrx Sti
OBP

Default

Are the Keys waterproof? Not the remote but just the key. I was wondering if I could just leave the remote in the car and take the key with me when I go tubing on the river and if I'd have any problems with it?
Chuck2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:24 PM   #466
I3eXa
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 30732
Join Date: Dec 2002
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Coeur D'Alene Idaho
Vehicle:
2002 Legacy GT, 2004
Impreza OBS

Default

ok so I've got a bit of an issue on my 2004 OBS.
My horn works as normal by hitting it
my exterior lights flash when locking/unlocking (so I'm not in valet mode)
but NO HORN when locking/unlocking

I've tried the unlock, then hold both buttons, and then the lights flash twice, but still no horn. I've also done that step again and the exterior lights then only flash once, but still no horn. I'm at a loss. Btw, I've got the orange/blue 2 button style remote
I3eXa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:08 PM   #467
MightyImprezive
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 325714
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Missouri
Vehicle:
2006 Impreza
Regal Blue Pearl

Default

Hi. New at this, so bear with me. I have an 06' Impreza. The remote has stopped working . The dealer wants $120 for the fob + labor.....uggh pretty much robbery. So, I did some checking online... Found some fobs (already programmed) for a little under $120. But I also noticed the 06' Outback remote is far less. Is it possible to program the 06' Outback fob for my Impreza? Kind of a long shot, I know. Thanks!
MightyImprezive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:53 PM   #468
Hotsho111
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 199136
Join Date: Jan 2009
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Fairhaven, MA / San Francisco
Vehicle:
2007 Impreza
2005 ZX-6R

Default

Mighty, I would try checking on ebay. I got 2 teardrop remotes for $20 for an 07 Impreza and programmed them myself.
Hotsho111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:55 PM   #469
RexyGirl
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 63616
Join Date: Jun 2004
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Mastro Subaru, Sanford FL
Vehicle:
1996 Volvo 850 Turbo
with mods :)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I3eXa View Post
ok so I've got a bit of an issue on my 2004 OBS.
My horn works as normal by hitting it
my exterior lights flash when locking/unlocking (so I'm not in valet mode)
but NO HORN when locking/unlocking

I've tried the unlock, then hold both buttons, and then the lights flash twice, but still no horn. I've also done that step again and the exterior lights then only flash once, but still no horn. I'm at a loss. Btw, I've got the orange/blue 2 button style remote
Was there ever an after market system on the vehicle? Try disconnecting the battery for a minute to reset it.
RexyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:58 PM   #470
RexyGirl
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 63616
Join Date: Jun 2004
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Mastro Subaru, Sanford FL
Vehicle:
1996 Volvo 850 Turbo
with mods :)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyImprezive View Post
Hi. New at this, so bear with me. I have an 06' Impreza. The remote has stopped working . The dealer wants $120 for the fob + labor.....uggh pretty much robbery. So, I did some checking online... Found some fobs (already programmed) for a little under $120. But I also noticed the 06' Outback remote is far less. Is it possible to program the 06' Outback fob for my Impreza? Kind of a long shot, I know. Thanks!
I'm trying to figure out how they would be pre-programmed for your vehicle
(FYI: Not possible with a Subaru alarm system)

The Outback remote should work with your vehicle, depending on the aftermarket remote. If it was an OEM Subaru remote it would work.

You get what you pay for with aftermarket remotes and 9 times out of 10 they don't work for your vehicle.....
RexyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:11 PM   #471
I3eXa
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 30732
Join Date: Dec 2002
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Coeur D'Alene Idaho
Vehicle:
2002 Legacy GT, 2004
Impreza OBS

Default

No aftermarket alarm that I can tell. All stock. I've tried disconnecting the battery as well with no luck....
I3eXa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:11 PM   #472
MightyImprezive
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 325714
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Missouri
Vehicle:
2006 Impreza
Regal Blue Pearl

Default

Rexy, I kinda laughed at the whole preprogrammed thing. Maybe just a white lie to get you to buy it, thinking you won't have to do any work. Ha. Thanks for the input! The outback remote is OEM, so I may try that out. Thanks for the input. Greatly appreciated! Being remoteless is kindof a pain. Oh, and thx Hotsho, I never thought to check Ebay!
MightyImprezive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:06 PM   #473
wirebiter
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 327574
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
Silver

Default security light

I have a 2002 wrx, and understand that the security light blinks when the system is armed, however mine blinks when the car is on. Is there a problem? I know the fob is broken and only works intermittently, getting a replacement soon.
wirebiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:13 PM   #474
RexyGirl
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 63616
Join Date: Jun 2004
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Mastro Subaru, Sanford FL
Vehicle:
1996 Volvo 850 Turbo
with mods :)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirebiter View Post
I have a 2002 wrx, and understand that the security light blinks when the system is armed, however mine blinks when the car is on. Is there a problem? I know the fob is broken and only works intermittently, getting a replacement soon.
It all depends on 'how' it's blinking. Check the first post in this thread to see if its normal.
RexyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:02 AM   #475
wirebiter
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 327574
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexyGirl View Post
It all depends on 'how' it's blinking. Check the first post in this thread to see if its normal.
I have looked at the first post, and it blinks once every three seconds. I have gotten it to go into and out of valet mode the 2 blinks every second, but it goes back to blinking once every 3 seconds after that.
wirebiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Factory Alarm + Keyless entry from 04 FXT Skidd Interior/Dressup/Audio & Security 0 01-22-2009 08:26 PM
Factory alarm/keyless entry install - Anyone want to help?! NickWRX Tri-State Area Forum 3 07-06-2008 09:22 PM
All you need to know about ass hair. WRick Off-Topic 22 01-23-2006 07:22 PM
Factory Alarm / Keyless entry Woody Vancouver Impreza Club Forum -- VIC 3 04-21-2002 11:51 PM
Factory alarm/keyless entry on MY01 Safir Car Audio, Video & Security 1 02-08-2001 01:01 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2015 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2015, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.