Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday December 17, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Normally Aspirated Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2008, 01:40 AM   #1
gossin
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 190451
Join Date: Sep 2008
Default headers! 07 2.5i wagon

Need help, I have a 07 2.5i wagon and I want to get that boxxer rumble like a wrx with a catback and there's video's all over youtube with different header's that give it the tone I want. Can anybody help? I can't find anyone that sell's these!


Thanks
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
gossin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:30 AM   #2
watchunglava
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 168862
Join Date: Jan 2008
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Portland Maine
Vehicle:
2007 ej253n/a 5speed
Red Sox Nation Lifer

Default

are u serious?
watchunglava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:48 AM   #3
funky monk
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 143094
Join Date: Mar 2007
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
08 LGT
DBM

Default

search it! its been covered

ibIalreadyseached
funky monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:40 AM   #4
olsen726
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 154175
Join Date: Jul 2007
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: PDX
Vehicle:
07 Impreza Wagon
2.5i???

Default

lol, search for borla headers.
olsen726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:11 PM   #5
gossin
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 190451
Join Date: Sep 2008
Default

well sorry unline alot of people i work 2 full time jobs and i dont have time to sit here and read through 10 million things because of the crappy search engine that all forums use... help a brother out. thanks for being nice
gossin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:58 PM   #6
Un0RiGiNaL
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 189748
Join Date: Sep 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Default

Borla Replica UEL headers

guys he already made the thread, instead of flaming him with no help, just tell him what he wants to know and then tell him to use the search button
you flaming him isnt going to make the thread go away
Un0RiGiNaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:52 PM   #7
watchunglava
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 168862
Join Date: Jan 2008
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Portland Maine
Vehicle:
2007 ej253n/a 5speed
Red Sox Nation Lifer

Default

watchunglava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:29 AM   #8
williaty
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 71092
Join Date: Sep 2004
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Delaware County, Ohio
Vehicle:
2005 2.5RS Wagon
Regal Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossin View Post
well sorry unline alot of people i work 2 full time jobs and i dont have time to sit here and read through 10 million things because of the crappy search engine that all forums use... help a brother out. thanks for being nice
You are an arrogant ass. You just said that you're better than all the rest of us because your time is worth more than ours.

However, because I do happen to agree that the NASIOC search function sucks ass, use google next time instead, but restrict it to searching NASIOC. For instance, to search about headers, you'd use the search string "site:nasioc.com headers".
williaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:47 AM   #9
Uncle Scotty
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 16200
Join Date: Mar 2002
Vehicle:
OK Houston
we have an Uncle

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossin View Post
Need help, I have a 07 2.5i wagon and I want to get that boxxer rumble like a wrx with a catback and there's video's all over youtube with different header's that give it the tone I want. Can anybody help? I can't find anyone that sell's these!


Thanks
your car has factory unequal length manifolds and switching them will likely reduce power
Uncle Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:51 AM   #10
williaty
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 71092
Join Date: Sep 2004
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Delaware County, Ohio
Vehicle:
2005 2.5RS Wagon
Regal Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Scotty View Post
your car has factory unequal length manifolds and switching them will likely reduce power
You meant to say that he had EL headers from the factory.

No one has posted dynos yet of the stock 06-07 headers vs the borlas/replicas. However, a few people have posted airflow numbers which showed a very, very small gain. Nothing to get excited or proud of, but probably not shooing yourself in the foot either.

If sound is your primary concern, you're just going to have to suck it up, get some UEL headers, a HFC or cat delete, a non-resonated midpipe, and a large muffler.
williaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:14 AM   #11
VIsubi
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 187834
Join Date: Aug 2008
Vehicle:
06 2.5i impreza
Red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossin View Post
well sorry unline alot of people i work 2 full time jobs and i dont have time to sit here and read through 10 million things because of the crappy search engine that all forums use... help a brother out. thanks for being nice
LMFAO dude this is the best post...finally someone gets it and replies...aight bro you'll get the boxer rumble with unequal lenth headers but you'll get performance with equal length headers..still a deep tone just no as rumbly against each other like unequal. Borla headers seems to be the best company out there that supports our heads but really it doesn't matter. Glad someone realizes that the 10 million post's and crappy search engine really is time consuming. Hope this helps Bruds!!
VIsubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:17 AM   #12
VIsubi
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 187834
Join Date: Aug 2008
Vehicle:
06 2.5i impreza
Red

Default

and second to all those passing judgment...why don't you stop being the azz's the man has a point..the first thing people told him was bagging on the man like he's been here since the beginning so why act like the man knows....you guys are the punks really with your bad attitudes..not his fault your women get it from another guy when your not around...geeze.
VIsubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:25 AM   #13
God
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 148482
Join Date: May 2007
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Tacoma
Vehicle:
2085 CRYSMORE
LE BARON

Default

losing maybe 3hp is worth the gains of the rumble. just my .02


plus, if you really are concerned about power, buy a wrx. if you dont have the money, dont expect your 2.5 n/a to be fast because its going to cost about as much to make it as fast as a wrx than it would be to trade in on one.
God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:31 AM   #14
williaty
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 71092
Join Date: Sep 2004
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Delaware County, Ohio
Vehicle:
2005 2.5RS Wagon
Regal Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by God View Post
losing maybe 3hp is worth the gains of the rumble. just my .02
In the last week, I've had both UEL and EL headers on my 2.5RS. The EL headers don't lose the rumble, they just add another noise on top of it. The EL also are enough peppier to totally justify the cost and the sound.
williaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 05:11 AM   #15
J-Chow
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 104722
Join Date: Jan 2006
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Richmond, aka Hongerland
Vehicle:
2006 2.5i - SOLD
Gray

Default

You can go with a couple options for the boxer rumble;
a) Borla / Replica Headers - check Ebay
b) Wrx header/manifold - custom fabrication required - check Ebay or the FS forum.

But if you want performance instead of boxer rumble,
c) OBX EL headers.

In my opinion, our cars were not meant to go fast in a straight line, but instead, to tackle exits and corners. You want to go fast? Go Turbo, or be prepared to spend $$$ on a NA motor build.

just my 2 cents.
J-Chow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 06:51 PM   #16
gossin
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 190451
Join Date: Sep 2008
Default

thanks for sticking up for me guys. I wasnt saying im better than anybody else, im just saying unlike the average person i work two full time jobs. gotta pay for all the toys somehow. Thanks for all the info everyone!
gossin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:37 AM   #17
Eyedoc Orlando
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 146216
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Birmingham, AL
Vehicle:
2007 Impreza 2.5i SE
Newport Blue Metallic

Default

To: Gossin
From: me

Dear Gossin,
Please learn to use punctuation and grammar. Using them will make you get your point across faster and more accurately. I know you don't mean to type like you do because you probably don't know any better, but it would only be to your benefit to have a better command of the english language.

The answer to your question is posted above: Borla headers or replica headers for a 2005 or prior impreza will work. However, using them will cost you horsepower when compared with your current equal length manifolds.

Happy trolling.
Eyedoc Orlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:19 AM   #18
VIsubi
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 187834
Join Date: Aug 2008
Vehicle:
06 2.5i impreza
Red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by williaty View Post
In the last week, I've had both UEL and EL headers on my 2.5RS. The EL headers don't lose the rumble, they just add another noise on top of it. The EL also are enough peppier to totally justify the cost and the sound.
Even though I hate agreeing with him, he's quite right EL does still have a rumble which also gives you gains 3hp is better than a rumble that will end you up with tickets personally but its up too you.
VIsubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:26 AM   #19
VIsubi
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 187834
Join Date: Aug 2008
Vehicle:
06 2.5i impreza
Red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyedoc Orlando View Post
To: Gossin
From: me

Dear Gossin,
Please learn to use punctuation and grammar. Using them will make you get your point across faster and more accurately. I know you don't mean to type like you do because you probably don't know any better, but it would only be to your benefit to have a better command of the english language.

The answer to your question is posted above: Borla headers or replica headers for a 2005 or prior impreza will work. However, using them will cost you horsepower when compared with your current equal length manifolds.

Happy trolling.
From: Me
To: Your candy azz!!
First of all if you have such good grammer why not waste space about telling someone that they have bad grammer. Instead look into doing a write up about how to install something or change your oil or what not. Your typing makes you sound like a snob which in turn is probably you just having to proof read your own typo's roughly 3 times. Whoa is you who place's judement on someone just jumping on line for a couple of seconds to post a question. Again if you read my last post you obviously must be one of those people toward the end of my post that i was talking about. So in other words get off your azz instead of being an azz and go give your woman the loving she deserves. Point blank and shoot.
VIsubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:29 AM   #20
VIsubi
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 187834
Join Date: Aug 2008
Vehicle:
06 2.5i impreza
Red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossin View Post
thanks for sticking up for me guys. I wasnt saying im better than anybody else, im just saying unlike the average person i work two full time jobs. gotta pay for all the toys somehow. Thanks for all the info everyone!
I hear you bro no need to explain your personal stuff. Your not here to proof Sh@t to anyone so don't feel like you have to. Do your thing make that paper yo.
VIsubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:49 PM   #21
watchunglava
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 168862
Join Date: Jan 2008
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Portland Maine
Vehicle:
2007 ej253n/a 5speed
Red Sox Nation Lifer

Default

worst thread ever.
watchunglava is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
07 2.5i wagon wheels on 07 wrx dc2skel Tire & Wheel 6 06-04-2009 06:14 PM
Update to 07 STi cat-back on 07 2.5i Wagon nuggetWRX Normally Aspirated Powertrain 8 05-15-2008 01:45 PM
tien S-tech springs on an 07 2.5i wagon olsen726 Brakes, Steering & Suspension 9 10-30-2007 09:35 PM
WTB: parts for 05-07 2.5i/wagon Emilian_13 NWIC Private Classifieds 2 09-26-2007 06:53 PM
07 2.5i wagon tranny question - A/T kero Service & Maintenance 0 08-27-2007 08:49 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.