Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday May 27, 2016
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Texas Impreza Club
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Texas Impreza Club Forum -- TXIC > TXIC Private Classifieds

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2008, 06:58 PM   #1
protospheric
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 197788
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Spring Branch
Vehicle:
2002 WRX sedan
wrb

Default Hey is anyone in Houston parting out their WRX? I need a part.

I need the hi pressure AC hose. Mine leaks. As long as your's does not then I would be happy to buy it from you for a reasonable amount.

I don't need a lot of details about fixing the AC right as I know I need to replace the drier and all, but for now I just need the hose.

Send me a picture of the hose will ya? I need to make sure it fits on my 02 wrx.

Call me if you can 832-978-1730 is my mobile.

Thanks.

Steve
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
protospheric is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:33 PM   #2
litebrite2001
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (23)
 
Member#: 41656
Join Date: Aug 2003
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Spring, TX
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon
WRB

Default

You actually don't neeeeed to replace the dryer... especially on an 02. (The 02 dryer is part of the condenser and is around $200.) My method is to pull vacuum on the system, and then let the car idle for a couple of hours under vacuum. This gets the dryer warm and helps evaporate even more moisture. I then charge it with just one 12 oz can and let it run. R134a has a wonderful affinity for moisture. After 30 minutes of letting the 12 oz cycle, I vacuum it out. I leave it under vacuum for another couple of hours with the car running. I then do my final charge. Oh, and I keep the hood down while its idling, I just set it down gently on the hoses.

I know you didn't want details, but this info might come in handy. If you're in a serious hurry, I could probably loan you a hose. PM me, and I'll give you my contact info.
litebrite2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 10:10 PM   #3
rexagon
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)
 
Member#: 20943
Join Date: Jul 2002
Vehicle:
2002 wrx wagon
red

Default

there is a place in spring called "absolutely cool", that replaced mine a few years ago for a lot less than dealer. Have had no issues since.
rexagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 03:45 AM   #4
e_mailaccnt
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (8)
 
Member#: 145431
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Houston TX
Vehicle:
05 wrx
wrb wingless. so nice

Default

www.wrx-tx.com, call and ask
e_mailaccnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 08:24 AM   #5
litebrite2001
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (23)
 
Member#: 41656
Join Date: Aug 2003
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Spring, TX
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon
WRB

Default

Sebastian is in California right now. I guess he could ship one from his warehouse there though.
litebrite2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 08:27 AM   #6
protospheric
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 197788
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Spring Branch
Vehicle:
2002 WRX sedan
wrb

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by litebrite2001 View Post
You actually don't neeeeed to replace the dryer... especially on an 02. (The 02 dryer is part of the condenser and is around $200.) My method is to pull vacuum on the system, and then let the car idle for a couple of hours under vacuum. This gets the dryer warm and helps evaporate even more moisture. I then charge it with just one 12 oz can and let it run. R134a has a wonderful affinity for moisture. After 30 minutes of letting the 12 oz cycle, I vacuum it out. I leave it under vacuum for another couple of hours with the car running. I then do my final charge. Oh, and I keep the hood down while its idling, I just set it down gently on the hoses.

I know you didn't want details, but this info might come in handy. If you're in a serious hurry, I could probably loan you a hose. PM me, and I'll give you my contact info.
Those details are handy, and I do appreciate them.

I don't have a vacuum, but I will certainly try to relay this information to whoever does the AC service in a "not so imposing" way. Seems like every time you try to tell a mechanic how to do something with your car they get pissed.

As far as that hose is concerned...loan? I'll eventually need one permanent-like, so unless you have one I can buy at a discount thanks, but no thanks. I really do appreciate the offer though.

Anyways, Merry Christmas and all.
protospheric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 08:30 AM   #7
protospheric
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 197788
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Spring Branch
Vehicle:
2002 WRX sedan
wrb

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by litebrite2001 View Post
Sebastian is in California right now. I guess he could ship one from his warehouse there though.
OK I'll call him later this morning and see if he has my hose.

Thanks for the tip.
protospheric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 08:31 AM   #8
litebrite2001
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (23)
 
Member#: 41656
Join Date: Aug 2003
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Spring, TX
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon
WRB

Default

By loan, I meant give you one of mine, and you replace it. It doesn't have to be the same one, just one equivalent in condition. Bring the damn car to me and I'll do it for beer. Autozone has a wonderful lend a tool program and they have everything needed to do this.
litebrite2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 08:31 AM   #9
protospheric
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 197788
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Spring Branch
Vehicle:
2002 WRX sedan
wrb

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexagon View Post
there is a place in spring called "absolutely cool", that replaced mine a few years ago for a lot less than dealer. Have had no issues since.
Thanks for the info, that's a bit far for me, but I'll store it in my "database" of shops.
protospheric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 09:54 AM   #10
protospheric
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 197788
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Spring Branch
Vehicle:
2002 WRX sedan
wrb

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by litebrite2001 View Post
By loan, I meant give you one of mine, and you replace it. It doesn't have to be the same one, just one equivalent in condition. Bring the damn car to me and I'll do it for beer. Autozone has a wonderful lend a tool program and they have everything needed to do this.
Hey that sounds like a deal. You're a generous guy. I guess I could learn something in the process.

I'm not much of a conversationalist though, so it could get pretty boring waiting around while the vacuum does its job unless you have an xbox or something.

What kind of beer do you like, and how much would you charge for this job? When would you want to do it?

I'll order the hose as soon as we set up a time. I'm assuming you have a used one laying around in decent condition?

Autozone is grand isn't it?

./p
protospheric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:00 AM   #11
protospheric
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 197788
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Spring Branch
Vehicle:
2002 WRX sedan
wrb

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by litebrite2001 View Post
By loan, I meant give you one of mine, and you replace it. It doesn't have to be the same one, just one equivalent in condition. Bring the damn car to me and I'll do it for beer. Autozone has a wonderful lend a tool program and they have everything needed to do this.
Hey I just looked at your profile, and it says your an automation engineer. How karmic.

I work in the field too, although I'm sorta new and dumb at it though, and am still learning control theory. I'm mainly doing a lot of HMI these days, because I'm too dumb still to work on complex loops yet.

Where d'ya work?

./p
protospheric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:42 AM   #12
litebrite2001
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (23)
 
Member#: 41656
Join Date: Aug 2003
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Spring, TX
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon
WRB

Default

Sebastian definitely has one. I have one on a car that isn't currently running, so you can have that, you'll just need to replace it with a good one. The car that isn't running only has 37k on it.

I've got a 360 and a wii. I also have an old NES, but I always get light headed trying to get those old cartridges to work.

I drink Shiner or Miller Lite. Bottles.

I'm going on an elk hunt and will be out of town Jan 17-25. I am headed to Egypt on a service call sometime in February. Other than that, weekends are open. I'll be home this Sunday too.

I sent you a PM about work.
litebrite2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:50 AM   #13
protospheric
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 197788
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Spring Branch
Vehicle:
2002 WRX sedan
wrb

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by litebrite2001 View Post
Sebastian definitely has one. I have one on a car that isn't currently running, so you can have that, you'll just need to replace it with a good one. The car that isn't running only has 37k on it.

I've got a 360 and a wii. I also have an old NES, but I always get light headed trying to get those old cartridges to work.

I drink Shiner or Miller Lite. Bottles.

I'm going on an elk hunt and will be out of town Jan 17-25. I am headed to Egypt on a service call sometime in February. Other than that, weekends are open. I'll be home this Sunday too.

I sent you a PM about work.
It sounds like you lead a pretty active life. You must be single.

OK well this Saturday or Sunday works for me. I'll order the hose from Sebastian, but I doubt I'll have it by then. I'd be happy to give you a deposit or whatever if you don't completely trust me with the goods.

Let me know about the day and time either day works for me ok.

Thanks.
protospheric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:55 AM   #14
litebrite2001
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (23)
 
Member#: 41656
Join Date: Aug 2003
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Spring, TX
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon
WRB

Default

Actually, I got married about a year ago, and just had a little girl... but I did lead a good single life for a while. I'm busy Saturday, but I'm free Sunday. I'll call sebastian and let him know that the hose is for me. You just need to pay him, he does the paypal thing.
litebrite2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 11:00 AM   #15
protospheric
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 197788
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Spring Branch
Vehicle:
2002 WRX sedan
wrb

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by litebrite2001 View Post
Actually, I got married about a year ago, and just had a little girl... but I did lead a good single life for a while. I'm busy Saturday, but I'm free Sunday. I'll call sebastian and let him know that the hose is for me. You just need to pay him, he does the paypal thing.
OK so can we arrange for Sunday PM? Say around 1 or 2? I've got church in the mornin and all.

If you want I can bring my wife. She is pretty good at talking to people, unless your's doesn't want to be bothered.

Thanks.
protospheric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 11:36 AM   #16
litebrite2001
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (23)
 
Member#: 41656
Join Date: Aug 2003
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Spring, TX
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon
WRB

Default

My wife's a social butterfly. If yours has an aversion to babies, or you're afraid she'll get any ideas, you might not bring her. If not, she's more than welcome to hang out. I'm sure my wife will try to force food on you. She likes to feed people.
litebrite2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 02:33 AM   #17
bentfork78
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (2)
 
Member#: 145430
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: College Station, Texas
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
Rally Blue

Default

litebrite, feeling in the mood for more beer?
bentfork78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone parting out their WRX? bigtex06wrx TXIC Private Classifieds 5 08-02-2006 06:37 PM
Parting out 2002 wrx/sti many many parts wrxtuner02 Private 'For Sale' Classifieds 9 10-06-2004 10:15 PM
Hey is anyone in the Madison, WI area or Rochester MN area? darbronnoco Mid West Subaru Owners Club Forum -- MWSOC 14 06-16-2004 04:54 PM
If anyone is interested in this mod for their WRX (or STi) let me know... MK2TMR2 Texas Impreza Club Forum -- TXIC 8 04-16-2004 01:51 PM
Has anyone here parted out their WRX? BlueDevil Tri-State Area Forum 3 12-16-2003 06:09 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2016 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2016, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.