Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday August 20, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 05:21 PM   #826
SkimSTI
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 134785
Join Date: Dec 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Foothill Ranch, CA
Vehicle:
2006 CGM STi
413whp / 356wtq FP GREEN

Default

Thanks Lperkins
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
SkimSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:32 PM   #827
vilar17
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 213592
Join Date: Jun 2009
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: New Jersey
Vehicle:
07 wrx limited
08 STI

Default

Andy just wanted to say I am officially copying your style. I am getting JDM Springs for the WRX and the G Forces. Cant wait ! We will be twins but not twins at the same time.
vilar17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:32 PM   #828
SkimSTI
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 134785
Join Date: Dec 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Foothill Ranch, CA
Vehicle:
2006 CGM STi
413whp / 356wtq FP GREEN

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilar17 View Post
Andy just wanted to say I am officially copying your style. I am getting JDM Springs for the WRX and the G Forces. Cant wait ! We will be twins but not twins at the same time.


Nice Pedro. i dig your style


so we'll be like step brothers??



havent updated with pics in awhile. hahah. some close ups...



SkimSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:54 PM   #829
snowflowmfg
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 163700
Join Date: Nov 2007
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Errrwhere
Vehicle:
2013 Impurzer
wFc #270

Default

WOW, you really make those pics pop.
snowflowmfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:59 PM   #830
SkimSTI
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 134785
Join Date: Dec 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Foothill Ranch, CA
Vehicle:
2006 CGM STi
413whp / 356wtq FP GREEN

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowflowmfg View Post
WOW, you really make those pics pop.
thanks man! i try my hardest...

i was actually thinking the desaturated look on the brembo shot wasnt a good combo. i want to try that angle again with some different lighting.
SkimSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:05 AM   #831
snowflowmfg
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 163700
Join Date: Nov 2007
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Errrwhere
Vehicle:
2013 Impurzer
wFc #270

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkimSTI View Post
thanks man! i try my hardest...

i was actually thinking the desaturated look on the brembo shot wasnt a good combo. i want to try that angle again with some different lighting.
Did you just turn up a little saturation in the Brembo pic? Whatever you did it pops nicely. I never even realized that the brembo logo was purple.

I sometimes play with those settings...but I have one of the most thrashed old point n shoots.
snowflowmfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:11 AM   #832
snowflowmfg
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 163700
Join Date: Nov 2007
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Errrwhere
Vehicle:
2013 Impurzer
wFc #270

Default

Wait...did you change your calipers to a purple brembo logo?

Your photo is decieving...
snowflowmfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:16 AM   #833
SkimSTI
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 134785
Join Date: Dec 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Foothill Ranch, CA
Vehicle:
2006 CGM STi
413whp / 356wtq FP GREEN

Default

actually i turned the saturation down as well as the vibrance. messed with the colors a bit because i was shooting shadow side of the car, light was awful!

(i cant tell if you're ****in around or not) but the logo is normally red.

other than that, i just used my Sigma 105mm at f3.5

camera equipment helps a ****load. im almost thinking about upgrading again in the near future... mmmmm maybe not. i duno!
SkimSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:17 AM   #834
SkimSTI
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 134785
Join Date: Dec 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Foothill Ranch, CA
Vehicle:
2006 CGM STi
413whp / 356wtq FP GREEN

Default

also, notice, the lug in that brembo pic really isnt blue either. lots of "color messing with"


!
SkimSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:02 AM   #835
vilar17
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 213592
Join Date: Jun 2009
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: New Jersey
Vehicle:
07 wrx limited
08 STI

Default

Yes step brothers sounds great lol

Cant wait !!!!!
vilar17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:25 AM   #836
96accord
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 145105
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Middle River, Maryland
Vehicle:
2015 WRB WRX Limited
2007 WRX Limited (sold)

Default

@ step brothers
96accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:34 PM   #837
mjjantz
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 82385
Join Date: Mar 2005
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Playa Del Rey
Vehicle:
2007 07sti ptunestg2
pearl WHITe

Default

i would invest in some lighting equipment, it helped me out so much it was ridiculous, i hated hauling all the **** out for the shoots but it made such a difference.

those flash box's and diffusers make a world of difference even if your shooting on an old digital slr. Also do you shoot raw? aperture or light room could help out on the development side of things without screwing up your color. If your monitor supports it i would also color calibrate your monitor.
good stuff keep it up !
mjjantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:41 PM   #838
yeloh474
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 170128
Join Date: Jan 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: DTLA/Hawthorne, CA
Vehicle:
2004 JBP STi
318whp/342wtq on Mustang

Default

Nice close ups Skim. 17-70mm?
yeloh474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:48 PM   #839
SkimSTI
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 134785
Join Date: Dec 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Foothill Ranch, CA
Vehicle:
2006 CGM STi
413whp / 356wtq FP GREEN

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjjantz View Post
i would invest in some lighting equipment, it helped me out so much it was ridiculous, i hated hauling all the **** out for the shoots but it made such a difference.

those flash box's and diffusers make a world of difference even if your shooting on an old digital slr. Also do you shoot raw? aperture or light room could help out on the development side of things without screwing up your color. If your monitor supports it i would also color calibrate your monitor.
good stuff keep it up !
yea i really am looking into lighting equipment, but i dont even know where to begin to look. i was posting in the Automotive photog thread, and i guess quite a few people are just using like SB-400 / SB-600 flashes for some fill light.

i definitely shoot in raw, and do all my post processing in either photomatix or photoshop or both. depending on what im trying to acheive for a photo.

but thanks for the compliments. can ya recommend me some good lighting equipment that isnt super expensive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeloh474 View Post
Nice close ups Skim. 17-70mm?
thanks man. the last couple close ups i posted were shot with my Sigma 105mm f2.8 i love that lens, but no doubt i still love my 17-70mm as well
SkimSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:46 PM   #840
mjjantz
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 82385
Join Date: Mar 2005
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Playa Del Rey
Vehicle:
2007 07sti ptunestg2
pearl WHITe

Default

TOTALLY SKIM! I would say first get the sb800. I am guessing your using a Nikon? The Nikons have this cool wireless flash functionality. The sb800 is the master of this system. So you can do what i do and rent **** you don't want to buy for a weekend shoot..one day rentals on friday and you get it the whole weekend till monday ( sammys camera). Then rent some diffuse boxes and a couple sb600 and then you have multiple lights and boxes that all trigger wirelessly from the sb800. Renting is the way to go if you have a limited budget and i would totally recommend the purchace of a sb800 it has way more step lighting control and is an awesome flash for just every day top flash needs. OH and there are ways of making dyi diffuse boxes if you dont want to rent them. I tend to rent anything i dont want to buy ...esp if it's a paying job. Getting the right stuff for the job is number one in my book..
mjjantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:52 PM   #841
mjjantz
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 82385
Join Date: Mar 2005
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Playa Del Rey
Vehicle:
2007 07sti ptunestg2
pearl WHITe

Default

btw great car!!!..i have an pearl white 07 Sti that Hb speed tuned, similar numbers to yours and almost the same damn color rims mine are jet anthracite Grey. I also put on track days and such so if you want pm me if your interested in private track events..there usually small and about 150$ per car. under 20 cars for most events i have done. i always have some nut out there filming as well...hopefully next event we get more footage and i can make a cool dvd.
mjjantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 02:01 PM   #842
SkimSTI
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 134785
Join Date: Dec 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Foothill Ranch, CA
Vehicle:
2006 CGM STi
413whp / 356wtq FP GREEN

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjjantz View Post
TOTALLY SKIM! I would say first get the sb800. I am guessing your using a Nikon? The Nikons have this cool wireless flash functionality. The sb800 is the master of this system. So you can do what i do and rent **** you don't want to buy for a weekend shoot..one day rentals on friday and you get it the whole weekend till monday ( sammys camera). Then rent some diffuse boxes and a couple sb600 and then you have multiple lights and boxes that all trigger wirelessly from the sb800. Renting is the way to go if you have a limited budget and i would totally recommend the purchace of a sb800 it has way more step lighting control and is an awesome flash for just every day top flash needs. OH and there are ways of making dyi diffuse boxes if you dont want to rent them. I tend to rent anything i dont want to buy ...esp if it's a paying job. Getting the right stuff for the job is number one in my book..
yea i shoot with a Nikon D80. with about 5 different lenses & filter set ups. but everyone keeps telling me about the SB flashes. so i will check em out. but funny thing you brought up the wireless remote flash thing. i actually just experimented this weekend with my cheap-o flash and saw that it goes off with the camera about 15 ft away or so. good stuff!

thanks for the info and insight man. helping me out quite a bit here brotha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjjantz View Post
btw great car!!!..i have an pearl white 07 Sti that Hb speed tuned, similar numbers to yours and almost the same damn color rims mine are jet anthracite Grey. I also put on track days and such so if you want pm me if your interested in private track events..there usually small and about 150$ per car. under 20 cars for most events i have done. i always have some nut out there filming as well...hopefully next event we get more footage and i can make a cool dvd.
thanks for the compliments ill shoot ya a pm for further details!!!
SkimSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:16 AM   #843
tbortner
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 186818
Join Date: Aug 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Hanover, Pa
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
Aspen White

Default

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...ti/hdr18-4.jpg

Love this one man. Looks sick. Sorry, I haven't figured out how to properly quote the picture
tbortner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:01 PM   #844
SkimSTI
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 134785
Join Date: Dec 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Foothill Ranch, CA
Vehicle:
2006 CGM STi
413whp / 356wtq FP GREEN

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbortner View Post


Love this one man. Looks sick. Sorry, I haven't figured out how to properly quote the picture
there ya go

and thank you Sir! i wanted to do a little something different with this one. so i gave it that purpleish tint. the lighting that evening with sunset was a huge help though!
SkimSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:43 PM   #845
tbortner
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 186818
Join Date: Aug 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Hanover, Pa
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
Aspen White

Default

Yeah, there are some sweet sunsets here at college in VA. Had one with red purple orange and yellow the other week.
tbortner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:28 PM   #846
SkimSTI
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 134785
Join Date: Dec 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Foothill Ranch, CA
Vehicle:
2006 CGM STi
413whp / 356wtq FP GREEN

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbortner View Post
Yeah, there are some sweet sunsets here at college in VA. Had one with red purple orange and yellow the other week.
those are my favorite kind man! but like 98% of the time when the 10-20 minute window of amazing sunset appears, i dont have my camera gear on me or anything
SkimSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:32 PM   #847
96accord
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 145105
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Middle River, Maryland
Vehicle:
2015 WRB WRX Limited
2007 WRX Limited (sold)

Default

Hai :wave:
96accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:35 PM   #848
SkimSTI
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 134785
Join Date: Dec 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Foothill Ranch, CA
Vehicle:
2006 CGM STi
413whp / 356wtq FP GREEN

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
Hai :wave:
oh haiiiii Jeff
SkimSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 04:12 PM   #849
Bet On Grey
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 134690
Join Date: Dec 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Gainesville/Richmond
Vehicle:
WFC All Day
SGM

Default

How about some interior pics?
Bet On Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 05:15 PM   #850
SkimSTI
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 134785
Join Date: Dec 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Foothill Ranch, CA
Vehicle:
2006 CGM STi
413whp / 356wtq FP GREEN

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bet On Grey View Post
How about some interior pics?






ive experiemented a few times, in horrid lighting conditions and couldnt get anything decent. but, Mr Bet On Grey, thanks for actually asking about that. i whore pics a lot and im truely shocked out of nearly 900 posts (90% of the posts being mine ), this is the first time this question has come up

check back in the near future... i'll get somethin together of the interior goodies

Last edited by SkimSTI; 03-25-2010 at 05:20 PM.
SkimSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ATM Card Skimmed.... Signal Monkey North West Impreza Club Forum -- NWIC 19 08-08-2006 05:58 PM
skim milk + non-dairy creamer != half-and-half alacrity024 Off-Topic 6 02-10-2005 10:19 AM
I just switched to Skim milk Asinus Off-Topic 45 03-30-2004 01:08 AM
Are you Gay if you drink skim milk? 02bump'nWRX Off-Topic 35 03-13-2003 11:40 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.