Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday August 23, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > News & Rumors > Non-Subaru News & Rumors

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 12-25-2008, 11:59 AM   #1
AVANTI R5
Scooby Guru

Member#: 73805
Default Bob Lutz Suggested Holiday Reading List

Quote:
During these unprecedented times, the familiarity of yet another holiday season upon us is particularly welcome. Although there is much work to be done, we’ll all be glad to have a moment or two to reflect on what’s important, and on the tasks that lay ahead.

I hope that you and yours have a terrific and relaxing holiday season. If you do get time to relax, I’d like to suggest a bit of light reading. It’s not your traditional holiday reading list, I’ll admit, but it is some pretty important material.

The sheer volume of words written about the auto industry in the past month or two is enough to fill the Library of Congress. (Yes, I’m employing irony.) Some of the material generated has been ill-informed and off the mark. Some have used the same old and outdated anti-Detroit rhetoric and bias we’ve been seeing for years.

But some of the coverage has been quite the opposite… enlightening, informative, and, so to speak, on the money. Some of these stories say exactly what we’ve been trying to get across to the American people and their elected representatives. Some of them say, well, let’s just refer to what I said in response to one of Lou Dobbs’ comments when I appeared on his CNN program, “I would never dare to say what you just said, but I think you said it all.”

Please take a moment to read some of these very important stories, and pass them along. Happy holidays and Happy 2009. See you next year.
http://fastlane.gmblogs.com/archives...ding_list.html
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
AVANTI R5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 12:55 PM   #2
Daishi00
Scooby Guru

Member#: 78952
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2005 WRX
CGM

And as usual, it's complete garbage for the most part. A couple of possible points here and there, but for the most part it is auto industry propaganda.
Daishi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 10:28 PM   #3
Scrotus
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 167465
Vehicle:
2006 STI
2006 Legacy 2.5i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daishi00 View Post
And as usual, it's complete garbage for the most part. A couple of possible points here and there, but for the most part it is auto industry propaganda.
And every bit as valid as all the anti-auto industry propaganda. Can't say that I blame them for fighting BS with BS.
Scrotus is offline   Reply With Quote