Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday September 1, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Mid Atlantic Impreza Club
Mid Atlantic Impreza Club Forum sponsored by Annapolis Subaru
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2009, 10:05 PM   #2501
impreza2
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 43105
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: PA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mycues1982 View Post
Does anybody have a leakdown tester I can borrow other than the harborfreight unit? I don't think I can trust something that only goes up to 15psi..
Mike,
i believe you can increase the line pressure and desired pressure in the gauge above 15lbs to look for any type of leak but what I was told when I did mine was that you would instantly see a bad sealing cylinder even with 15lbs in the system. I was told that the pressure will drop off immediately if the cylinder has bad rings especially when the engine is cold. Let me know if you find another one.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
impreza2 is offline  
Old 03-26-2009, 10:46 PM   #2502
dmross
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 2818
Join Date: Nov 2000
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
2000 2.5RS

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by impreza2 View Post
Well I go the car back today from McB and the alignment is -3.1 degrees in the front with 1/16" toe out and -1.6 in the back with 1/16" toe in. Mark said that I still have some room in the front camber plates to go even further.....maybe -3.5 degrees if desired. It was also corner balance and almost exaclty perfect when I took it in there! Only off by 1/10 of a percent! With race wheels/tires and 1/4 tank of fuel the car weighs in at right about 2,960 lbs......... I'm very pleased.

I also had them throw on the steering rack bushings and Gt Spec rear diff mount b/c I've had them for over a year and b/c of being so busy with work I haven't had time to put them in. I'm happy with everything but I'm getting a little off throttle noise from the rear. I assume it's b/c the mount and bushings are much harder and vibrations and noise are now transmitted into the cabin. At any rate, I'll be getting tuned on Tuesday and then it should be ready for the first NP event on the 5th!

Sounds good man! I want a ride!

What weight reductions have you done to get it to 2960?
dmross is offline  
Old 03-26-2009, 10:57 PM   #2503
PDLTURBO
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 73129
Join Date: Oct 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Vehicle:
2004 WRX #50ESP
San Remo Red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmross View Post

I also watched that movie "Twilight" last night. It was kind of lame, but IMHO Kristen Stewart is really beautiful. She has a very similar look to Naomi Watts and Nicole Kidman, must be an Australian thing.
definitely hot! she's a pot smoker too!!

By pdlturbo at 2009-03-26
PDLTURBO is offline  
Old 03-26-2009, 11:28 PM   #2504
stealthx32
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 30990
Join Date: Dec 2002
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
'93 FD3S

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by impreza2 View Post
Well I go the car back today from McB and the alignment is -3.1 degrees in the front with 1/16" toe out and -1.6 in the back with 1/16" toe in. Mark said that I still have some room in the front camber plates to go even further.....maybe -3.5 degrees if desired. It was also corner balance and almost exaclty perfect when I took it in there! Only off by 1/10 of a percent! With race wheels/tires and 1/4 tank of fuel the car weighs in at right about 2,960 lbs......... I'm very pleased.

I also had them throw on the steering rack bushings and Gt Spec rear diff mount b/c I've had them for over a year and b/c of being so busy with work I haven't had time to put them in. I'm happy with everything but I'm getting a little off throttle noise from the rear. I assume it's b/c the mount and bushings are much harder and vibrations and noise are now transmitted into the cabin. At any rate, I'll be getting tuned on Tuesday and then it should be ready for the first NP event on the 5th!
That sounds awesome.

SM is really heating up locally. Dietzel claims to have another 70 awhp or something, and from what I've gathered from Habib's cryptic posts, the Gaus EVO had an even bigger makeover this winter. Drew, are you hiding things up your sleeve too?
stealthx32 is offline  
Old 03-26-2009, 11:37 PM   #2505
PDLTURBO
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 73129
Join Date: Oct 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Vehicle:
2004 WRX #50ESP
San Remo Red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthx32 View Post
That sounds awesome.

SM is really heating up locally. Dietzel claims to have another 70 awhp or something, and from what I've gathered from Habib's cryptic posts, the Gaus EVO had an even bigger makeover this winter. Drew, are you hiding things up your sleeve too?
jer's running the fp green turbo and Frank has the fp white or red, the one below the green. also has the same coilovers as jer, but I don't think the Gause evo is running the a6's.
PDLTURBO is offline  
Old 03-26-2009, 11:47 PM   #2506
stealthx32
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 30990
Join Date: Dec 2002
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
'93 FD3S

Default

Haha. Jeremy didn't expand on it much. The red is larger than the green iirc, at least on the compressor side. I think they both use the same tiny exhaust housing.
stealthx32 is offline  
Old 03-26-2009, 11:50 PM   #2507
Blinden
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 122993
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: West PA
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
WRB 5-door

Default

looks like a tobacco pipe to me. Way to jump to conclusions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDLTURBO View Post
definitely hot! she's a pot smoker too!!

By pdlturbo at 2009-03-26
Blinden is offline  
Old 03-27-2009, 12:38 AM   #2508
PDLTURBO
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 73129
Join Date: Oct 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Vehicle:
2004 WRX #50ESP
San Remo Red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinden View Post
looks like a tobacco pipe to me. Way to jump to conclusions.
yep, I see glass tobacco pipes everywhere!
PDLTURBO is offline  
Old 03-27-2009, 03:08 AM   #2509
Mycues1982
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 86995
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
2005 Tacoma

Default

Did a couple turbo's this week, one of which was a Dominator 3.0 a customer needed done in a hurry. Just when you thought this turbo couldn't get any better.




Some more pics here http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/m...2/Turbo%20PnP/

I was also surprised to see the poor pnp job Blouch performed on the hotside inlet. There was still about an 1/8" of material left to remove before it was gasket matched.
Mycues1982 is offline  
Old 03-27-2009, 03:20 AM   #2510
Kjott21
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 116937
Join Date: Jun 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
2011 WRX DGM
forums.pghsubarus.com

Default

Looks great Mike!
Kjott21 is offline  
Old 03-27-2009, 05:39 AM   #2511
ruby-ru
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 44535
Join Date: Oct 2003
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Slippery Rock, PA
Vehicle:
2003 PSM WRX
Twinscroll Goodness!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by impreza2 View Post
I'm happy with everything but I'm getting a little off throttle noise from the rear. I assume it's b/c the mount and bushings are much harder and vibrations and noise are now transmitted into the cabin. At any rate, I'll be getting tuned on Tuesday and then it should be ready for the first NP event on the 5th!
I have the race diff mounts from TiC. You should ride in my car...I gots all kinds of off throttle noise. I'm probably going to switch to the comfort version this summer.
ruby-ru is offline  
Old 03-27-2009, 07:45 AM   #2512
impreza2
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 43105
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: PA
Default

ya I figured that was the case with the off throttle noise. As for weight the major items are the seats, battery, rear seat removal and ANY unneeded bolts or hardware, rear speakers, etc. The race wheel and tire combo was worth a total of 16 lbs by itself. Can't wait to get it tuned!

Mike, that Dom 3.0 looks killer!
impreza2 is offline  
Old 03-27-2009, 08:03 AM   #2513
impreza2
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 43105
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: PA
Default

I talked to Frank when I was in Utah a few months ago and he said he was going to be running the fp white and he and Chris thought they'd run A6's...... What tire are they planning on running now? And Jer has even more power.....great! LOL.
impreza2 is offline  
Old 03-27-2009, 08:09 AM   #2514
Tenacious Bee
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 96452
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pennsylvania
Vehicle:
So, what to play
with next ?

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDLTURBO View Post
they were the ones that i got off matt, think the were hawk hps, but the rotors were beat. the grooves on the rings were pretty much gone(thin).

the new pads are bhp xps pads in front and h6 racing brake upgrade rear with axxis ultimate pads. but there is serious bite early in the pedal!
My power slot rotors are almost gone but the slots are still deep enough to last until winter. Most likely going to Racing Brake two piece when that happens. I would like to do the rear upgrade but was leaning to the 06 calipers. You will have to school me on the H6 upgrade.

Elite 8 Finally. Now can they beat 'Nova ? I say no if they can't score at least 65 points.
Tenacious Bee is offline  
Old 03-27-2009, 08:32 AM   #2515
PDLTURBO
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 73129
Join Date: Oct 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Vehicle:
2004 WRX #50ESP
San Remo Red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by impreza2 View Post
I talked to Frank when I was in Utah a few months ago and he said he was going to be running the fp white and he and Chris thought they'd run A6's...... What tire are they planning on running now? And Jer has even more power.....great! LOL.
this a quote from the evo forum:
Originally Posted by jerdeitzel View Post
I have no idea! But i heard they were at least safe with 6 point harnesses on! . Lets just say i could only handle about 1 hour of driving the thing before my nerves were shot. How can anyone drive a 500+hp EVO on the streets? You can only go staight, and you better have good tires. Needless to say the EVO is finally up and running in all its amazingly loud and wild glory.

TRE rear diff upgrade? I now drive a RWD car with AWD. I could get the thing sideways anywhere at anytime! (just expect alittle noise at slow speeds!)

I'm really thinking maybe i sould've put the full cage in before the upgrades. Or maybe i just need to get use to it. I'm sure it will feel slow soon.


I'm glad to hear Frank is runnin the a6's, last I spoke to him, he wasn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacious Bee View Post
My power slot rotors are almost gone but the slots are still deep enough to last until winter. Most likely going to Racing Brake two piece when that happens. I would like to do the rear upgrade but was leaning to the 06 calipers. You will have to school me on the H6 upgrade.

Elite 8 Finally. Now can they beat 'Nova ? I say no if they can't score at least 65 points.
the h6 is basically same calipers, different caliper brackets and bigger rotors. I do like the 2pot 06 rears. I saw somewhere to buy them, so I may add them later

On Pitt, if they keep the game close, they're good.
PDLTURBO is offline  
Old 03-27-2009, 08:37 AM   #2516
Tenacious Bee
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 96452
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pennsylvania
Vehicle:
So, what to play
with next ?

Default

Mike ! That turbo looks awesome! Great PnP work. As soon as Ryan pulls the heads and exhaust manifold I will be out to see you.
Tenacious Bee is offline  
Old 03-27-2009, 08:43 AM   #2517
impreza2
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 43105
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: PA
Default

I also think the tubular header and smaller and lighter tmic added to the weight reduction!
impreza2 is offline  
Old 03-27-2009, 09:02 AM   #2518
Tenacious Bee
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 96452
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pennsylvania
Vehicle:
So, what to play
with next ?

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDLTURBO View Post
this a quote from the evo forum:
Originally Posted by jerdeitzel View Post
I have no idea! But i heard they were at least safe with 6 point harnesses on! . Lets just say i could only handle about 1 hour of driving the thing before my nerves were shot. How can anyone drive a 500+hp EVO on the streets? You can only go staight, and you better have good tires. Needless to say the EVO is finally up and running in all its amazingly loud and wild glory.

TRE rear diff upgrade? I now drive a RWD car with AWD. I could get the thing sideways anywhere at anytime! (just expect alittle noise at slow speeds!)

I'm really thinking maybe i sould've put the full cage in before the upgrades. Or maybe i just need to get use to it. I'm sure it will feel slow soon.


I'm glad to hear Frank is runnin the a6's, last I spoke to him, he wasn't.


the h6 is basically same calipers, different caliper brackets and bigger rotors. I do like the 2pot 06 rears. I saw somewhere to buy them, so I may add them later

On Pitt, if they keep the game close, they're good.

Agreed but they are going to need more offense to stay close. My thinking is that the 2 pot rear calipers and two piece rotors should combine for a great set up. I will most likely up grade the front calipers as well. After hundreds of miles of near track like conditions I am convinced a BBK is not needed. The better heat management of the two piece rotors, some EDM bugeye brake ducting stuff I have laying around and better calipers are going to get it done. It will also be great not having to worry if I purchased the right one of four possible combinations of pads for the 03
Tenacious Bee is offline  
Old 03-27-2009, 09:06 AM   #2519
Spun Autosports
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 104686
Join Date: Jan 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
1999 Outback Sport
www.Spun-Autosports.com

Default

Ill be running in STS this year. I did not have the funds to put in the Subaru that I wanted since we just bought a house. I may break it out mid year but as of know I have a very nice prepped STS car. I have know clue how it will do but its set up nicely.

Tom
www.spun-autosports.com
Spun Autosports is offline  
Old 03-27-2009, 09:09 AM   #2520
Spun Autosports
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 104686
Join Date: Jan 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
1999 Outback Sport
www.Spun-Autosports.com

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by impreza2 View Post
I also think the tubular header and smaller and lighter tmic added to the weight reduction!
Im about 50lbs fatter than you. I know a good amount is the roll cage but we are pretty close.

Tom
www.spun-autosports.com
Spun Autosports is offline  
Old 03-27-2009, 09:59 AM   #2521
Tenacious Bee
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 96452
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pennsylvania
Vehicle:
So, what to play
with next ?

Default

Yeah but you personally are pretty much lean muscle mass and built like Lance Armstrong LOL ! With the six speed and me in it I have to overcome weight with power LOL ! I will be ready for the clutch in about three weeks. Leaning towards the Exedy Stage one. Should hold the 350/350 mustang dyno power I expect to make on the current set up. I actually think the OEM replacement will but I plan to launch the car a lot.
Tenacious Bee is offline  
Old 03-27-2009, 10:11 AM   #2522
stealthx32
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 30990
Join Date: Dec 2002
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
'93 FD3S

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacious Bee View Post
Agreed but they are going to need more offense to stay close. My thinking is that the 2 pot rear calipers and two piece rotors should combine for a great set up. I will most likely up grade the front calipers as well. After hundreds of miles of near track like conditions I am convinced a BBK is not needed. The better heat management of the two piece rotors, some EDM bugeye brake ducting stuff I have laying around and better calipers are going to get it done. It will also be great not having to worry if I purchased the right one of four possible combinations of pads for the 03
I agree on BBKs being unnecessary, as I tend to run very aggressive non-streetable pads as all the pedestrians in Oakland are now familiar with, but how do 2 piece rotors manage heat better? I'd reason to believe they manage heat WORSE because heat isn't transfered as easily and as quickly to the wheel (which is actually a pretty large heat sink). 2 piece rotors were designed primarily for mass reduction, allowing you to use a different material for the rotor hat, and also so you can mount them on pins to make them floating, but that's only relevant when you have fixed calipers.
stealthx32 is offline  
Old 03-27-2009, 10:18 AM   #2523
Tenacious Bee
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 96452
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pennsylvania
Vehicle:
So, what to play
with next ?

Default

Speaking of launching the car. The only airport to put up a fight is the one that is 20 minutes away from me.http://www.observer-reporter.com/OR/Story/02-05-commish As it stands there are only three events I can make at PRP . Being able to race on Sunday 20 minutes away is kind of nice.
Tenacious Bee is offline  
Old 03-27-2009, 10:22 AM   #2524
Tenacious Bee
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 96452
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pennsylvania
Vehicle:
So, what to play
with next ?

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthx32 View Post
I agree on BBKs being unnecessary, as I tend to run very aggressive non-streetable pads as all the pedestrians in Oakland are now familiar with, but how do 2 piece rotors manage heat better? I'd reason to believe they manage heat WORSE because heat isn't transfered as easily and as quickly to the wheel (which is actually a pretty large heat sink). 2 piece rotors were designed primarily for mass reduction, allowing you to use a different material for the rotor hat, and also so you can mount them on pins to make them floating, but that's only relevant when you have fixed calipers.
I read the the two piece design prevents the rotor from warping and retaining heat because the heat sink is smaller. Is this just marketing mis info or no ?
Tenacious Bee is offline  
Old 03-27-2009, 10:22 AM   #2525
Drew06STI
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 135639
Join Date: Dec 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Carnegie/Scott/Greentree, PA
Vehicle:
2006 STI steel grey
420WHP/365WTQ

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthx32 View Post
That sounds awesome.

SM is really heating up locally. Dietzel claims to have another 70 awhp or something, and from what I've gathered from Habib's cryptic posts, the Gaus EVO had an even bigger makeover this winter. Drew, are you hiding things up your sleeve too?
I don't have much hidden up my sleeve......just bought new 285/30/18 A6's.......gonna run -3.4 degree front and -2.2 degree rear camber......still have the 93 tune at 420whp 365wtq....however im in the works of maybe buying a fuel cell and getting a c16 tune to make some real power......talked to hill a month back about this and he said it would be close to 475-500whp and 425-450ish wtq with c16 on the dom 3......other than that i have nothing .....LOL
Drew06STI is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official Pittsburgh Thread Build 4 WastingTime Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC 8 04-26-2011 06:58 PM
Official Pittsburgh Thread v5 MRF582 Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC 10302 10-07-2010 10:03 AM
Official Pittsburgh thread V3.0 MikeCee Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC 10519 01-11-2009 09:08 PM
Pittsburgh - official autocross thread crystalhelix Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC 119 05-13-2005 09:22 AM
Didn't there used to be an official Pittsburgh Thread? crystalhelix Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC 0 01-08-2004 07:23 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.