Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday August 1, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Proven Power Bragging

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 03:05 PM   #326
AWDboostADDICT
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 196257
Join Date: Dec 2008
Vehicle:
02 wrx 354 whp RIP
10' genesis coupe

Default

gotta see the car this past weekend, the engine bay is a work of art!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
AWDboostADDICT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:23 PM   #327
Speedricer
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 213428
Join Date: Jun 2009
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Carrollton, Tx
Vehicle:
2008 Red STi Hatch
Enough pony power

Default

Can't wait for numbers and graphs.
Speedricer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:45 PM   #328
reddevil
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 64673
Join Date: Jun 2004
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: portland
Vehicle:
1990 Legacy wagon
goes 12.387 @ 116.5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATgc8 View Post
The S/C is clutched on the snout. The car is making 300lbs of trq by 2k rpms . Were getting a 3.5 bar map sensor from aem on Thursday so stay tuned for dyno vids and the graph!!!
Not that kind of bypass, ie turning SC off, I mean is there a section of piping from TURBO that completely bypasses the SC back into the hot side of the IC piping? Or does ALL the turbo air get forced through the SC, whether or not the SC is on/off?
reddevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 05:53 PM   #329
BoostInc
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 176520
Join Date: Apr 2008
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: NM
Vehicle:
1994 Legacy SS
black and mud

Default

Hey when is this thing going to be done! Dan already said i could drive it.
BoostInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:30 PM   #330
ScoobyNubieToo!
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 75234
Join Date: Nov 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Williamstown, NJ
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Wagon with
07 STI 6-Speed Goodness!

Default

FATcanuck, love how this is looking....like everyone else, I can't wait for the dyno pulls!
ScoobyNubieToo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:45 PM   #331
BigRigger
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 129969
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Alberta Canada, Oil Counrty
Vehicle:
2005 Sti
Silver/Black

Default

bump for update
BigRigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:05 PM   #332
5432gone
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 187164
Join Date: Aug 2008
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Dandridge,TN
Vehicle:
2003 Holset bug-I
WRB

Default

beautiful build.......speechless
5432gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:33 PM   #333
Turbo_Mike
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 130276
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Dudley, MA
Vehicle:
2004 Pontiac GTO
LS1 T56 RWD

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevil View Post
Not that kind of bypass, ie turning SC off, I mean is there a section of piping from TURBO that completely bypasses the SC back into the hot side of the IC piping? Or does ALL the turbo air get forced through the SC, whether or not the SC is on/off?
I believe theres a Y pipe on the hot side I/C piping so the turbo and the s/c both combine together before the intercooler. When the s/c clutch is disengaged, the flapper is also shut to block the boost from coming back out the supercharger, but they both run separate, one doesnt go through the other. (I think)

bump for vids/results/donuts/anything
Turbo_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:47 PM   #334
bObby
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 66959
Join Date: Jul 2004
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: straight out of Compton
Vehicle:
VF Engineer'd e46
M3 500hp club

Default

Glad to hear that it's running, D!
bObby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:00 AM   #335
FATCanuck
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 142534
Join Date: Mar 2007
Default

Hmmm... nuthin yet ... dropped that thing off a year ago today . An Ariel Atom is lookin pretty good right abut now... oh wait , maybe a new ski-doo 800 REV ? it is winter after all . or maybe ill stud the tires on my Husquavarna? gotta do something
FATCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 02:53 PM   #336
scby rex
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 104878
Join Date: Jan 2006
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: copperas cove
Vehicle:
02 wrxbastardchild
aw, MPS 2.34 breaking in

Default

those gtworx camber plates look almost useless.
scby rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:38 PM   #337
BigRigger
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 129969
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Alberta Canada, Oil Counrty
Vehicle:
2005 Sti
Silver/Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATCanuck View Post
Hmmm... nuthin yet ... dropped that thing off a year ago today . An Ariel Atom is lookin pretty good right abut now... oh wait , maybe a new ski-doo 800 REV ? it is winter after all . or maybe ill stud the tires on my Husquavarna? gotta do something
NOT TO SELF: If getting any work done at FAT, put a time frame/limit on the project cause with this one, not only did the secong coming of Christ happen, he also has left the building with time to spare.

1 full year is what a complete frame up restoration should take. Id ask for a big discount when he shows you the bill.
BigRigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:06 PM   #338
jigga
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 9960
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: in bed...
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX
WRBlue Perl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRigger View Post
NOT TO SELF: If getting any work done at FAT, put a time frame/limit on the project cause with this one, not only did the secong coming of Christ happen, he also has left the building with time to spare.

1 full year is what a complete frame up restoration should take. Id ask for a big discount when he shows you the bill.
@ the second coming of Christ..

This is the problem you run into when you are not actually in the same city as the shop working on the car to keep tabs on things. I know the feeling also.. Small jobs take ages to get done since they know you will not be physically showing up at their door to complain. They are happy to take in new jobs and put your stuff on the back burner since they know it isn't going anywhere.

I find that a surprise trip to see how things are going usually keeps shops on their toes, but in the OP's situation, this might be a bit tough.
jigga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:16 PM   #339
v6eaterWRX
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 233154
Join Date: Dec 2009
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: 20psi and 20mpg
Vehicle:
E85 Kechup VF23/IWG
6MT teh dukeage of pwnijj

Default

So the third coming of Christ is coming up now..... Aaaaany word?
v6eaterWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:56 PM   #340
BigRigger
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 129969
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Alberta Canada, Oil Counrty
Vehicle:
2005 Sti
Silver/Black

Default

Did the car see its own shadow today and decide it will be another 6 weeks until it gets back on the road?
BigRigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:01 PM   #341
FATgc8
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 98838
Join Date: Oct 2005
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: phoenix,AZ
Vehicle:
2005 STi
CGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRigger View Post
Did the car see its own shadow today and decide it will be another 6 weeks until it gets back on the road?

Car will be running in about a week. Do you have any idea what a complete setup like this takes time wise? Have you ever built a complete power plant along these lines? We plan on having everything ready to go by the end of next week.
FATgc8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:02 PM   #342
FATgc8
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 98838
Join Date: Oct 2005
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: phoenix,AZ
Vehicle:
2005 STi
CGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATCanuck View Post
Hmmm... nuthin yet ... dropped that thing off a year ago today . An Ariel Atom is lookin pretty good right abut now... oh wait , maybe a new ski-doo 800 REV ? it is winter after all . or maybe ill stud the tires on my Husquavarna? gotta do something

Ariel Atom< KTM X-Bow
FATgc8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:42 AM   #343
stiffler199
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 177607
Join Date: Apr 2008
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Portland, OR
Vehicle:
2008 GR STI, OBP
Stage 2 , BBS wheels

Default

Now im skeptical. hum, fab done in Nov. and now its Feb.
stiffler199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:08 AM   #344
Phatron
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 36033
Join Date: Apr 2003
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Tuning Lab
Vehicle:
CEO PhatBottiTuning
2006 STi GTX3582 + Meth

Default

@ everyone commenting thats never even had a shortblock done.

You have to realize that if you blow ur car on Jan 1st theres already 50 people ahead of you in the queue at a shop. The shop has to remove your motor and diagnose the problem. So by the time the shop gets to your car its Feb 1st. Then order the pistons, rods, etc etc. Then wait 6-8 weeks to get all ur parts in. March 1st. Then send ur block to a machinist for boring, honing, decking, balancing.......and when ur block and parts get to the machinist ur number 50 in that queue also. April 1st....machinist work starts.

Then by the time the shop gets the motor back and does part of the install and realizes ur missing an oil pump or some misc part....then that has to be ordered and your car sits some more.

The moral of the story is, you have to wait and wait and wait.

Then when ur car gets back together and u start tuning you realize u need bigger injectors.....wait. Apart back together. Now you realize it was the fuel pump. Wait. Now you realize you need a FPR...wait. Tuning.....maxed maf. Bigger intake. wait. etc etc etc.

On top of all that throw a custom dual charged setup in the mix.....wait.

Trust me. I've done alot of waiting.

Unless you're paying extra to skip ahead in line....you'll all wait.

Waiting 6-8 months to do a built motor is not uncommon. People get sick....peoples kids get sick....holidays......waiting on parts...it all adds up.
Phatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:55 AM   #345
LittleBlueGT
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 96204
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Winnipeg
Vehicle:
2013 STI GR
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatron View Post
@ everyone commenting thats never even had a shortblock done.

You have to realize that if you blow ur car on Jan 1st theres already 50 people ahead of you in the queue at a shop. The shop has to remove your motor and diagnose the problem. So by the time the shop gets to your car its Feb 1st. Then order the pistons, rods, etc etc. Then wait 6-8 weeks to get all ur parts in. March 1st. Then send ur block to a machinist for boring, honing, decking, balancing.......and when ur block and parts get to the machinist ur number 50 in that queue also. April 1st....machinist work starts.

Then by the time the shop gets the motor back and does part of the install and realizes ur missing an oil pump or some misc part....then that has to be ordered and your car sits some more.

The moral of the story is, you have to wait and wait and wait.

Then when ur car gets back together and u start tuning you realize u need bigger injectors.....wait. Apart back together. Now you realize it was the fuel pump. Wait. Now you realize you need a FPR...wait. Tuning.....maxed maf. Bigger intake. wait. etc etc etc.

On top of all that throw a custom dual charged setup in the mix.....wait.

Trust me. I've done alot of waiting.

Unless you're paying extra to skip ahead in line....you'll all wait.

Waiting 6-8 months to do a built motor is not uncommon. People get sick....peoples kids get sick....holidays......waiting on parts...it all adds up.
My motor let go on the dyno at the old PDX shop, now Surgeline.

I had a brand new block in in 36 hours and I was off back home.
LittleBlueGT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:19 AM   #346
wrxwhat
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 87653
Join Date: May 2005
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Orlando, FL
Vehicle:
500 hp STI / 1100hp
Supra T / Stock G35

Default

Mine was done in 3 days Lol
wrxwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:47 AM   #347
AZ04STI
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 74098
Join Date: Nov 2004
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Vehicle:
2004 WRX STI
Silver

Default

Your what was done in 3 days? Your custom Fabricated Twin Throttle Body Compound Charged, Fully built race car?

Stuff like this doesn't happen overnight. Read my Thread about how Vivid Racing took over 11 months to build my motor (4 freaking times cause the sleeves kept dropping) until finally a cam came apart because the mechanic forgot to tighten a cam saddle and I took it to another shop (FAT) who built the motor right even though it took another couple months big frickin deal there is 40 ft of snow in Canada right now, not like Dan can drive it.

Point being, it's Dan's car, and FAT is doing the work. So what right do ANY of you have to complain that the car is not done? Just cause you want to see a DYNO sheet or a video were everyone and there brother will chime in with "Ohh I expected more" or "wow for that kind of money I could Ďa had a viper" what the "F" ever. Bunch of keyboard mechanics...

Sure the build is taking a while, but has it ever been done before? No it hasn't. So until someone else builds the exact same setup and builds it faster and better, calm down sheesh.
AZ04STI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:21 AM   #348
Phatron
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 36033
Join Date: Apr 2003
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Tuning Lab
Vehicle:
CEO PhatBottiTuning
2006 STi GTX3582 + Meth

Default Re: Compound charged , fully built .

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxwhat
Mine was done in 3 days Lol
Working at a shop helps
Phatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:55 AM   #349
wrxwhat
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 87653
Join Date: May 2005
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Orlando, FL
Vehicle:
500 hp STI / 1100hp
Supra T / Stock G35

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ04STI View Post
Your what was done in 3 days? Your custom Fabricated Twin Throttle Body Compound Charged, Fully built race car?
No, that was done in 8 days. Was waiting on a clutch.
wrxwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:00 PM   #350
slaytalera
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 163816
Join Date: Nov 2007
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
1999 Legacy Outback
Black

Default

+1 on patience, its not like this is the only project the shop has going on, there are other customers too, and they need to stay in business other wise itll never get done lol
slaytalera is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS/FT : NY: Fully Built 2000 Si Turbo Electron Blue. 21k Miles!! boostaholic84 Private Vehicle 'For Sale' Classifieds 164 09-08-2010 01:59 PM
FS: Compound Charged 2004 STi AaronB Private Vehicle 'For Sale' Classifieds 22 01-06-2007 03:04 AM
Compound charging stock STI? Bc Rich Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.5L Turbo) 21 08-03-2006 01:33 AM
Fully Built JDM 2.0 STI High Revving Engine - Built to Order Gruppe-S Services 15 06-01-2006 03:51 PM
Compound Charge Sti 548 Hp MDJWRX Proven Power Bragging 321 06-08-2005 10:53 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2015 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2015, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.