Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday September 17, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Canada Region Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Regional Areas > Canada Region Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 04-05-2002, 01:17 PM   #1
MarkZ
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 11232
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
2010 Outback 3.6

Default Hamilton area roads and stuff

Hey, where are all the Hamilton ( and area ) people. I keep seeing lots on the roads but zero here in the forums.

Just today saw an old school Impreza chasing me down on the 403/QEW. It was black w/ a 'SCCA' Prorally windshield sticker and yellow mud flaps

Anyhow, what are the good roads in the are. I know of Snake road, Mineral springs & sulfur springs, and an amazing dirt road around Lynden.

The problem with them are the many blind corners.
I'd be cool to have a few drivers and walkie talkies to scout the area as someone drive down it.

I'd like to compile a "complete" list, copy it onto a scanned map then "publish" it online.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
MarkZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 03:18 PM   #2
tekriter
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 13513
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza 2.5 RS
Silver

I live in Hamilton and work in KW. I learned to drive on Mineral. There are lots of good roads around. Finding them on your own is the fun part. I wouldn't like to see any nice backroads publicised. If I am having a "spiritied" drive down my fav road I don't want to meet any amateur street racers in mom's car head on in my lane. The only solution for blind corners is driving w/in your limits. Radios or not, you run the risk of making children into road pizzas. Save the ludicrous speed for the track days and rally sprints.

Watch your a$$ on Mineral. The deer herd is as large as it has ever been and the cops are catching on to the speed freaks.
I had a guy attack my car with a hammer in the Dundas valley saying I was speeding. I was not going fast at all.

I prefer to head up north when I can and stretch my legs on some logging roads. TSC and KWRC sponsor rally sprints all the time, and solo racing.
tekriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 03:32 PM   #3
PIlo101
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 6640
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
'11 WRX 5dr LTD
SWP

I too have the same opinion as Tekriter. i learned to drive on those specific roads even long before I had my licence. In all fairness though, I'd keep the publicity waaaayyyy down about them. There are a small number of us that literally know them blindfolded, and we con't want it ruined by some armchair rally racer. Those roads are absolutly deadly in the day, even going at like 30 kph, the folks that live there also known them well, and will attest to the on-comming danger. Even at night though...deer are a killer!!! And there are a lot of them. Regardless, you need a LOT of light radiating from you car like some small sun to see with any safety. If you head out there, by all means, have fun, be safe and watever you do, don't piss the locals off!!! We haven't at all over the years, which is why we still go shreading, but we don't want it spoiled.

I will say these two things however...
I don't want to be running into some idiot while blasting through, and second, don't say I didn't worn you...for your own good that is .
PIlo101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 05:24 PM   #4
MarkZ
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2002 WRX
2010 Outback 3.6

I never go fast unless I see the whole corner, and slow down when driving by houses. In practice, that means i'm going fast in about 25% ( or less ) of the corners. So you won't come around a corner and see me blasting through.

I think you have to worry more about those nutbars in pickup truck that fly throught there, blind corner or not.

BTW, any of you guys park in the Burlington GO station lot,
also there was a silver RS I saw on the 403 heading to the QEW,( I got off at Waterdown Rd. exit) Thusday morning.
Old 04-05-2002, 06:45 PM   #5
PIlo101
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
'11 WRX 5dr LTD
SWP

Hey Mark, Blue WRX right? That was me, got off at Waterdown Road also, but went North to Hwy. 5. Now isn't that cool.
Old 04-06-2002, 08:50 AM   #6
hayabusa
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 6084

Hey guy's,

I live in Jerseyville (just west of Ancaster). I've seen someone driving a BRP WRX on Jerseyville road turning north on Field road...who is it?

Regards,
Pete.
hayabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 10:04 AM   #7
PIlo101
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
'11 WRX 5dr LTD
SWP

Default We should all meet

No idea, I go through there sometimes, but it's definately not me. He, we should all hook up sometime, I dunno, maybe some cool Sunday drive. I see a few scooby's here and there, but about half of them don't seem interested in even noticing, ie quick flash or a wave. Everywhere else gets together, so why can't this area?
Old 04-06-2002, 11:19 AM   #8
vibe_man_ca
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 15504
Vehicle:
2002 WRX sedan
silver

Have a silver WRX. Live in Ancaster. Brother just bought a blue WRX. Lives in Dundas. Also seen a red one in Dundas and another silver in Ancaster. Maybe we should arrange a meeting, see what interest there is.
vibe_man_ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 03:41 PM   #9
MarkZ
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2002 WRX
2010 Outback 3.6

Could've been me on Jerseyville road, but I don't know all the names of roads & such, is that somewhere between #6 and Dundas, what day was it?

The next time I see a Silver RS ( there seem to be 2 in the area ) I'll be sure and wave.

Anyway I think getting together would be great, as such I'll continue in the other forum.