Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday September 20, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Mid West Subaru Owners Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Mid West Subaru Owners Club Forum -- MWSOC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2013, 06:21 PM   #8451
Shortpersonbk
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 319017
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Michigan
Vehicle:
12 slow sti 6266 e
595/450

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Warned View Post
I am down for some Perrin beers anytime!


Louis,

I plan to hit up Stanton as soon as it stops raining and they open the track up for test & tune.

I will never go to US131 again so you won't see me there.
Whats wrong with 131?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Shortpersonbk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:49 PM   #8452
acmarcus
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 166290
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Grand Rapids
Vehicle:
04 EJ207 GT30R 6MT
SRR Widebody Wagon

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortpersonbk View Post

Whats wrong with 131?
They closed eastbound 196 to north bound 131.
acmarcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:08 PM   #8453
SUBIESKI
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 203783
Join Date: Feb 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Vehicle:
2005 Forester X
RIP 04 WRX Wagon

Default

i think he meant the raceway lol
SUBIESKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:24 PM   #8454
acmarcus
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 166290
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Grand Rapids
Vehicle:
04 EJ207 GT30R 6MT
SRR Widebody Wagon

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBIESKI View Post
i think he meant the raceway lol
Haha I see, I see.
acmarcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:50 PM   #8455
runnerb240
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 180394
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Caledonia, Michigan
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisty View Post
Most of us do it ourselves. Yank the engine and swap it yourself if you're already used to pulling engines. I had everything disconnected, pulled, swapped, reinstalled and connected in less than 4 hours.
I'm not used to pulling engines (never done it before or have the tools for that). I read on the forums about a method of moving the engine and transmission forward 6 inches and then backing off the tranny. This method sounds the easiest.
runnerb240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:01 PM   #8456
Shortpersonbk
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 319017
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Michigan
Vehicle:
12 slow sti 6266 e
595/450

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnerb240 View Post
I'm not used to pulling engines (never done it before or have the tools for that). I read on the forums about a method of moving the engine and transmission forward 6 inches and then backing off the tranny. This method sounds the easiest.
Just realized your from Caledionia :O ....out here we Drive MERICAN no slowbarus aloud
Shortpersonbk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:06 PM   #8457
Travisty
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 241216
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Vehicle:
1995 LX Wagon
2013 SWP BRZ

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnerb240 View Post
I'm not used to pulling engines (never done it before or have the tools for that). I read on the forums about a method of moving the engine and transmission forward 6 inches and then backing off the tranny. This method sounds the easiest.
I've done all three normal methods: Pull the engine and trans as a unit, pull just the trans, or pull just the engine. The last was the easiest and least time consuming.

Bring your car over to my house and we can pull everything and swap clutches in my driveway in an afternoon. You supply the beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortpersonbk View Post
Just realized your from Caledionia :O ....out here we Drive MERICAN no slowbarus aloud
Travisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:09 PM   #8458
Shortpersonbk
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 319017
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Michigan
Vehicle:
12 slow sti 6266 e
595/450

Default

Ha i joke, but i have had people tell me that before -_-

he drove a f150 with a big red sticker on the back that said Red Neck Cadillac
Shortpersonbk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:21 PM   #8459
Travisty
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 241216
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Vehicle:
1995 LX Wagon
2013 SWP BRZ

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortpersonbk View Post
Ha i joke, but i have had people tell me that before -_-

he drove a f150 with a big red sticker on the back that said Red Neck Cadillac
Sheesh, at least stay in the same family of vehicles if you're going to run that sticker. I could see if it said "Red Neck Lincoln," but Cadillac is just foolish.
Travisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:22 PM   #8460
runnerb240
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 180394
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Caledonia, Michigan
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisty View Post
I've done all three normal methods: Pull the engine and trans as a unit, pull just the trans, or pull just the engine. The last was the easiest and least time consuming.

Bring your car over to my house and we can pull everything and swap clutches in my driveway in an afternoon. You supply the beer.



Sounds like a good deal to me, just tell me what your favorite beer is! If you are serious I will get the parts on order and we can set up a time to do the swap.
runnerb240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:24 PM   #8461
Travisty
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 241216
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Vehicle:
1995 LX Wagon
2013 SWP BRZ

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnerb240 View Post
Sounds like a good deal to me, just tell me what your favorite beer is! If you are serious I will get the parts on order and we can set up a time to do the swap.
Of course I'm serious. What's your time-frame for getting this done? I'd prefer to wait out this next week of ****ty weather, but beyond that I'm open. I like craft brews, pretty much anything from Founder's.

If this works out well for everyone else I could bust out the grill and have a little meet at my house and BBQ thing. :P
Travisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:25 PM   #8462
runnerb240
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 180394
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Caledonia, Michigan
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortpersonbk View Post
Just realized your from Caledionia :O ....out here we Drive MERICAN no slowbarus aloud
I just moved to Caledonia last December (from Grandville). Definitely a lot of Ford and Chevy trucks around here.
runnerb240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:29 PM   #8463
runnerb240
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 180394
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Caledonia, Michigan
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisty View Post
Of course I'm serious. What's your time-frame for getting this done? I'd prefer to wait out this next week of ****ty weather, but beyond that I'm open. I like craft brews, pretty much anything from Founder's.

If this works out well for everyone else I could bust out the grill and have a little meet at my house and BBQ thing. :P
Not a huge rush. It's my daily driver so I can wait as long as the clutch holds up. It doesn't slip too bad yet. I am thinking maybe sometime in the next 2-4 weeks.
runnerb240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:38 PM   #8464
Travisty
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 241216
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Vehicle:
1995 LX Wagon
2013 SWP BRZ

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnerb240 View Post
Not a huge rush. It's my daily driver so I can wait as long as the clutch holds up. It doesn't slip too bad yet. I am thinking maybe sometime in the next 2-4 weeks.
I'm busy this weekend with Aron, next weekend I'll be out of town, but after that I'm free. So let's tentatively plan on that, the first weekend of May?
Travisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:50 PM   #8465
sackytar
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 149262
Join Date: May 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Grand Rapids MI
Vehicle:
03WR Rally/XTDD/98SJ
PrimerGrey

Default

I officially have 5 sets of wheels and 24 tires what the **** is wrong with me.
sackytar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:59 PM   #8466
runnerb240
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 180394
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Caledonia, Michigan
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisty View Post
I'm busy this weekend with Aron, next weekend I'll be out of town, but after that I'm free. So let's tentatively plan on that, the first weekend of May?
That works for me. I will get the parts on order and tentatively plan on the first weekend in May. What you you recommend about resurfacing the flywheel? Should I find a used one and get it resurfaced ahead of time? What do you normally do?
runnerb240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:05 PM   #8467
SUBIESKI
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 203783
Join Date: Feb 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Vehicle:
2005 Forester X
RIP 04 WRX Wagon

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisty View Post
If this works out well for everyone else I could bust out the grill and have a little meet at my house and BBQ thing. :P
That would be cool, if i'm available i can lend a hand as well.



Anybody have any good tips for prepping wheels for paint?
SUBIESKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:10 PM   #8468
Travisty
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 241216
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Vehicle:
1995 LX Wagon
2013 SWP BRZ

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sackytar View Post
I officially have 5 sets of wheels and 24 tires what the **** is wrong with me.
I need some summer wheels, whatchoo got mang?

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnerb240 View Post
That works for me. I will get the parts on order and tentatively plan on the first weekend in May. What you you recommend about resurfacing the flywheel? Should I find a used one and get it resurfaced ahead of time? What do you normally do?
For how cheap it is, I'd just buy a new one. From what I've heard, I'd stay away from the super lightweight units. What kind of clutch are you going with? You can pick up something like this for relatively cheap:
Cliiiiiicky
Travisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:12 PM   #8469
Travisty
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 241216
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Vehicle:
1995 LX Wagon
2013 SWP BRZ

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBIESKI View Post
That would be cool, if i'm available i can lend a hand as well.



Anybody have any good tips for prepping wheels for paint?
Paint, or Plasti Dip?

Paint = Scuff with Scotch Brite, wash with mild soap and water, then let air dry (mind your oily hands)

Plasti Dip = Clean the wheels really well, but keep your surface as smooth as possible so's you can peel it off later.
Travisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:20 PM   #8470
SUBIESKI
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 203783
Join Date: Feb 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Vehicle:
2005 Forester X
RIP 04 WRX Wagon

Default

Paint:
Looking at this color

SUBIESKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:24 PM   #8471
runnerb240
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 180394
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Caledonia, Michigan
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisty View Post

For how cheap it is, I'd just buy a new one. From what I've heard, I'd stay away from the super lightweight units. What kind of clutch are you going with? You can pick up something like this for relatively cheap:
Cliiiiiicky
I was just going to get an OEM Subaru clutch. Are those ebay clutches any good?
runnerb240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:27 PM   #8472
SUBIESKI
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 203783
Join Date: Feb 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Vehicle:
2005 Forester X
RIP 04 WRX Wagon

Default

Exedy makes the oem clutches
SUBIESKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:14 AM   #8473
Travisty
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 241216
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Vehicle:
1995 LX Wagon
2013 SWP BRZ

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnerb240 View Post

I was just going to get an OEM Subaru clutch. Are those ebay clutches any good?
That "eBay" clutch is actually an Exedy unit, just being sold on eBay.

That color would look awesome Eric! Green and WRB are a great color combo.

Last edited by Travisty; 04-16-2013 at 07:31 AM.
Travisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:12 AM   #8474
kayen
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 57287
Join Date: Mar 2004
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Vehicle:
2002 Bugeye STi
MY03 Fozzy XS

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBIESKI View Post
Paint:
Looking at this color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisty View Post
That "eBay" church is actually an Exedy unit, just being sold on eBay.

That color would look awesome Eric! Green and WRB are a great color combo.
I agree, green is a fantastic color for wheels on WRB. Couple pictures from my two different color green winter setups.

2010 Winter Setup


2011 and 2012 Winter Setup, no pictures on car (Paint started off as Fluorescent Green than applied a Black Clear Coat)
kayen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:17 AM   #8475
kayen
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 57287
Join Date: Mar 2004
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Vehicle:
2002 Bugeye STi
MY03 Fozzy XS

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisty View Post
I need some summer wheels, whatchoo got mang?
I have a set of Silver SSR GT7's 18x8 with 225/40/18 Dunlop Star Specs with approximately 7/32nd of tread left. Looking to sell them for $900, PM me if you are interested.

kayen is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone here from the Grand Rapids, Holland, or Muskegon MI areas? Scooby do Mid West Subaru Owners Club Forum -- MWSOC 19 05-25-2012 02:09 PM
Good alignment shops in the Grand Rapids/Muskegon areas? Paradenu Mid West Subaru Owners Club Forum -- MWSOC 3 12-08-2006 01:20 PM
Anyone close to Grand Rapids going to the Ojibwe ProRally? penjaja Mid West Subaru Owners Club Forum -- MWSOC 4 08-13-2002 01:55 AM
Grand Rapids metroplanner Mid West Subaru Owners Club Forum -- MWSOC 0 06-15-2001 05:00 AM
Grand Rapids MI Autocross Scooby do General Forum Archive 0 09-27-2000 03:26 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.