Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday July 31, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Mid West Subaru Owners Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Mid West Subaru Owners Club Forum -- MWSOC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2013, 11:41 AM   #10451
dylanhauge
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 145072
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Schaumburg, IL
Vehicle:
2005 STU/ASP STI
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortpersonbk View Post
400whp on e-85
Up to 500 now (On an Auto Trans too) --- I gotta get that graph updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT_2_WRX View Post
I still think you would be so much further ahead if you bought slightly used if you plan on boosting this BRZ soon and completely voiding your warranty...now if you were to buy new and drive it 50k miles before boosting it then it makes a little more sense IMHO...
The P&L kit requires no body modifications so you can revert to stock rather easily.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
dylanhauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:54 PM   #10452
Layvon
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 195711
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cadillac MI
Vehicle:
STi 04/05/06/07
JBP / OBP for now

Default

Was yours recently down there? How's 500gp feel with that thing.

Did you do the install yourself? Honestly $5000 is such a good price for that kit $5,000 for 500 horse on top of a relatively cheap car. Gosh Subaru is good
Layvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:19 PM   #10453
Travisty
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 241216
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Vehicle:
1995 LX Wagon
2013 SWP BRZ

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layvon View Post
Was yours recently down there? How's 500gp feel with that thing.

Did you do the install yourself? Honestly $5000 is such a good price for that kit $5,000 for 500 horse on top of a relatively cheap car. Gosh Subaru is good
5000 is base.. You have to pay for injectors, fuel pump, ECUtek license and cable, and blow off still. All up you're near 8k.
Travisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:19 PM   #10454
motocooney
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 176235
Join Date: Apr 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
09 Mazdaspeed3

Default

Hey Aron, do u think I could grab that fender roller from you sometime?
I don't have your number anymore or I'd call ya lol
Thanks
motocooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:32 PM   #10455
Shortpersonbk
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 319017
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Michigan
Vehicle:
91 Miata
slow sti 6266 e-85

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisty View Post

5000 is base.. You have to pay for injectors, fuel pump, ECUtek license and cable, and blow off still. All up you're near 8k.
And its still cheaper than making a wrx or a Sti make close to 500whp and have it there for more then a couple hundred hard driven miles.

Shoot just building a motor will cost more then that
Shortpersonbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:37 PM   #10456
bikerwriter
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 113125
Join Date: Apr 2006
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Vehicle:
2005 Saabaru Stage 3

Default

Woot! I just moved to Grand Rapids and there's a Subie thread! Score!
bikerwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:38 PM   #10457
Shortpersonbk
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 319017
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Michigan
Vehicle:
91 Miata
slow sti 6266 e-85

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerwriter View Post
Woot! I just moved to Grand Rapids and there's a Subie thread! Score!
Don't get to excited we are terrible people.
Shortpersonbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:47 PM   #10458
Travisty
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 241216
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Vehicle:
1995 LX Wagon
2013 SWP BRZ

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerwriter View Post
Woot! I just moved to Grand Rapids and there's a Subie thread! Score!
Don't listen to junior.. He's still pissy because of his Saabaru.

Welcome Bike Writer, you just missed an impromptu meet last night.
Travisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:55 PM   #10459
Layvon
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 195711
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cadillac MI
Vehicle:
STi 04/05/06/07
JBP / OBP for now

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortpersonbk View Post

And its still cheaper than making a wrx or a Sti make close to 500whp and have it there for more then a couple hundred hard driven miles.

Shoot just building a motor will cost more then that


Making fun of me !?
Layvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:56 PM   #10460
Layvon
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 195711
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cadillac MI
Vehicle:
STi 04/05/06/07
JBP / OBP for now

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisty View Post

5000 is base.. You have to pay for injectors, fuel pump, ECUtek license and cable, and blow off still. All up you're near 8k.
No doubt but still cheap. Do you have to do injectors even though the BRZ is direct injected? How does that work

Although it would be part of the upfront cost I don't associate the cost of an access port with the cost of building a motor so I didn't really consider that but I guess you're right lol I'm blabbing bored driving sick of going to Cincinnati blah
Layvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:00 PM   #10461
Shortpersonbk
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 319017
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Michigan
Vehicle:
91 Miata
slow sti 6266 e-85

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisty View Post

Don't listen to junior.. He's still pissy because of his Saabaru.

Welcome Bike Writer, you just missed an impromptu meet last night.
Found out it was electrical harness melted thru in spots that weren't even near the fire :s. example my fender well melted around that harness. But not in other spots all the way thru. Don't understand how that happend.

And Layvon wasn't directed towards u in pretty sure there's close $8,000 in junk in that Saab and it sure dont make 500whp and sure wouldn't hold it.
Shortpersonbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:02 PM   #10462
Layvon
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 195711
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cadillac MI
Vehicle:
STi 04/05/06/07
JBP / OBP for now

Default

Good cause mine made600 for a couple hundred miles :Lol:
Layvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:07 PM   #10463
Shortpersonbk
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 319017
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Michigan
Vehicle:
91 Miata
slow sti 6266 e-85

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layvon View Post
Good cause mine made600 for a couple hundred miles :Lol:
Don't say things that make me jelly
Shortpersonbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:11 PM   #10464
Travisty
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 241216
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Vehicle:
1995 LX Wagon
2013 SWP BRZ

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layvon View Post

No doubt but still cheap. Do you have to do injectors even though the BRZ is direct injected? How does that work

Although it would be part of the upfront cost I don't associate the cost of an access port with the cost of building a motor so I didn't really consider that but I guess you're right lol I'm blabbing bored driving sick of going to Cincinnati blah
It is direct injected, but to combat carbon build up on the intake valves it has a set of low pressure port injectors that spray fuel. Those are upgraded when you do bigger injectors.


You're right though Louis: the fact that these engines are reliable in the 450-500whp range with no internal work is absurd. And now I don't have to worry about the transmission! If I make too much power, I'll just blow the wheels off.
Travisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:19 PM   #10465
Layvon
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 195711
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cadillac MI
Vehicle:
STi 04/05/06/07
JBP / OBP for now

Default

Oh okay got you I never knew that. I know the carbon buildup is one of the downfalls of direct injection I'm pleased to hear that they found a way to work around it. Is the 6 speed that is in the BRZ the same thing or similar that comes in the STI? Obviouslydo something for only having an output shaft and no front drive train but the guts of it similar?
Layvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:19 PM   #10466
Shortpersonbk
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 319017
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Michigan
Vehicle:
91 Miata
slow sti 6266 e-85

Default

Those motors need to hurry and come in a wrx/sti.
Shortpersonbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:23 PM   #10467
kayen
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 57287
Join Date: Mar 2004
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Vehicle:
2002 Bugeye STi
MY03 Fozzy XS

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisty View Post

It is direct injected, but to combat carbon build up on the intake valves it has a set of low pressure port injectors that spray fuel. Those are upgraded when you do bigger injectors.

You're right though Louis: the fact that these engines are reliable in the 450-500whp range with no internal work is absurd. And now I don't have to worry about the transmission! If I make too much power, I'll just blow the wheels off.
You should just build it be an SM National AutoX Beast. Ok that becomes a very costly venture. However I would think we will start seeing them there in the next year or so. I think they are really going to screw with SM class. By that they are going to dominate that class and it is going to become the go to car for those willing to spend that kind of money.
kayen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:28 PM   #10468
Travisty
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 241216
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Vehicle:
1995 LX Wagon
2013 SWP BRZ

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layvon View Post
Oh okay got you I never knew that. I know the carbon buildup is one of the downfalls of direct injection I'm pleased to hear that they found a way to work around it. Is the 6 speed that is in the BRZ the same thing or similar that comes in the STI? Obviouslydo something for only having an output shaft and no front drive train but the guts of it similar?
Negative ghost rider, it's a Toyota transmission, which is why it shifts so well and doesn't bork itself all the time, haha

Kayen: I need to do at least one event before I start trying to dominate people, haha

Although it only took one event in the Saabaru to know I wanted to do more, so maybe that's all it will take for me to tear this down and start building it like Levon, lol
Travisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:29 PM   #10469
Travisty
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 241216
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Vehicle:
1995 LX Wagon
2013 SWP BRZ

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortpersonbk View Post
Those motors need to hurry and come in a wrx/sti.
The boosted engines are FB's though, aren't they? Kayen can you confirm?

I thought the FB is the new EJ, and the FA.is only spec'd for the BRZ?
Travisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:47 PM   #10470
snowboarder991
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 233705
Join Date: Dec 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: flint MI
Vehicle:
2013 STi
dk grey metallic

Default

Sigh, I've been waiting almost a ****ing month to get wheels from Ravspec, wheels they had in stock and all i wanted was a powder coating on them. They said they'd have them today, now they're telling me next week......rage is building.
snowboarder991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:47 PM   #10471
Layvon
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 195711
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cadillac MI
Vehicle:
STi 04/05/06/07
JBP / OBP for now

Default

If they release a boosted BRZ before assembly starts I'm gonna have a hard time sticking with my car.
Layvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:57 PM   #10472
Shortpersonbk
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 319017
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Michigan
Vehicle:
91 Miata
slow sti 6266 e-85

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layvon View Post
If they release a boosted BRZ before assembly starts I'm gonna have a hard time sticking with my car.
I'm pretty sure they arnt I remember some announcement stating there would be none and the Sti one only has suspension and other little things.
Shortpersonbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:01 PM   #10473
Travisty
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 241216
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Vehicle:
1995 LX Wagon
2013 SWP BRZ

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortpersonbk View Post

I'm pretty sure they arnt I remember some announcement stating there would be none and the Sti one only has suspension and other little things.
That's only a STi Ts, not a true STi like we're used to.

It's like a Camaro RS compared to a SS.

I see boost in this cars future, but it won't be for another year (2015 models due October 2014). Toyota has said they're working on upping the power, but they're looking at bigger engines, turbo, super, or a hybrid system.
Travisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:45 PM   #10474
Layvon
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 195711
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cadillac MI
Vehicle:
STi 04/05/06/07
JBP / OBP for now

Default

I hope they do not super charge on a four cylinder motor, they did it on the cobalt and look how that worked out for Chevy. Parasitic boosting for a small motor is not worth it.

I was reading a article the other day about supercharger on a viper I think, & I believe the supercharger itself took 100 horsepower to run the damn thing. Exhaust is free I like turbos. They do come with their own pros and con list but overall I like them much better. Enough of that Let us just boost that BRZ Travis!
Layvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:50 PM   #10475
Shortpersonbk
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 319017
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Michigan
Vehicle:
91 Miata
slow sti 6266 e-85

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layvon View Post
I hope they do not super charge on a four cylinder motor, they did it on the cobalt and look how that worked out for Chevy. Parasitic boosting for a small motor is not worth it.

I was reading a article the other day about supercharger on a viper I think, & I believe the supercharger itself took 100 horsepower to run the damn thing. Exhaust is free I like turbos. They do come with their own pros and con list but overall I like them much better. Enough of that Let us just boost that BRZ Travis!
Trd already has a supercharger for the car.
Shortpersonbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone here from the Grand Rapids, Holland, or Muskegon MI areas? Scooby do Mid West Subaru Owners Club Forum -- MWSOC 19 05-25-2012 02:09 PM
Good alignment shops in the Grand Rapids/Muskegon areas? Paradenu Mid West Subaru Owners Club Forum -- MWSOC 3 12-08-2006 01:20 PM
Anyone close to Grand Rapids going to the Ojibwe ProRally? penjaja Mid West Subaru Owners Club Forum -- MWSOC 4 08-13-2002 01:55 AM
Grand Rapids metroplanner Mid West Subaru Owners Club Forum -- MWSOC 0 06-15-2001 05:00 AM
Grand Rapids MI Autocross Scooby do General Forum Archive 0 09-27-2000 03:26 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.