Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday July 24, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Mid West Subaru Owners Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Mid West Subaru Owners Club Forum -- MWSOC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2009, 02:30 AM   #126
Hille
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 131779
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Stevens Point, WI
Vehicle:
2005 Evolution 8.5
Silver

Default

10pm. Ice rallycross on Lake DuBay.

This will be a powderpuff event so the ladies will be first in line. Guys can work runs in between their time on the track.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Hille; 02-27-2009 at 12:52 PM.
Hille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:14 AM   #127
Stizmm
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 202301
Join Date: Feb 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Stevens Point WI
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hille View Post
10pm. Ice rallycross on Lake Winnebago.

This will be a powderpuff event so the ladies will be first in line. Guys can work runs in between their time on the track.
Saturday or Friday? Do you mean Lake Dubay?
Stizmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:16 AM   #128
Draven8795
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 165834
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Vehicle:
06 STI
CGM

Default

Andy,
Did you get your accessport installed yet?
Draven8795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:25 AM   #129
Draven8795
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 165834
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Vehicle:
06 STI
CGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hille View Post
Welding? Shouldn't it all just bolt together?

If you have to weld I'd slap Kronztek a few $$$ to use his hoist. It will make the job sooo much easier.
Is that the guy that has VPT or whatever it is in Point by County Market? I know chad went there and liked the guys work.
Draven8795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:32 AM   #130
Stizmm
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 202301
Join Date: Feb 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Stevens Point WI
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draven8795 View Post
Andy,
Did you get your accessport installed yet?
Not yet, maybe tonight i can get it from Scrad. I havent had much time lately, but tonight I am free so we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draven8795 View Post
Is that the guy that has VPT or whatever it is in Point by County Market? I know chad went there and liked the guys work.
Yes thats VPT, he does some good welding.
Stizmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:54 AM   #131
Draven8795
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 165834
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Vehicle:
06 STI
CGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizmm View Post
Not yet, maybe tonight i can get it from Scrad. I havent had much time lately, but tonight I am free so we'll see.



Yes thats VPT, he does some good welding.

Any idea when you are going to install your exhaust? The guy that owns crawford performance said that he connected his exhaust system to the stock dp which is how I want to run for now so maybe we could try and do them both at the same time? just an option.
Draven8795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:14 PM   #132
Stizmm
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 202301
Join Date: Feb 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Stevens Point WI
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draven8795 View Post
Any idea when you are going to install your exhaust? The guy that owns crawford performance said that he connected his exhaust system to the stock dp which is how I want to run for now so maybe we could try and do them both at the same time? just an option.
I will be waiting till I return from my FL road trip with the subie. I'd rather not listen to the loud drowning exhaust for the long trip. If you want, bring your subie over and we'll put that exhaust on Sunday.
Stizmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:53 PM   #133
Hille
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 131779
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Stevens Point, WI
Vehicle:
2005 Evolution 8.5
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizmm View Post
Saturday or Friday? Do you mean Lake Dubay?
Yeah I meant Lake DuBay and it will be on Friday night. Sorry.

Saturday evening we will be on Lake Winnebago with FVSCC.
Hille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:55 PM   #134
Hille
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 131779
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Stevens Point, WI
Vehicle:
2005 Evolution 8.5
Silver

Default

Draven - Are you coming out tonight with the Honda? You should. It's a lot of fun and this will probably be one of the last times well be going out on the ice.
Hille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:20 PM   #135
Draven8795
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 165834
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Vehicle:
06 STI
CGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hille View Post
Draven - Are you coming out tonight with the Honda? You should. It's a lot of fun and this will probably be one of the last times well be going out on the ice.

No unfortunetly I'm going up north to finally get my car back.

Actually what I should say is I can't even start the honda because I left my keys at a buddys house in MN and apparently he doesn't know how to use the US Postal Service because he mailed them last week and I still don't have them.

Last edited by Draven8795; 02-27-2009 at 02:46 PM. Reason: no keys
Draven8795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:22 PM   #136
Draven8795
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 165834
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Vehicle:
06 STI
CGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizmm View Post
I will be waiting till I return from my FL road trip with the subie. I'd rather not listen to the loud drowning exhaust for the long trip. If you want, bring your subie over and we'll put that exhaust on Sunday.

Ill let you know. I think i need to get some gaskets since I think i should replace the donut gasket on the downpipe and I'm not sure where to get one yet. When you heading to florida
Draven8795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:33 PM   #137
Stizmm
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 202301
Join Date: Feb 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Stevens Point WI
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draven8795 View Post
No unfortunetly I'm going up north to finally get my car back.

Actually what I should say is I can't even start the honda because I left my keys at a buddys house in MN and apparently he doesn't know how to use the US Postal Service because he mailed them last week and I still don't have them.
Call Honda and tell them you lost the key, have them make you a new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draven8795 View Post
Ill let you know. I think i need to get some gaskets since I think i should replace the donut gasket on the downpipe and I'm not sure where to get one yet. When you heading to florida
I am headed to FL on March 11th.
Stizmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:47 PM   #138
Draven8795
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 165834
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Vehicle:
06 STI
CGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizmm View Post
Call Honda and tell them you lost the key, have them make you a new one.



I am headed to FL on March 11th.

Yea my dad informed me of getting a new key from honda. Don't they ask for proof that you own the car or anything?

I think the spare set that I had my dad pocketed last time he was at my house so I think they are in eagle river. If thats not the case Im going to call honda.

I think Ill order all the gaskets on Monday and then when I get them we can plan some time if your still up for it. Chad would probably be up for it to depending on his work schedule. I'm gone next weekend myself.
Draven8795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 07:08 PM   #139
Scrad
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 174575
Join Date: Mar 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Plover, Wisconsin
Vehicle:
05 LGT to 08 3.0R
Deep Bronze Metallic

Default

Mike just re-use the stock doughnut gasket. They are expensive and we will probably have to use a flat gasket and the doughnut together to work right. The only time you'd need a gasket is when you take the DP off. But you can get away with re-using the stock DP gasket a few times before it starts to leak.

I could do the exhaust on Monday or Tuesday.
Scrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 10:31 AM   #140
Stizmm
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 202301
Join Date: Feb 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Stevens Point WI
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draven8795 View Post
Yea my dad informed me of getting a new key from honda. Don't they ask for proof that you own the car or anything?

I think the spare set that I had my dad pocketed last time he was at my house so I think they are in eagle river. If thats not the case Im going to call honda.

I think Ill order all the gaskets on Monday and then when I get them we can plan some time if your still up for it. Chad would probably be up for it to depending on his work schedule. I'm gone next weekend myself.
Sometimes they ask you to fax a copy of the title over to them, but most of the time they donít. I've done it a few times already.


Well, last night after picking up the AP from Scrad, i got a little ahead of myself and wanted to put the exhaust on. So I did, however it was more as a "test fitment." For the most part the cheap eBay exhaust fit alright, except for a few small things. One or 2 of the hangers are a bit long and may tap part of the chassis. Also it is very close to the rear undertray diffuser so trimming that up may be necessary. Also some heat shield modifications were needed for the downpipe. All in all, for $280 shipped, itís worth it. Itís a bit loud for hwy use without the silencer, but not too bad.

I will be taking the exhaust back off and putting the stock stuff back in for my trip to FL and at the same time, fix a few little things on the cheap eBay exhaust for better fitment.
Stizmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 12:07 PM   #141
Hille
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 131779
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Stevens Point, WI
Vehicle:
2005 Evolution 8.5
Silver

Default

It looked like it fit pretty good. Wasn't hanging down or anything.

Also throws nice fireballs.
Hille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 06:20 PM   #142
Draven8795
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 165834
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Vehicle:
06 STI
CGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrad View Post
Mike just re-use the stock doughnut gasket. They are expensive and we will probably have to use a flat gasket and the doughnut together to work right. The only time you'd need a gasket is when you take the DP off. But you can get away with re-using the stock DP gasket a few times before it starts to leak.

I could do the exhaust on Monday or Tuesday.
OK, I wasn't sure if the donut gasket could be reused. If your up for it we could probably do it on Monday night. Just let me know. Ive only got one 3 inch 2 bolt gasket so if we need one for the mid pipe to dp connection Id have to get another one.
Draven8795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:24 PM   #143
Scrad
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 174575
Join Date: Mar 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Plover, Wisconsin
Vehicle:
05 LGT to 08 3.0R
Deep Bronze Metallic

Default

I'll have to talk to the wifey and see if we can do that on Monday. She has been mad at me for all the time I've been spending on my car and not with her and the baby.

But let's plan on it say about 7pm. Maybe earlier if she doesn't care that I come over and help you.
Scrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:00 PM   #144
matthewhiggins118
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 197478
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Wittenberg.Wi
Vehicle:
2003 Wrx
Sedona Red

Default Wittenberg

Hi my name is Matt i live in wittenberg wi and have a 03 wrx sedona red with carbon fiber hood turboxs blowoff valve and full turbo back invidia exhaust check it out on cardomain http://www.cardomain.com/id/matthewhiggins11
matthewhiggins118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:29 PM   #145
benben84
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 198288
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Vehicle:
2000 Forester L
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewhiggins118 View Post
Hi my name is Matt i live in wittenberg wi and have a 03 wrx sedona red with carbon fiber hood turboxs blowoff valve and full turbo back invidia exhaust check it out on cardomain http://www.cardomain.com/id/matthewhiggins11
Welcome! I really like that color! It was between that color and white when I was looking into getting a bugeye!
benben84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 03:17 PM   #146
Draven8795
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 165834
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Vehicle:
06 STI
CGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrad View Post
I'll have to talk to the wifey and see if we can do that on Monday. She has been mad at me for all the time I've been spending on my car and not with her and the baby.

But let's plan on it say about 7pm. Maybe earlier if she doesn't care that I come over and help you.
Ok just let me know. Ill get all the water pushed out of the garage and then dry it out some.
Draven8795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 03:24 PM   #147
Draven8795
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 165834
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Vehicle:
06 STI
CGM

Default

Andy were you at Charcaol Grill today? I was at the lowes parking lot and thought I heard a sooby rumble from a distance but didn't see it and when we left the g/f said hey theres a car like yours.

Chad and I are looking at installing my exhaust monday if your interested.
Draven8795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:02 PM   #148
matthewhiggins118
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 197478
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Wittenberg.Wi
Vehicle:
2003 Wrx
Sedona Red

Default thanks

Hey thanks is there many suby meets around here and where is the best place to get mine tuned
matthewhiggins118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 07:03 PM   #149
Stizmm
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 202301
Join Date: Feb 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Stevens Point WI
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewhiggins118 View Post
Hey thanks is there many suby meets around here
I am sure we will get some meets together this summer.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Draven8795 View Post
Andy were you at Charcaol Grill today? I was at the lowes parking lot and thought I heard a sooby rumble from a distance but didn't see it and when we left the g/f said hey theres a car like yours.

Chad and I are looking at installing my exhaust monday if your interested.
ha yup that was me. yeah the exhaust is a bit loud so I'm sure you could here it if you are within 10 miles from me. where are you installing the exhaust? I will see if i can make it. i may have to stay in marshfield tomorrow night.
Stizmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 07:32 PM   #150
matthewhiggins118
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 197478
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Wittenberg.Wi
Vehicle:
2003 Wrx
Sedona Red

Default

a nice pic of my car
matthewhiggins118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where is the NE Wisconsin thread?? All I could find was this awesome thread! jasonspeed Mid West Subaru Owners Club Forum -- MWSOC 9235 05-24-2012 02:28 PM
Where is the official NE Wisconsin thread??? All I could find was this crappy thread! adeliciouspizza Mid West Subaru Owners Club Forum -- MWSOC 8157 03-04-2010 11:23 AM
The NW Wisconsin Thread DaRTHReX Mid West Subaru Owners Club Forum -- MWSOC 4 05-02-2009 11:03 AM
South Central Wisconsin Race Gas Quest Saucemaxx Mid West Subaru Owners Club Forum -- MWSOC 12 08-08-2006 11:12 PM
Sunday, Sunday, SUNDAY! Autocross at central Wisconsin! stiguy555 Mid West Subaru Owners Club Forum -- MWSOC 2 04-30-2004 07:57 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.