Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday July 30, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Subaru Conversions

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:24 PM   #1
MasterKwan
Scooby Guru

Member#: 98961
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2003 WRX
Black

Default Air bad opinion needed

I'm swapping 05 STI to 03 WRX, have the parts car sitting right next to the patient. I'm switching the entire harness which included the Airbags. I'm going to use my 03 bags and seat belt retractors though. They changed the connectors on the seat belts though. My plan is to use butt connectors with built in solder (heat the whole thing to join) and use the new harness with the old seat belts.

Any opinions? Probably not the safest thing in the world but, it's also just the seat belt tensioners. (Crap I haven't checked the seat, bag connectors).

Dooh - Title needs fixing.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
MasterKwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:18 PM   #2
nick42010
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 114933
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
alot of
escalades

You should just be able to run your WRX airbag harness, it will plug into the WRX airbag controller or the STI one. I am in the middle of my WRX to 01 RS swap and the airbag harnesses on both cars have the same plugs so I will be using the RS harness and controller in conjunction with my WRX dash due to the fact that I don't feel like hooking up the WRX seat airbags.
nick42010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:48 PM   #3
MasterKwan
Scooby Guru

Member#: 98961
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2003 WRX
Black

Appreciate the post.

It's the seat belt retractor connectors that are different. The WRX has seat belt retractors and seat airbags in addition to the front airbags. The belt connectors switched from a square 2 pin to a round 2 pin. I've pretty much decided to splice it at this point. The harness for the airbags and retractors is fairly integrated with the rest of the harness so, you're correct, I could split out the yellow wires and run just the WRX harness.

I'll consider it. My primary question is what's the opinion of splicing the airbag/retracter harness?
MasterKwan is offline   Reply With Quote