Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday July 31, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Classifieds > Private Vehicle 'For Sale' Classifieds

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 02-21-2009, 12:58 AM   #1
07STi8u
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 158499
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
'07 STi
Pearl White

Default FS 2007 Satin Pearl White STi

I have been trying to sell my car since I parked it a month ago and I think this economy is against me. Well, at least I hope that’s it. I feel I’ve priced my car right for the market and condition of the car. What I really would like is a non-biased opinion from someone other than Carmax. They can get you pissed in a hurry when they hit you with a ridiculously low offer. I know it’s there job to turn a profit. I’m just saying, they irritate me with their “Fair Market Value” speech after they just took a spin in my car,….. without me,….. for about 10 minutes….. Man, I know that dude had too much fun with it, he was grinning ear to ear when he pulled in! I would absolutely HATE to see some place like Carmax get this awesome car knowing they really won’t appreciate it. This car should go to an enthusiast.

Anyway, I digress. Here’s the 411:

It’s a Pearl White ’07 STi with 50K adult driven highway miles (I live in PA, work in MD). Gently used, never abused. I drive about 130-150 miles round trip daily. A little road rash on the front right corner, nothing serious. This car is truly in wonderful condition. In fact it still has the OEM Turbo, IC, Injectors, Cooling system, brake pads, clutch, sound system, suspension and everything else not listed as a “Mod”. Also, a brand new set of Bridgestone Blizzak LM25’s (less than 2k on them now) were put on for the winter. The OEM Bridgestone Potenza RE070’s lasted till about 48K. PA yearly inspections and emissions can be a hassle. But they do make sure your car is in good running condition.

All the modifications are minimal & tasteful with keeping in mind that the car is already great, just needed some character enhancement in a few areas. Like the DEFI center mount gauge pod with matching amber back lit, black faced DEFI Boost, Oil Press and EGT gauges. A no-brainer, right? (Carmax didn’t think so). I also sprung for the DEFI D-Link II Control Unit, conveniently mounted and hidden in the glove box. That mod was $1500 and a must have, anyone would agree to that. What, NO freaking boost gauge!?!?! The MOTUL (properly weighted) complete synthetic fluid swaps (motor every 3K, brakes, tranny, diffs) was also a great investment. I noticed a 1.5 mpg increase overall with it not to mention the added superior protection it provides. It also shifts easier and smoother. The COBB AccessPort stage II pro tune was also important because of the lame map Subaru decided to go with. That was truly a crappy map, any ’07 STi owners would agree to that. That COBB AP mod was $700 and worth every penny! The fuel pump was swapped to a Walbro GSS 342 which maintained the correct voltage above 5k rpm as to not starve the engine. The OEM pump simply could not do the job. Altogether with the Walbro pump, COBB’s protune software, COBB’s short ram intake and COBB’s DP, the bad A/F ratio issues were eliminated. Netting my smooth, reliable performance and 24 mpg! Another longevity modification that can’t be disputed. I have a few other mods like the SPT front and rear strut tower braces, SPT mid and tail pipe and Perrin wing stiffy’s to eliminate wing bounce (you know what I’m talking about). Looking out my rearview and seeing that thing bounce drove me crazy. You can click the link below my signature to see the car and a full list of my mods at Cardomain.com.

The car dynoed 241 awhp in stock trim and now has over 330 awhp. All I have done is taken a car that was good enough and made the car even better without sacrificing reliability. These added features are the kinds of things no dealer (or Carmax) would ever appreciate, but is essential to the cars overall health, longevity & performance. This is how the car should have left Japan! Well, maybe with a bigger turbo…. I’m dreamin now!

I will consider all offers and no reasonable offer will be refused. I would like to sell this car soon and I am motivated to do so. Contact me for additional info. Serious buyers only please. The Carfax history report is clean, check it out: JF1GD76697L512314

My asking price is $22,000 / obo.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
07STi8u is offline   Reply With Quote