Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday September 16, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 09-14-2014, 10:05 AM   #1
hogdweeb
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 376594
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Sedan
Blue

Default Where have you taken your Subaru today?

Many times people ask me "why don't you have a truck? " and I laugh. They follow up with "what's so funny? " really, I don't need one. My Subaru is my truck. When they ask what I mean, I proceed to tell them what I haven't done with it.... and that's a scarily short list. Today I'm logging, and it got me thinking. Where gave you taken your Subaru, whether for fun or work?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
hogdweeb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 08:47 PM   #2
Daniel Dudley
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 307610
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Wagon

North Egremont, eh ? Home of the famous speed trap ?

I have a full size truck that takes most of the abuse, but I do tool around a lot in the 04 Wagon. I have strapped lumber to the rack and hauled concrete in it, but mostly it's for long distance trips, parts hauling, and general hooning around.

I haven't rally crossed it yet. I have seen too many front and rear bumper covers get ripped off, and the car is still fairly nice. I need a serious beater, maybe a 2.5 with a stick...
Daniel Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 08:52 PM   #3
hogdweeb
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 376594
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Sedan
Blue

Learn about Egremont the hard way? Haha.

I don't rally mine...yet. gotten close to ripping my oil pan open on rocks though, that count? Rolled tires off the bead, bent rims, pulled cars that are stuck, moved furniture... it's a work horse for me haha. Think about all I have left to do us haul something on trailer haha. Engine and transmission at the same time, with 2 friends and a weeks supply coming back from Boston was a trip.

Manual wouldn't get me very far. I grew up on them, but it's too much going on when I have bigger problems to worry about...like sliding off a cliff cause it's just wide enough to squeeze through. Fun times..
hogdweeb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 09:58 PM   #4
AEWHistory
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 401627
Vehicle:
2004 Subaru WRX
Blue

Wow.... I've driven to Montreal from Trenton. Somehow I feel that my accomplishment doesn't compare to the above lists....

AEWHistory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:15 AM   #5
Rymel
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 401736

i took it on a road trip to virginia to nyc, and blew my head gaskets in mount holly, nj. it's currently sitting in philly until i can find a mechanic that can fix it for equal to or less than it would cost to tow it back home
Rymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:17 AM   #6
Rymel
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 401736

sorry to double post, but i need a third post to make a cry for help on aforementioned repair. i'm planning on taking this new purchase to michigan next month!
Rymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:47 AM   #7
scoobadive
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 393212
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
WRB

school, I took my subaru to school.
scoobadive is offline   Reply With Quote