Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday July 31, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Car Part Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 04-09-2002, 01:22 PM   #1
kenchan
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 15106
Default cusco front tower bar impressions

got the cusco bar yesterday from digitalracer.com

high quality material.

the installation took me about 2hours. you're like ***? on a strutbar??! unless i got help from you guys on this forum, i would've not been able to install this thing.

you need to bend the airconditioner aluminum pipe and relocate the pipe's mounting braket to the lower screw. otherwise, the stb will press down on the ac pipe very hard possibly causing damage where the pipe enters the firewall.

im japanese and found that the cusco instructions in japanese was ... useless. the jdm wrx does not have that pipe behind the intercooler. i mounted the factory horn on the bolt holding the cruise control unit.

i tried it out this morning. i have TEIN HA's on there with after market 17 wheels/tires. the car felt heck of a lot more responsive. probably can't tell so much on the factory sus but the difference is significant. yep, happy with product, but for those of you who might not wish to bend the ac piping it is not for you.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 11:53 PM   #2
alltractionWRX
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 14819
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
WR Blue

I had to bend mine too but part of the AC line still hits the strut bat but it just touches it not pushes it though. It looks great though it has blue ends and I have a blue WRX make the engine bay look a heck of lot better. Your right the responsiveness of the car got a lot better I can makemore accurate turns now.
alltractionWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 05:39 PM   #3
SonicYellowWRX

Member#: 23351
Vehicle:
Pika Chu!
TEAM DARRIIFFFTAA

yeah it took me like a half an hour to an hour to install cuz i couldnt see why the strut bar wont fit. then i noticed the bracket. I just took it off completely and the hose touches he strut bar but it has the foam-like wrapping around it. so, yeah... i didnt even have Japanese instructions to help me out!

anyways, after that was done, it was an easy install.

i feel the front is a bit stiffer, but it causes more understeer as a result. they dont have the rear bar available cuz its all at the dock right now.

what i did notice was that my launches were MUCH improved! (didnt expect that) And the bling factor is nice as well.

i like it, but i need the rear bar... and a sway bar until i can truely enjoy the handling.
SonicYellowWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 04:08 AM   #4
WRX USA
NASIOC Supporter
Member Sales Rating: (6)

Member#: 11192
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
.. VF48'd Bugeye
WRB

I have both front and rear Cusco STBs (front Type OS, rear Type CB) and the Type II lower brace. The car as a whole feels much stiffer and steering is much more precise, but now it is obvious that those *****ty RE92s are the weakest link. I did all of the braces because I intend on switching over to coil-overs and 17"s.
WRX USA is offline   Reply With Quote