Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday March 19, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Mid West Subaru Owners Club
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Mid West Subaru Owners Club Forum -- MWSOC > MWSOC Private Classifieds

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 03-02-2009, 11:54 AM   #1
blue-sun
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (6)

Member#: 15934
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2021 GTI
Cornflower Blue

Default FS - 97 Miata

Posting for a friend of mine, detailed this car for him this past weekend.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showt...hp?t=123735107 <--- here's his FS thread on the mazda forums. Not sure if non-registered members can see the pics as attachments or not.

Here's a thread that was posted with pics in it, including my crappy iPhone pics since my camera's battery was dead and I didn't realize it until I got up there.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showt...hp?t=123735066

here's the website to the owners Mazda parts store, online only AFAIK, you can probably email him through there.

http://siteground207.com/~protegeg/

=D
blue-sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2009, 04:25 PM   #2
blue-sun
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2021 GTI
Cornflower Blue

bumping it up for my friend. . .
Old 04-14-2009, 09:23 AM   #3
blue-sun
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2021 GTI
Cornflower Blue

still available. . .perfect summertime car!
Old 04-17-2009, 09:40 PM   #4
mykrrrr
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (22)

Member#: 733
Vehicle:
'18 WRX
Frozen White

there's yer track car david.
mykrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 10:30 AM   #5
blue-sun
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2021 GTI
Cornflower Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykrrrr View Post
there's yer track car david.
no wai, I can't drive the same kind of car that you drive (At least after today that is!!) psh! Plus, I need a dog hauling vehicle first, remember!
Old 04-18-2009, 10:35 AM   #6
Goofy's WRX
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (4)

Member#: 46084
Vehicle:
2002 WRX 330+ WHP
WR Blue

What is the price on the miata?
Goofy's WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:27 PM   #7
blue-sun
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2021 GTI
Cornflower Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy's WRX View Post
What is the price on the miata?
Here's his original ad. I think you can still view it even not being a member on Mazdas247.com on the original link I posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain KRM P5
Before this goes up on Craigslist or eBay, I wanted to put this up for the locals to see if any of you are interested.

I'm selling my Miata. It started out as a birthday present for my wife and she decided she has no intention to learn stick (Santos must have rubbed off on her) nor does she want a convertible. I was going to keep it for myself and as you all know, I need another Mazda in the garage or driveway about as much as Rosie O'Donnell needs gift certificates to McDonald's. So, it needs to go.

The car recently rolled over 100,000 miles on the stock engine. Thats a little over 8000 miles driven a year. Until it entered my hands, the car was stock in every respect.

Maintenance Performed
New Plugs
New Wires
New Belts
New Fuel Filter
(All Dealer Parts)

Upgrades
4-2-1 Header
Intake
SR Motorsports Pulley Set
Mazdaspeed style valve cover and cap (courtesy of Keystone Powdercoating)

The Good
The body is a straight and thanks to a recent detail by forum member Blue-sun, the paint looks great. As with all old Miatas, the bumpers have weathered the passage of time differently than the sheetmetal. That said, as you can see in the pictures, they are probably about as good as one can expect from a 12 year old Mazda. The car really looks sharp. The suspension is not modified and right from the factory. Rides and drives very straight. Handles great. The car was bought with the wheels as pictured and there are no imperfections. Interior is fully intact and very clean. All accessories function excellently including the radio, headlamps and motors, AC and heat. The car pulls real good for a 130 hp four cylinder roadster. Its a 1997 so its the last year before they switched to the "NB" style with tear drop headlights and more mass. The car is light and is tossed around very easily. I would drive this to Moscow and back if Sarah Palin built the bridge to accommodate me on that notion. Engine and trans are very solid.

The Not So Good
Driver's seat has a little wear on the edge of the bolster, by no means is the seat falling apart. The factory muffler has pinhole leaks from rust and age. If the car goes for the right price I will include and install a new muffler. When the car is cold or just fired up, there is belt squeal which can be addressed by adjusting the tensioner. There is some rust on the body, on the rockers below the doors, which can be easily cleaned up. If I have the car when it warms up and its not yet sold, I'll probably do this myself. Its in the black zone of the body, not in the red painted portion of the body.

The Bad
Useless vehicle in the present weather

So that's it. Like I said, this is pretty much for the locals to see if anyone is interested in a fun spring/summer toy. Requests to drive the vehicle are welcome. If you're not local and still want to ask me about it, post or PM me. Offers are welcome, but I'm not desperate to get rid of the car so if you low ball me you can expect either no reply or an unkind one.

Asking for $5500