Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday July 22, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Dealership Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 04-11-2002, 01:40 PM   #1
adjektiv
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 17481
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Impreza
Silver

Angry Temple Texas Subaru Dealership Nightmare

I've found this dealership to be terrible for the reasons below.

1. When you walk into the dealership they make you feel extremely uncomfortable. There is no welcome desk. Everyone stares at you and nobody greets you. It makes you want to leave immediately.

2. The ceiling is caving in. It's dirty inside. They have no showroom.

3. Other workers in the office kept coming over and heckling the salesman saying his skin was "too red" or something like that. It really gives you a quality feeling about the dealership...

4. The salesman left to talk to someone in one of the smaller offices. While I am sitting there some guy who was working there walks right behind me and lets out this disgusting belch. I nearly puked. No I am not making this up and I have a witness! It was disgusting. :monkey:

5. They won't let you test drive a WRX. They say there are only a few made so they have to keep low miles on them... Yeah right.

I am keeping as far away from this place as possible. I think they'll probably go out of business pretty soon anyway...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
adjektiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 04:48 AM   #2
Zephry
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 20387
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX
PSM

This idiot who took me out for a test drive redlined the brand new car and TRIED to beat 5.7 sec in 0-60. The price they offered me was higher than all other dealerships. Temple Subaru sucks.
Zephry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 04:19 PM   #3
tommi318
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 21709
Unhappy whoa...

Man, I'm currently deployed but before I went on deployment, I went to Temple Subaru to check out the WRX. Yeah, the salesmen didn't know what the hell they were talking about. Gave me the typical of feeling of, "I'll tell you whatever you want to hear so I can just take your money."

I'm glad I caught this post. I was a die hard on buying a WRX before I left, now I'm coming back pretty soon, and I'm debating whether or not to even buy a WRX. But now I'm even more skeptical of buying one from these guys. ***?!? That WRX that the salesman redlined is going to be someone elses one day... geez... but it seems like the dealer is "MOD" friendly. I dunno, that's just speculation...

Anyone else see the nice silver WRX that they have in the front (OZ rims, body kit, tint, exhaust, etc. etc.) That WRX looks tight... or is it still there???
tommi318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 07:20 PM   #4
Zephry
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 20387
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX
PSM

I saw that one. They wanted the MSRP for that one. It looks nice though.
Zephry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 06:46 PM   #5
bertemus
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 23360
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon
WRX Blue

My father was in the Temple dealership not too long ago (I'm in college in Dallas, and was talking about getting one for my new car, and he went to go check it out). He told me that he wasn't too impressed with their professionality. They woulden't check with any other dealerships about availablility, nor would they even look into ordering a wrx from the factory. They did let him drive it though.

I went to the dealership up here in Dallas, and I was really impressed. They let me drive one (even though I'm only 19). I think it would be a lot better to just drive down to Austin to get one.
bertemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 07:45 PM   #6
skibud2
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 22508
Angry My Experience

I purchased a wrx from subaru of temple and had the worst experience.

1) They said that they would have the paper work ready when I got there (because I was in a rush). They didn't even begin the paperwork.

2) They knowingly did not put a inspection sticker on the car. I drove off with out one. When I called them, they said they knew they didn't put one on. They did not have a good reason.

3) When I called about the inspection sticker, I had to call 3 times before they returned my call. (A period of two weeks)

4) When it came time for my temporary license plate to expire, I called them 4 times before they sent out a replacement. They sent it out two weeks after the first expired.

5) Just the fact that the person I was dealing with was the dealer manager. (Joey Quinney) He was very rude.

Personally, I am going to pay a little more next time and go to the dealer that has the best service.
skibud2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 01:09 AM   #7
skibud2
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 22508

Just called them today.. a year later and they are still pricks
skibud2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 12:39 PM   #8
RickyMM
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 28511

I decided to give this place a try and it was a terrible mistake. Their service department is terrible.

They are rude and treat you like you're an idiot. They kept my car for over a week. They told me repeated lies. My car was also never fixed so I had to take it to a different dealership.

Temple Subaru sucks! Stay away!

If any of you from Temple Subaru are reading this here: :monkey:

I will never do business with you again.
RickyMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 04:05 PM   #9
Malik
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 29272
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon
Blue

Default Temple has been quite good in my opinion

Hi everyone.

I live in Austin and was interested in a WRX. I called both the local dealerships and visited both on several occasions. I came away dissapointed as both were being unreasonable when it came to price and options. Nothing bad, I just wasn't happy with the service I received.

I then e-mailed Joey at Temple Subaru. The response I got was prompt and the price was the best I had been quoted in Texas (I was willing to drive to Dallas or Houston if need be).

The dealership is new and I wasn't impressed with the place as it was under construction (it is begining to look much better lately) but the people were nice, they were willing to work with me and they offered me a good price.

I bought the car from them in April and have sterling service. I am willing to drive for an hour each way to get the car serviced there and I have no problems suggesting people go there. They have gone out of their way to help me and several people I have met there.

To the people who have had a bad experience there, talk to the guys and they will do whatever it takes to make the situation better. To people who haven't been there, make your own mind up by going there if you have the need, not through reading anyone's opinion (including mine).

And the car is wonderful - don't let any dealership get you out of getting the car.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 09:46 PM   #10
GregCCC
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 29301

I had the unfortunate experience of dealing with these S O B's.

This joke of a dealership is like dealing with a used car dealership. They just want to screw you and they'll screw you any way they can!

I wouldn't be surprised if the newest positive review was posted by an employee. I'd be willing to bet a hundred bucks it is!

If you are looking for a Subaru in Texas stay far away from this place. Don't bother wasting your time. Austin isn't far at all and they are a real dealership.
GregCCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 12:01 PM   #11
Malik
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon
Blue

I'll be glad to take your hundred bucks. I don't work for Subaru of Temple, just am one of lots of people willing to give them a chance. By the same token what's to say any post here isn't by an employee from one of the Austin dealerships? Slander works both ways.....

Like I said in my previous post, I live in Austin this is what I have experienced first hand. I went to both the Subaru dealers in Austin. They are just really busy all the time and my experience with the sales and service people there wasn't great. The service department at Temple was willing to accomodate my schedule better and the service I received has been faultless. They have always answered my questions to my satisfaction and often go beyond what is necessary to help. They aren't angels, and they are in the buisness to make money (who isn't) but they have treated me well and I respect that.

I don't doubt that you may have had a bad experience. We all have our personal preferences - my experience in Austin wasn't what I wanted. That doesn't make the dealership bad or the people who work there terrible human beings out to rip me off. I know my first impression at Temple wasn't great but I was willing to talk to the service people and the sales people and found them helpful. That is my experience and I am willing to state it as fact.

On a slightly different note, if we are willing to work the problem rather than getting in line to assign blame everybody wins.

Malik
Old 11-12-2002, 01:01 PM   #12
GregCCC
Scooby Newbie

You can post whatever you want, but it isn't going to change the fact that your dealership sucks.
Maybe if you spent more time helping customers instead of posting on message boards your dealership wouldn't be the worst in America. :monkey:
Old 11-12-2002, 06:55 PM   #13
Malik
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon
Blue

Perhaps I wasn't quite clear enough in the last post - I do not work for Subaru; I bought a WRX there, and have had four scheduled and one unscheduled service done there. (three oil changes, a boost gauge/short throw shifter installed and a tire problem addressed).

My experience there has been positive. I am stating that as my opinion. I didn't refute your experience nor did I defend any of the complaints other people have listed. And the point of this isn't to trade insults - insulting someone doesn't make your opinion any more valid or their opinion any less valid! The point is to share information so we all have an accurate idea of what to expect.

Finally, if you like the services at a different Subaru dealership better - great, use them. Post a positive review of their services and describe what they did right and why you like them. I like the service I have received in Temple. That is my experience so far. If that changes, I will note it here.

Happy driving.
Old 11-16-2002, 09:35 AM   #14
WannaWRX
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 8783
Vehicle:
1997 Chevy
Camaro

I live in Temple and have a few issues I want to get some answers on. First of all, they moved into an old used car dealership, so that explains the environment. My big issue is that are offering modifications through Vishnu parts with them installing them. They say that they will honor any and all warranty claims, even if they are due to the upgrades, but that that would be the only dealership that I could bring the car to. I am in the military and will only be in the area for about another year and a half, so I am not too comfortable with this setup. Are there any other options that are similar to this out there? I will be moving to either the D.C. or San Fran area after Texas.

I did notice that the place was rude when I frist went there, but they have not been bad the last few times I was in there. They did deny a test drive to a buddy of mine, but when I went in there and they did not have any, the owner let me test drive his. The bottom line is that they are a very new dealership and it shows.

Any help on my quest would be appreciated.
WannaWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 06:52 PM   #15
GregCCC
Scooby Newbie

My concern would be that they might go out of business soon and you would be denied your warranty work.
In Temple they are expanding I-35 and I think it will be expanding right over their dealership. It is anyones guess what will happen to the Subaru dealership.
I think it will probably shut down but nobody knows.
Old 11-18-2002, 07:40 PM   #16
Malik
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon
Blue

WannaWRX,

If you are concerned about the short term (while you are in Temple) I can only suggest inquiring about other dealerships in the area - there a couple in Austin - and checking out their service department. The bottom line is any subaru dealership should be fine as long as you can show the mod has nothing to do with the warranty work. For modified parts you are taking a risk as is so to get warranty work done on the modified parts anywhere is a big fat bonus.

I would also inquire about the locations you may move to and see if there are any mod friendly dealerships to help you out.

Personally, if I were considering a drastic modification I'd worry about it for the initial break in period and then once the miles start to pile on. From what I have heard and my experience - these cars are quite tough and the vishnu mods are well designed so you ought not to have very many problems.

Hope this is useful to you.
Old 11-21-2002, 05:24 PM   #17
isawoj
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 29164
Default Mods covered by warranty

If ANY dealership is making mods that they say they will cover under warranty, get it in writing signed by the owner of the dealership.

If you are worried that you won't be in the area and are being promised that ALL dealerships will honor the mods, then get them to get you a letter from SOA stating that (good luck).

NEVER take a dealer at their word. It isn't that they would necessarily go out of their way to be dishonest, but it is so easy when you have no other recourse if and when you make a warranty claim that could be questioned.
isawoj is offline   Reply With Quote