Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday December 21, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Normally Aspirated with bolt-on Forced Induction Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:39 AM   #1
freeride
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 49783
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
2000 2.5rsti&98wagon
SRP/white

Default some hose Q's

Mostly with blow off/wastegate and turbo.

Trying to fab up to see where the EWG is going to sit and I was wondering, or reasuring my self of where the hoses go.

The Tial has 2 hose connections. Top = Boost controller, but does the side hole tie back into the turbo.

So attach one hose from blow off to a "T" which goes to the turbo and a boost gauge.

Another "T" to go to the EWG top or bottom or both?

Also any one else add heat shielding to the wires after moving them around a bit for extra protection? (main wiring harness)

Thanks
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by freeride; 03-22-2009 at 10:49 AM.
freeride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 03:10 AM   #2
master c
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 168226
Chapter/Region: RMIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeride View Post
Mostly with blow off/wastegate and turbo.

Trying to fab up to see where the EWG is going to sit and I was wondering, or reasuring my self of where the hoses go.

The Tial has 2 hose connections. Top = Boost controller, but does the side hole tie back into the turbo.

So attach one hose from blow off to a "T" which goes to the turbo and a boost gauge.

Another "T" to go to the EWG top or bottom or both?

Also any one else add heat shielding to the wires after moving them around a bit for extra protection? (main wiring harness)

Thanks
go to tial's website and it shows a diagram of what to do. ill explain it here anyways

for the ewg - top can be left unhooked if you dont have a boost controller. if you do have a boost controller the top is hooked to the boost controller and the in side to your solenoid or mbc is connected to the turbo compressor housing nipple

lower hose connection is connected to the compressor housing nipple if you have no boost controller, if you do have boost controller the lower connection is connected to the intercooler pipe before the throttle body

for your bov and boost gauge - you get the vacuum hose connections off the intake manifold nipples. if you dont have enough nipples on the manifold left or want a cleaner install, buy a vacuum manifold (look that up on ebay and ull see 3 or so companies that make one)
master c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:51 PM   #3
freeride
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2000 2.5rsti&98wagon
SRP/white

Which are the 2 hoses that are connected to the block and to my cobb CAI if you know what I mean, I think those can also go to a catch can for blow by. Breather tubes?

Also since I took out the cruise I could use that hose for both correct or does each one (gauge and Blow off) need seperate vav sources

Thanks Master c

Last edited by freeride; 03-24-2009 at 07:32 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:35 PM   #4
freeride
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2000 2.5rsti&98wagon
SRP/white

Might aswell post another q in here.

Does any know of any problems people have had with the oil return line into the oil pan really heating up the oil since it goes right by the header. Might have to make a dyi heat sheild around that to help out.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:39 PM   #5
master c
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
Which are the 2 hoses that are connected to the block and to my cobb CAI if you know what I mean, I think those can also go to a catch can for blow by. Breather tubes?

Also since I took out the cruise I could use that hose for both correct or does each one (gauge and Blow off) need seperate vav sources

Thanks Master c
the hoses that go to the cai are pcv/breather - you can setup a catch can setup for those. search nasioc for pcv setups and many of the threads have diagrams.

the cruise nipple will be fine - you can T the gauge and bov into that nipple
Old 03-25-2009, 11:41 PM   #6
master c
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
Might aswell post another q in here.

Does any know of any problems people have had with the oil return line into the oil pan really heating up the oil since it goes right by the header. Might have to make a dyi heat sheild around that to help out.
i have an oil pan from one of the old RS turbo kits , i believe its the FAT turbo kit. try and ask around on the RS club for something like that or build your own. just make sure your up-pipe is wrapped and you shouldnt have any probs
Old 03-29-2009, 02:13 PM   #7
freeride
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2000 2.5rsti&98wagon
SRP/white

Yea think I am going to get some heat sleeves and put that on the oil return and make a small stainless steal heat shield. The down is wrapped :P

One more week and most of this should be done! Time permitting at work of ocurse