Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday June 29, 2016
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Proven Power Bragging

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2011, 11:15 PM   #2626
karlknaupp
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 60871
Join Date: Apr 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: K2 performance, Medford NJ
Vehicle:
2004 WRB WRX

Default

thanks john
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
karlknaupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:22 PM   #2627
john 1badSTI
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 77470
Join Date: Dec 2004
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: grove city ohio
Vehicle:
04 sti [email protected]
on e85@ 30psi--spinning

Default

you are totally welcome and those guys on the e coast should get you done right.
john 1badSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:30 PM   #2628
maxpowr
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 159243
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: medford nj 08055
Vehicle:
sg3 Turbo Tek Tuned
Hakt Ecu e85 30r 6spd

Default

car is mad clean too. i was slobberin on it earlier.
maxpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:31 PM   #2629
karlknaupp
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 60871
Join Date: Apr 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: K2 performance, Medford NJ
Vehicle:
2004 WRB WRX

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpowr View Post
car is mad clean too. i was slobberin on it earlier.
yea it scares me to come out my back door and your hovering over my bay... sneakies!
karlknaupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:37 PM   #2630
maxpowr
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 159243
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: medford nj 08055
Vehicle:
sg3 Turbo Tek Tuned
Hakt Ecu e85 30r 6spd

Default

no sabotage. we are brothers from other mothers.
maxpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:43 PM   #2631
karlknaupp
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 60871
Join Date: Apr 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: K2 performance, Medford NJ
Vehicle:
2004 WRB WRX

Default

hahaha i know u wouldnt do anything.. i trust ya.
karlknaupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:58 PM   #2632
HQuakers
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 233454
Join Date: Dec 2009
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Haddon Twp, NJ
Vehicle:
1984 Shoe Leather
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlknaupp View Post
and have cut numerous 1.6s, plenty of 1.7s and 1.8s... its got special sauce...
Thread hijack

Dude, I didn't know you were cutting those kinda 60'. Jeez, maybe I'll have you drive my car since I can't seem to get below 2.3

/hijack
HQuakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 12:00 AM   #2633
karlknaupp
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 60871
Join Date: Apr 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: K2 performance, Medford NJ
Vehicle:
2004 WRB WRX

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HQuakers View Post
Thread hijack

Dude, I didn't know you were cutting those kinda 60'. Jeez, maybe I'll have you drive my car since I can't seem to get below 2.3

/hijack
ahh u didnt know i had the driving app? i was gonna say something today when u mentioned about not being able to get good 60s.
karlknaupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:53 PM   #2634
99STM
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 219160
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Lincoln, NE
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX
AW (6MT, E85, EWG, VF39)

Default

Sort of an update for those who have been following.

I put in a Walbro 255 (GSS342) today and tightened the gap on my plugs to .022, they were at around .028 before. We then turned up the boost to 16 ish psi. Since it's about 35 degrees here tonight, it was hitting almost 18. It will still hesitate pretty bad once you get past 15ish psi. Before it would blow out at like 7psi or something small. It is much better since I tightened the gap but it still feels like it is blowing out spark. Once it gets warmer outside, I think it will probably be better but is there anyway I can fix the issue? I feel like just waiting for it to get warm out to fix the issue is a band aid fix. I can not say for sure that it IS spark blowout but I can say I have experienced it before and it feels almost identical. Should I tighten the gap down more, even though it's at .022" right now? Or would new coil packs be a good idea at some point?

BTW, since I know you guys want logs, I will see if xsnapshot will post them. IIRC, there wasn't anything worth posting though. It's not knocking when it's hesitating and it isn't throwing misfire codes.
99STM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:11 AM   #2635
SurfGuruJeff
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 148974
Join Date: May 2007
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego
Vehicle:
2010 STi Hatch
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99STM View Post
Sort of an update for those who have been following.

I put in a Walbro 255 (GSS342) today and tightened the gap on my plugs to .022, they were at around .028 before. We then turned up the boost to 16 ish psi. Since it's about 35 degrees here tonight, it was hitting almost 18. It will still hesitate pretty bad once you get past 15ish psi. Before it would blow out at like 7psi or something small. It is much better since I tightened the gap but it still feels like it is blowing out spark. Once it gets warmer outside, I think it will probably be better but is there anyway I can fix the issue? I feel like just waiting for it to get warm out to fix the issue is a band aid fix. I can not say for sure that it IS spark blowout but I can say I have experienced it before and it feels almost identical. Should I tighten the gap down more, even though it's at .022" right now? Or would new coil packs be a good idea at some point?

BTW, since I know you guys want logs, I will see if xsnapshot will post them. IIRC, there wasn't anything worth posting though. It's not knocking when it's hesitating and it isn't throwing misfire codes.
Move on to the next thing, coils that work.
SurfGuruJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:20 AM   #2636
99STM
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 219160
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Lincoln, NE
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX
AW (6MT, E85, EWG, VF39)

Default

I have a buddy with an 02, I will see if he would swap out coil packs with me. I would rather just regap the plugs if that will do it. Maybe down to .018"?
99STM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:23 AM   #2637
john 1badSTI
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 77470
Join Date: Dec 2004
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: grove city ohio
Vehicle:
04 sti [email protected]
on e85@ 30psi--spinning

Default

hey give sean18337 a pm he has an almost brand new set of sti coils for sale for like 200.00.
john 1badSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:28 AM   #2638
99STM
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 219160
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Lincoln, NE
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX
AW (6MT, E85, EWG, VF39)

Default

I don't have 200 dollars. But that is a question I was going to ask. Are STi coil packs any sort of upgrade over WRX coil packs? Are they compatible?
99STM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:31 AM   #2639
john 1badSTI
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 77470
Join Date: Dec 2004
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: grove city ohio
Vehicle:
04 sti [email protected]
on e85@ 30psi--spinning

Default

yes they are an upgrade and gapping the plug gap down too low will also give you some misfire issues due to such a small spark distance.Well save your money and turn down the boost because there is not going to be some quick,cheap fix for your problem,remember yoy have to pay to play and hp does not come cheap.
john 1badSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:38 AM   #2640
99STM
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 219160
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Lincoln, NE
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX
AW (6MT, E85, EWG, VF39)

Default

I talked to an Evo buddy who said he has ran .018" gap on his plugs since he has been on E85 for about a year and a half now. I don't know if maybe their COP system is different and allows them to run tighter gaps but I think there is still room to go. I would much rather get better coil packs but I would rather do the things that are free before I start spending money on more ****.
99STM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:50 AM   #2641
SVT_WRX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 164830
Join Date: Nov 2007
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
G61 III OVE 58e

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99STM View Post
BTW, since I know you guys want logs, I will see if xsnapshot will post them. IIRC, there wasn't anything worth posting though. It's not knocking when it's hesitating and it isn't throwing misfire codes.
......um...dood....just have him post the logs for crying out loud. We're trying to help you, bro.
SVT_WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:37 AM   #2642
MattPersman
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 139385
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Indiana
Default

sounds like misfire to me, since the subaru misfire monitor is pretty poor IMO you would be best to try some known good coils if you can.
MattPersman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:10 AM   #2643
Greenracer6
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 7962
Join Date: Jul 2001
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Louisville KY
Vehicle:
08 335i TwinTurbo
PSM 02WRX, 97 Dipped CRV

Default

make a video

Last edited by Greenracer6; 03-28-2011 at 12:47 PM. Reason: they aren't good listeners
Greenracer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:37 AM   #2644
02RexWI
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 165141
Join Date: Nov 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: WI
Default

^Or go to autozone and rent one on your credit card and return it for free!
02RexWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:45 AM   #2645
SVT_WRX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 164830
Join Date: Nov 2007
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
G61 III OVE 58e

Default

Again, I think injector scaler is too high...causing it to run lean and misfire......
SVT_WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:43 PM   #2646
xsnapshot
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 170973
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: nashville
Vehicle:
2004 WRX 4EAT
PSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT_WRX
Again, I think injector scaler is too high...causing it to run lean and misfire......
If it was running lean then we would see it on the wideband.

Do you realize how lean you would have to get to missfire? Were talking leaner than stoichmetric. I run up to 10psi at 14.7:1 fueling for short periods of time before the open loop/closed loop delay is over and it goes richer. This is actually common in turbocharged engines, and is a very efficient mode of operation. It's not dangerous when its tuned for.

I will try and get some logs up today. There isn't really anything to see. Spark is blowing out and without being able to log AFR you can't see it. The knock sensor doesn't pick it up and its not severe enough to cause significant boost fluctuation.
xsnapshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:04 PM   #2647
SVT_WRX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 164830
Join Date: Nov 2007
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
G61 III OVE 58e

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsnapshot View Post
If it was running lean then we would see it on the wideband.

Do you realize how lean you would have to get to missfire? Were talking leaner than stoichmetric. I run up to 10psi at 14.7:1 fueling for short periods of time before the open loop/closed loop delay is over and it goes richer. This is actually common in turbocharged engines, and is a very efficient mode of operation. It's not dangerous when its tuned for.

I will try and get some logs up today. There isn't really anything to see. Spark is blowing out and without being able to log AFR you can't see it. The knock sensor doesn't pick it up and its not severe enough to cause significant boost fluctuation.
Thanks...but you really don't have to explain anything to me dood....I know this...

Listen....just put the scaler to 585...log it....let us know what the voltage and MAF G/S is. If it's still happening....swap coils AND I recommend NEW spark plugs....stock heat range.

Are you saying you can't log AFR's? Are you logging Feed Back and Fine learning knock correction? Where is the wideband placed? Are you 100% sure it's calibrated correctly?
SVT_WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:12 PM   #2648
99STM
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 219160
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Lincoln, NE
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX
AW (6MT, E85, EWG, VF39)

Default

No, we are not logging the wideband. Yes we are logging fbkc and flkc. The wideband is in the downpipe probably a foot and a half to 2 feet behind the turbo. It is an AEM UEGO and from what I understand is supposed to auto calibrate. There's nothing on the gauge besides wiring harness's to go to the sensor, and for power/ground. There are 2 other wires that could probably be used to log but I do not have the software or any way of logging it. I watch the wideband, xsnapshot watches romraider.
99STM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:13 PM   #2649
Phatron
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 36033
Join Date: Apr 2003
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Tuning Lab
Vehicle:
CEO PhatBottiTuning
2006 STi GTX3582 + Meth

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsnapshot View Post
I run up to 10psi at 14.7:1 fueling for short periods of time before the open loop/closed loop delay is over and it goes richer. This is actually common in turbocharged engines, and is a very efficient mode of operation. It's not dangerous when its tuned for.
running 14.7 into peak boost isnt there for performance reasons.

its there so OEM's can get certain smog and MPG ratings
Phatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:17 PM   #2650
Phatron
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 36033
Join Date: Apr 2003
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Tuning Lab
Vehicle:
CEO PhatBottiTuning
2006 STi GTX3582 + Meth

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99STM View Post
No, we are not logging the wideband. Yes we are logging fbkc and flkc. The wideband is in the downpipe probably a foot and a half to 2 feet behind the turbo. It is an AEM UEGO and from what I understand is supposed to auto calibrate. There's nothing on the gauge besides wiring harness's to go to the sensor, and for power/ground. There are 2 other wires that could probably be used to log but I do not have the software or any way of logging it. I watch the wideband, xsnapshot watches romraider.
you need to buy this to log the Uego.....

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2143290

http://www.bustedfingermotorsports.com/aemcable.html
Phatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Motion Lab Tuned: Juanmedina's 2007 WRX E85 ARMY Motion Lab Tuning Proven Power Bragging 125 04-12-2010 02:57 AM
jid2 Track Car - e85 ARMY jid2 Member's Car Gallery 38 01-22-2010 10:44 PM
The Honduran army is the bravest in the world... wrxcelent Off-Topic 36 07-07-2009 08:21 AM
Spacific E85 Tuning thread Here ? discopotato03 Engine Management & Tuning 1 09-09-2008 11:01 AM
Did anyone hear the one about the Italian army and the IRAQI satiation? Asinine Off-Topic 3 09-20-2005 07:06 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2016 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2016, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.