Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday August 5, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Proven Power Bragging

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2013, 07:32 PM   #7451
manitou
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 193757
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cedar, MI HP Techs MPS-SSLR2.5
Vehicle:
2006 XTI Limited
OBP, Junior tuned 573WHP

Default

Ask Layvon how closely his FIC2000's were. I had negative experiences with another brand mentioned. I've had 2 sets of ID's and they're perfect! Both Dom and Junior will not recommend any other brand of injectors other than ID. My recommendation to the earlier poster is not to bother with any other 1000cc injectors. How many problems have you heard of with ID1k's?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
manitou is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:08 PM   #7452
amalgrover
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 183480
Join Date: Jun 2008
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Valdosta, GA
Vehicle:
2011 Audi A3 Quattro
2009 Forester XT

Default

Funny you say that because I have seen Junior compliment FIC injectors in this thread specifically.

I cannot speak for Layvon or FIC on his issue because I do not know the facts, and I also will say that even the best and most stringent companies in the world have failures or defects that slip by quality control. Just because you know 1 person that had issues with FIC doesn't mean that ALL FIC injectors are that way, and just because you have had 2 sets that worked perfectly doesn't mean ALL ID injectors work that well for everyone. In fact, there were 2 very unsatisfied customers of theirs that popped up during Dom and my conversation I spoke of in my previous post. I have said it almost every time that the conversation comes up in here (about every month), ID makes some very good injectors, and I personally have no complaints with them...but you can't sit here and honestly say that you know 110% for a fact that one company is better than the other.

The purpose of me saying something wasn't to necessarily disagree with you, but more to bring up something that has been brought up in the past with you...you seem to think that there is only one way to skin a cat, and you seem to think that there is one specific best company of every single product you selected. This is irrational and unrealistic thinking. If this were true, there wouldn't be 1000 race teams in 1000 different events running 1000 different manufacturer's parts. This is the whole reason that the Chevy vs Ford vs EVO vs Subau vs N/A vs Forced Induction vs V8 vs 4 cyl etc arguments even exist...
amalgrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:15 PM   #7453
BigRob74
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 305107
Join Date: Dec 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Long Island, NY
Vehicle:
2012 wrx
360/386 E85

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manitou View Post
They're not the same, that's for sure! None are matched as well throughout the full spectrum of pulse widths like the ID's! They'll idle and cruise perfectly, respond well to pressure and make loads of power!
my tuner recommends FICs and my car on pump and on e85 idles and cruises like stock

edit..seems to me amalgrover covered it perfectly
BigRob74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:45 PM   #7454
manitou
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 193757
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cedar, MI HP Techs MPS-SSLR2.5
Vehicle:
2006 XTI Limited
OBP, Junior tuned 573WHP

Default

Josh, most of what you say is true although i highly doubt you could get Junior to recommend anything other than ID based on our discussions and build recommendations/ plans. As a matter of fact he's the one that got me the id1300 testers. I was giving my opinion about injectors. I'm done screwing around with other injectors. Maybe I just had some bad luck with the others and maybe Layvon got a bum set. ID is batting 1000 with me now and their balance and matching is the best I feel. I had one set with one injector off 12% at 20 IDC, and they were within that companies specs of being balanced and well matched! I'm not here to bash any companies but I feel strongly about this one. ID has raised the bar on drivability and balance at all pulse widths. They just work all the time

The only products that I've been really outspoken about are the ID injectors and the Killer B products. The injectors seem to raise the most stink though, but hey that's what forums are for right?

Allan

Last edited by manitou; 07-16-2013 at 10:34 PM.
manitou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:00 PM   #7455
juanmedina
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 133146
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SC
Vehicle:
07 FPgreen 7.37@95
WRX VF39+E85 12.0, 121mph

Default

again...
juanmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:34 PM   #7456
Phatron
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 36033
Join Date: Apr 2003
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Tuning Lab
Vehicle:
CEO PhatBottiTuning
2006 STi GTX3582 + Meth

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalgrover View Post
but you can't sit here and honestly say that you know 110% for a fact that one company is better than the other.
http://www.injectordynamics.com/size14.html
Phatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:47 PM   #7457
340Duster
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 52314
Join Date: Jan 2004
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Following the green weenie
Vehicle:
2002 PSM WRX 16G-XT
'13 500 Abarth

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanmedina View Post
again...
This.
340Duster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:48 PM   #7458
manitou
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 193757
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cedar, MI HP Techs MPS-SSLR2.5
Vehicle:
2006 XTI Limited
OBP, Junior tuned 573WHP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanmedina View Post
again...
Juan, my comments are not directed at anyone here or at any vendor. I just feel strongly about this injector subject and I want people to know what's working for me and why. The time, money and sweat I spent screwing around swapping out, sending **** back and forth asking for data and testing with inferior product pisses me off to no end! If I did my job like that I'd be out of business!

I don't expect everyone to agree with me but I also don't expect anyone to lash out at me because of my opinion. I think Josh made good points and called me out on some things, I'm ok with that. It all good discussion!
manitou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:56 PM   #7459
amalgrover
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 183480
Join Date: Jun 2008
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Valdosta, GA
Vehicle:
2011 Audi A3 Quattro
2009 Forester XT

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manitou View Post
Juan, my comments are not directed at anyone here or at any vendor. I just feel strongly about this injector subject and I want people to know what's working for me and why. The time, money and sweat I spent screwing around swapping out, sending **** back and forth asking for data and testing with inferior product pisses me off to no end! If I did my job like that I'd be out of business!

I don't expect everyone to agree with me but I also don't expect anyone to lash out at me because of my opinion. I think Josh made good points and called me out on some things, I'm ok with that. It all good discussion!

This.
amalgrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:17 PM   #7460
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sedan
9.9s @ 140mph

Default

Anyone interested in a brand new 6466? I am selling one for a friend. It is v-band in and out. Never used. Looking for $1700. If interested please PM me!
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:50 PM   #7461
Layvon
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 195711
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cadillac MI
Vehicle:
STi 04/05/06/07
JBP / OBP for now

Default

Is that the same physical size as a 6262/66? Other than the housings?
Layvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:52 PM   #7462
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sedan
9.9s @ 140mph

Default

The housings are the exact same size. Just larger compressor wheel and BB center section.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:53 PM   #7463
Layvon
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 195711
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cadillac MI
Vehicle:
STi 04/05/06/07
JBP / OBP for now

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben View Post
The housings are the exact same size. Just larger compressor wheel and BB center section.
Nice. Why Is he selling?

You can pm me
Layvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:55 PM   #7464
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sedan
9.9s @ 140mph

Default

Will do.

Reason is that he may be buying a full setup (including a larger turbo).
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:41 PM   #7465
Junior2JZ
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 64908
Join Date: Jun 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Tuning 8/9sec Subies @ P&L
Vehicle:
10.8 XT+10.0@143 GR+
2x9.0@170mph GTRs

Default

Just got off the dyno with manitou's XTi and the id1300s.

570whp on e85 and just touching 80% duty cycle, still running the original 50 base pressure we ran on the maxed out id1k. Now we are just out of turbo

Fuel system is simple
Rewired Walbro 450/480
Regulator kit
Id Rails
Id 1300cc


Jr
Junior2JZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:59 PM   #7466
05_wRex
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 170097
Join Date: Jan 2008
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Vehicle:
2007 WRX STi PTE6266
OBP

Default

Awesome! Can't wait to be able to buy a set! Lol.
05_wRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:07 PM   #7467
Matt_H
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 107000
Join Date: Feb 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Bristow, VA
Vehicle:
11 F150

Default

Still waiting on a set of 1300s as well. What turbo Jr?
Matt_H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:12 PM   #7468
Layvon
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 195711
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cadillac MI
Vehicle:
STi 04/05/06/07
JBP / OBP for now

Default

BLOUSCH Dom 3.5XTR 8cm hot side
Layvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:15 PM   #7469
05_wRex
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 170097
Join Date: Jan 2008
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Vehicle:
2007 WRX STi PTE6266
OBP

Default

Thanks. I spent the last 15 minutes looking for a build thread. Lol. Looks like 1300s are the ticket for me!
05_wRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:19 PM   #7470
Matt_H
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 107000
Join Date: Feb 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Bristow, VA
Vehicle:
11 F150

Default

Same. Should pair well with my GT35R and long rod motor.
Matt_H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:25 PM   #7471
05_wRex
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 170097
Join Date: Jan 2008
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Vehicle:
2007 WRX STi PTE6266
OBP

Default

Nice. Ya. 6266 here, looking for low 600s at 30-32 psi. I need some block support first though. Lol. Maybe even max the turbo out in the mid to upper 30s on race gas (free up some idc).
05_wRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:45 PM   #7472
Matt_H
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 107000
Join Date: Feb 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Bristow, VA
Vehicle:
11 F150

Default

I'm not looking to make crazy power since I'm not running sleeves.
Matt_H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:12 PM   #7473
Layvon
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 195711
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cadillac MI
Vehicle:
STi 04/05/06/07
JBP / OBP for now

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05_wRex View Post
Nice. Ya. 6266 here, looking for low 600s at 30-32 psi. I need some block support first though. Lol. Maybe even max the turbo out in the mid to upper 30s on race gas (free up some idc).
You shouldn't need 32psi for low 600s unless on heartbreaker. 28.5psi on E85 got me 605 on 6262. On 110 (race gas assumption) I'd suspect even less boost would be required than E85.
Layvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:34 PM   #7474
WRXt4cy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 172698
Join Date: Feb 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Des Moines, IA
Vehicle:
11 STi BW 8374 E85
02 v8 Spec C E85

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior2JZ View Post
Just got off the dyno with manitou's XTi and the id1300s.

570whp on e85 and just touching 80% duty cycle, still running the original 50 base pressure we ran on the maxed out id1k. Now we are just out of turbo

Fuel system is simple
Rewired Walbro 450/480
Regulator kit
Id Rails
Id 1300cc


Jr
Very nice. I'm happy to see these injectors are as good as people have been expecting.

What boost did you run it up to and what kind of dyno was it on?
WRXt4cy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:43 PM   #7475
amalgrover
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 183480
Join Date: Jun 2008
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Valdosta, GA
Vehicle:
2011 Audi A3 Quattro
2009 Forester XT

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior2JZ View Post
Just got off the dyno with manitou's XTi and the id1300s.

570whp on e85 and just touching 80% duty cycle, still running the original 50 base pressure we ran on the maxed out id1k. Now we are just out of turbo

Fuel system is simple
Rewired Walbro 450/480
Regulator kit
Id Rails
Id 1300cc


Jr

Very nice numbers!

Knowing how meticulous he and you both are and how much both of you like to push things as far as possible, I foresee a larger turbo in the future for Manitou...

When is that beast headed to the track?
amalgrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Motion Lab Tuned: Juanmedina's 2007 WRX E85 ARMY Motion Lab Tuning Proven Power Bragging 125 04-12-2010 02:57 AM
jid2 Track Car - e85 ARMY jid2 Member's Car Gallery 38 01-22-2010 10:44 PM
The Honduran army is the bravest in the world... wrxcelent Off-Topic 36 07-07-2009 08:21 AM
Spacific E85 Tuning thread Here ? discopotato03 Engine Management & Tuning 1 09-09-2008 11:01 AM
Did anyone hear the one about the Italian army and the IRAQI satiation? Asinine Off-Topic 3 09-20-2005 07:06 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2015 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2015, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.