|04-13-2009, 09:27 AM||#1|
Join Date: Apr 2009
EJ16 to EJ25 MY07 USDM 2.5 STI conversion done
I would like some advice on some issues I'm facing with my car now.
My car was actually a Subaru TS 1.6 Impreza. I down EJ25 engine STI with 5 speed gearbox using 6 speed flywheel.
Initial problems face:
2)boost only up to 1.3 bar,
3)when I floor, that is, partial throttle to full throttle, I heard had some screeching noise similar to the noise of a metal sheet suck to a vacuum cleaner but more sharper.
When I brought back to my mechanic to diagnose the issue, he found a hairline crack in pistons. What could have caused the hairline crack? According to my mechanic, he overhauled the entire engine before installation and told me that the engine internal were in good shape.
After which, I changed to forged pistons and noise still persist. I was unable to check at that point as I was running in.
Since clutch was slipping, I changed to Ogura twinplate few days ago.
Current problems faced now
1) Ever since I changed my clutch, car keeps stalling because rpm too low and I really got to rev very high to keep the engine alive. Each time I depress the clutch, the rpm is below 1000 but not stable going up and down intermittently. While car running, there is no problem.
2) Screeching noise still persist.
3) Car is currently boosted to 1.5bar using manual boost controller. While driving at 100km/hr, when I full-throttle or half-throttle, the car runs smoothly till 120kmhr and then gives a sudden jerk, something like misfire or power cut. Once I release the accelerator, and accelerate again hard, it runs without jerk. It only happens if I want to speed up.
4) Other than that, alot of rattling noise from gearbox and engine.
Please advise on the above issues.
Mods done to car:
Wiseco forged pistons
Walbro fuel pump
Tomei replica equal length extractor
Modified STI downpipe & muffler
Manual boost controller
Ogura twinplate clutch
Cylinderhead mildly ported but not polished
Stock VF 43 turbo
Stock 5 speed WRX gearbox with 6 speed flywheel
The rest are stock STI.
Would appreciate your kind advice on the above issues.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
|04-13-2009, 09:53 AM||#2|
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: New ZealandVehicle:
"The Silver Slug"
Just a guess, but are you in the UAE? Not that it matters or helps, but I'm just curious since you had an EJ16.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|USDM 2.5 STI Complete Engine Sale||Boost6924||Private 'For Sale' Classifieds||50||05-23-2006 12:03 AM|
|USDM 2.5 STi connecting rod length / and mahles...||2phless||Built Motor Discussion||9||05-16-2006 12:52 AM|
|2.5 sti conversion w/ stock heads and cams dyno results||LiquidForce||Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain||15||05-21-2004 06:08 PM|
|usdm 2.5 sti short block||raazin||Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain||7||05-01-2004 05:11 AM|