|04-15-2009, 09:40 PM||#1|
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, WIVehicle:
2000 Forester L
04 STi engine into 04 WRX with 5 speed
Long story short, I am taking the entire STi engine and swapping it into the WRX. I have read the ej25 swap guide and just want to make sure I have all bases covered before the engine goes into the car.
1. Drill and tap boss for 2nd cam sensor - Understood
2. Cam Sprockets - If I understand this step correctly I can just use the STi cam sprockets and do not have to swap these for the WRX ones, am I correct?
3. Spark Plugs - Going with one step colder STi plugs - Understood
4. Intake manifold - Swapping this over from the WRX along with throttlebody - Understood
5. Fuel System - I am going to be removing the STi stock system and replacing it with my Perrin high flow fuel rails and helix 660cc injectors - Understood
6. Turbo Oil feed line - Either switch to the STi turbo feed line or go custom. I have an 18G turbo I will be using for the time being so I think I am going custom with this. Any thoughts?
7. Accessories - Will be swapping over the WRX power steering and alternator as they have different fittings then WRX and then keeping the STi AC compressor as I do not have any of the WRX ac components and have to source these later.
8. Upper radiator hose needs to be the STi version.
Did I miss anything?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
|04-17-2009, 12:29 PM||#4|
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Las colinas, TXVehicle:
2002 AW Bugeye ej257
6spd, GT3076R, Alky & EWG
you would use the sti oil feed line. you can just reuse the oem one and everything else you are correct. you might want to upgrade the cams at least while the motor is out to a non-avcs cam. i've heard some been having issues stalling out during idle.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Blobeye STi/Hanwkeye STi engine into Bugeye WRX||Rice Devil||Subaru Conversions||2||02-01-2009 03:48 PM|
|08 sti trans into 02 wrx/ making the speed sensor work||the real suby dude||Transmission (AT/MT) & Driveline||22||09-14-2008 04:19 PM|
|04 STi Engine into an 04 WRX?||rsmith2786||Subaru Conversions||2||04-04-2008 11:24 AM|
|04 sti cluster into 04 wrx||acheung||Electrical & Lighting||1||05-23-2007 11:16 PM|
|Swapping 04 sti engine into 03 wrx?||Spooled||Subaru Conversions||2||09-04-2005 05:58 AM|