Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday December 27, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
New England Subaru Impreza Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > New England Impreza Club Forum -- NESIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 07-12-2000, 06:43 PM   #1
paultg
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 437
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
'91 Miata MX5 (Red)
'09 Impreza OBS (Blk/Gry)

Post For those who want to watch SCCA event on July 22nd.

I have been trying to get info on the cost for attending NHIS on Saturday just to watch. I am having a hard time getting info to say the least. It looks like they will be charging a fee on Saturday to anyone who wants to enter the grounds. If you are registered for the Novice school, the cost is covered.
I do not think I am going to camp out there now, and will probably go to Chad's place after the school is over and meet up with the others. I will post my e-mail and the answers I got in this topic.

Paul G.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
paultg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2000, 06:47 PM   #2
paultg
NASIOC Supporter

Vehicle:
'91 Miata MX5 (Red)

My original e-mail:

Hi Chang,
I hope you had a good weekend. What a great weekend in NJ, huh. I had a blast visiting my relatives.
I have a few more questions about next weekend at NHIS. Sorry I am such a pain in the arse...
I kind of became the event organizer for our club, and some people are asking me questions, so I need some help here since it is my second SCCA event.
I have a few people who are coming a long way (from Jersey and north of NHIS) and want to show up on Saturday, watch some of the school, and camp out overnight to participate in the event Sunday. I just wanted to make sure these people coming down or up on Saturday will be allowed on the grounds (or not?) during the day, and will be permitted to camp out.
My girlfriend is also planning on keeping me company on Saturday and Sunday (she enjoys watching me make a fool of myself . Will she be able to get on the grounds on Saturday with me, and set up camp while I am attending the school?
Some have also asked about any extra fee's for camping on Saturday night, and if so how much?
I relayed the message that NHIS is not an official camp ground, etc.. Just a place to sleep. Many wanted to know if we can leave the grounds to go eat, etc.. sort of go and come as we please, or if we will need to stay on site at NHIS. We just want to be prepared.
That is all I can think of now. I am real concerned my friends who want to race on Sunday and spectate on Saturday would not be able to enter NHIS. That could put a real downer on things.
If there is another place I should be looking for this info, please let me know, so I do not have to keep bothering you.
Thanks again and have a great week,
Paul G.

Ps- A friend of mine is taking a Del Sol to Maryland to have a GS-R drivetrain put in. Sounded like a pretty cool project. I did not get the name of the shop, but I mentioned yours. If you have business cards on you at the NHIS event, I would be happy to grab some and place them on my car when I go to shows. I have lots of friends in Autoparts down in Jersey, since I sold parts for about 5 years in a retail store. My old boss has a 2wd dyno at his shop now too. Do you think you'll branch out into the Subaru Market?
We (speaking for the 80 plus members of our club) would love a local place to get some work done.
Old 07-12-2000, 06:50 PM   #3
paultg
NASIOC Supporter

Vehicle:
'91 Miata MX5 (Red)

His Reply:

Paul,
Any and all visitors on Saturday will have to pay the track fees to enter the site. Your fee is already paid with enrollment in the school. I am not sure how much it is, probably around $5-15, though there is a Road Race Regional going on at the same time so it may be a little more.
They will give you a wristband to enter the grounds, and as long as you keep the wristband on, you will be able to come and go as you please. In the past they have had different colored wristbands which allow access into different areas of NHIS. I am not sure if they will be doing this again this year, but probably. I usually dont find out everything until I get there, they have a tendency to change things without telling me, but they are usually reasonable.
There are couple of websites to check for some of this information, but I dont think they have the answers to the questions you have asked me. www.ner.org
and I am certain that NHIS has a website, but I dont recall the domain name.

The GS-R hybrid into the delSol should be a pretty straightforward transplant. Bernard Tan has a TypeR motor into his Civic coupe that goes well. It sure is a blast to drive. I just installed a JDM header and highflow cat onto it and he said it is noticibaly quicker, but I have not had a chance to drive it since then.

I am planning a GRM $2k challenge car using a 86-87 Civic with a first gen Integra motor transplant. I am hoping to get this done before the January competition.

As for working on Subaru's, I would be happy to. A car is a car is a car, with some small differences. I am already working on many different makes/models since I do general repair and maintenance as well as stock class car setups. My most recent accomplishment is the work I have done on Doug Newhard's CS MR2. I did just about all of the setup work on it and he recently won CS as the Harrisburg ProSolo as well as the Open Challenge competition. He is an excellent driver, but at that level you need a properly set up car as well. Look for his photo in the next issue of SportsCar.

If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact me.

Thanks,
Chang
Old 07-12-2000, 06:52 PM   #4
paultg
NASIOC Supporter

Vehicle:
'91 Miata MX5 (Red)

For people who don't know, Chang runs/owns a shop called "FunHonda". It is kind of funny. At the events he races a 88 Corvette with a bunch of "FunHonda" stickers on it.

He is a very nice guy.

If you have any other questions, feel free to pass them on to me, and I will see what I can do. If anyone knows some info, please pass it on.

Thanks,

Paul G.