Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday July 25, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Subaru Conversions

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 05-01-2009, 10:36 AM   #1
Benfolio
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 128805
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
97 White OBS ECSB
NO ITS NOT A SUBARU

Default Swapping my EJ25 and MT into EJ22 AT Legacy wagon

Bought a '98 Legacy wagon in good shape with a halfway-blown motor, and want to swap my '97 Legacy 2.5GT engine, trans, etc into it in the near future.

Now I know I'll need the engine, trans, driveshaft, ECU, shifter, clutch stuff, pedals, and other miscellany.

But will I need the rear diff, trans crossmember, or anything else anyone can think of?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Benfolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:30 PM   #2
xrturbo
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 86298
Vehicle:
98 LGT Wagon
Full WRX driveline & dash

Why not just drop in the motor??? Just swap the y pipe and dump it in. You will need to use the power steering lines from the 2.5, but that is the only other thing I can think of at the moment.
xrturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 02:12 PM   #3
Benfolio
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 128805
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
97 White OBS ECSB
NO ITS NOT A SUBARU

The wagon is automatic

The 2.5GT is manual
Benfolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:50 PM   #4
hangman
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 173493
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
1999 Legacy GT
Quick Silver

If you're asking if the rear differential need to go into that whole setup yes because of auto and manual rear differential are different. I think the Drive axle are a little shorter on auto but not sure someone should chime in.
hangman is offline   Reply With Quote