Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday July 14, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Proven Power Bragging

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2009, 11:56 PM   #1
C J
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 132587
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Lincoln, NE
Vehicle:
2006 JrTuned STi
E85 GT3582r/10.83@126mph

Default Stock VF39 goes 12.2@113mph on E85

Just got back from my trip to Kansas City International Raceway after tuning the car with Cameron from CAMTUNING just yesterday through email. Pretty pumped with the results but need more power! My hunt for 11s on the stock vf39 is on!

60ft...1.711
330'...5.025
1/8....7.830
mph...88.07
1000...10.271
1/4.....12.290
mph....113.25

I know there is a solid 12.1x in the car as it sits if I can get my 60' back down to the 1.6x's with the potenza's back on the car (ran at the track with icebear snow tires ) Also I am having some inconsistency with the car pulling timing inbetween hard shifts and hopefully maybe some tuning can do away with that.

Mod list...
catless tbe
840cc injectors
walbro 255

Stock bcs is limiting us from cranking the boost so its only at 20psi at the moment, hopefully getting a grimmspeed bcs and tuning for 25psi this week

Once again Cameron is the man! Awesome tuning and total different beast with only a few key strokes.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by C J; 05-05-2009 at 02:19 PM.
C J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:59 PM   #2
meat_WRX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 96919
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: chesapeake va
Vehicle:
2004 sti
black

Default

wow.. 25lbs? alot on the vf39... but thats a damn great pass for the mods.
meat_WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:18 AM   #3
Silver_Bell_WRX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 7677
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Burlington, VT
Vehicle:
2005 WRX
Blue

Default

Nice numbers. I find it hard to believe that you are only getting 20psi on the stock bcs. Are you sure you dont have a leak because I have seen stock bcs hold 24psi without a problem after fixing a leaking y-pipe that would let it over 19psi.
Silver_Bell_WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:27 AM   #4
pooster.online
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 120461
Join Date: Jul 2006
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area/ L.A
Vehicle:
2004 WRX STi JBP

Default

awesome driving. I'd even venture to say that theres a 11 sec pass in there with a little more tuning and maybe some more supporting mods.. headers?
pooster.online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:43 AM   #5
juanmedina
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 133146
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SC
Vehicle:
07 FPgreen 7.37@95
WRX VF39+E85 12.0, 121mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C J View Post
Just got back from my trip to Kansas City International Raceway after tuning the car with Cameron from CAMTUNING just yesterday through email. Pretty pumped with the results but need more power! My hunt for 11s on the stock vf39 is on!

60ft...1.711
330'...5.025
1/8....7.830
mph...88.07
1000...10.271
1/4.....12.290
mph....113.25

I know there is a solid 12.1x in the car as it sits if I can get my 60' back down to the 1.6x's with the potenza's back on the car (ran at the track with icebear snow tires ) Also I am having some inconsistency with the car pulling timing inbetween hard shifts and hopefully maybe some tuning can do away with that.

Mod list...
catless tbe
840cc injectors
walbro 255

Stock bcs is limiting us from cranking the boost so its only at 20psi at the moment, hopefully getting a grimmspeed bcs and tuning for 25psi this week

Once again Cameron is the man! Awesome tuning and total different beast with only a few key strokes.
wow I want your 60' , congrats. I can't wait to go back to the track

So you pick up 25mph on the back that will put me at 119mph

CAM FTW
juanmedina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:02 AM   #6
C J
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 132587
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Lincoln, NE
Vehicle:
2006 JrTuned STi
E85 GT3582r/10.83@126mph

Default

and I WANT a 5 speed...just for the day for one less shift and longer gears haha.

Yeah I really need to just keep going back to the track, since it is 3 hours away this is the first time I have been to it in over 2 years.

As far as the boost leak goes, I am not sure...I have never had any of the connections to the turbo/intercooler ever off or loose before? The car runs and drives fine.

I need to get away from the pulled timing in between shifts, I have to slow each shift down alittle to keep it from doing it.

either way...I am so happy with the car I cannot stop thinking about it ha

CAM ftw.

Last edited by C J; 05-04-2009 at 10:30 AM.
C J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:11 AM   #7
Illusive
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 90436
Join Date: Jul 2005
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Sealy, TX
Vehicle:
2005 STI
Obsidian black pearl

Default

Wow you picked up over 25mph from 1/8 to 1/4 (last 660 feet)

most vf 39's pick up 20-22 mph.

So your car is either a beast on the top end, or your 1/8 mph / ET could use a bit of work.

if the latter is true that means it has a 90-91 mph 1/8 and potentially 7.50's (and 11's in the 1/4)
Illusive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:15 AM   #8
C J
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 132587
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Lincoln, NE
Vehicle:
2006 JrTuned STi
E85 GT3582r/10.83@126mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusive View Post
Wow you picked up over 25mph from 1/8 to 1/4 (last 660 feet)

most vf 39's pick up 20-22 mph.

So your car is either a beast on the top end, or your 1/8 mph / ET could use a bit of work.

if the latter is true that means it has a 90-91 mph 1/8 and potentially 7.50's (and 11's in the 1/4)
Yeah I am really hoping to pick up some time in the 1/8th mile. The car feels and looks "slow" in 2nd gear and then just starts to rip in 3rd, 4th and 5th. I am hoping Cam might have a few ideas to pick up some time
C J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:23 AM   #9
boostdog
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 149752
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Vehicle:
07 wrx tr
rr tuned stg2 12.8@105mph

Default

great driving man! good job...i went to kcir last year..nice track.
boostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 01:09 PM   #10
Nuke209
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 108089
Join Date: Feb 2006
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minnesota
Vehicle:
2003 WRX
NF Performance

Default

Oh man, you gotta get the beast dyno'd!
Cam FTW!
Nuke209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:15 PM   #11
06rexwagon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 114730
Join Date: May 2006
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Vehicle:
2006 WRX Limited Wag
9.9@142

Default

I've tuned several STi's on E85 and the stock turbo, including this one, and a few have had trouble getting over the 20psi mark on the stock bcs. I don't think there's a boost leak because the car would be going rich under boost and it's not. CJ, do me a favor and log a drag like pass. Just launch the car and shift it all the way to 4th the way you would at the track. I don't need you to get all the way into 5th. The top of 4th is fine.
-Cam

Here's his video
06rexwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:20 PM   #12
stanghater
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 69381
Join Date: Aug 2004
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Albuquerque
Vehicle:
2005 Legacy GT Wagon
2002 hta green WRX

Default

Holla!!
I run E85 and 25 psi on my VF39. Great run dude, amazing 60' ! Camtuning FTW
stanghater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:47 PM   #13
C J
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 132587
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Lincoln, NE
Vehicle:
2006 JrTuned STi
E85 GT3582r/10.83@126mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06rexwagon View Post
CJ, do me a favor and log a drag like pass. Just launch the car and shift it all the way to 4th the way you would at the track. I don't need you to get all the way into 5th. The top of 4th is fine.
-Cam
Ok I will get that to you sometime in the next couple days, its getting kind of crazy with finals week so I will as soon as I get a break.
C J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:56 PM   #14
k04sti
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 171773
Join Date: Feb 2008
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: tampa, fl
Vehicle:
04 wrx sti
jbp dom 3 xtr w meth!

Default

Awesome runs man
k04sti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:46 PM   #15
C J
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 132587
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Lincoln, NE
Vehicle:
2006 JrTuned STi
E85 GT3582r/10.83@126mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by k04sti View Post
Awesome runs man
Thanks man, I think we might be trying a few things and see if I can get alittle quicker in the 1/8th hoping to have it reflect on the big end.

Last edited by C J; 05-04-2009 at 08:02 PM.
C J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:48 PM   #16
Su||y
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 169794
Join Date: Jan 2008
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Phoenix, Az
Vehicle:
2007 WRX Wagon
Stage Catless

Default

nicely done!
Su||y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:52 PM   #17
theDaishi
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 116247
Join Date: May 2006
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: gunsrazorsknives
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C J View Post
and I WANT a 5 speed...just for the day for one less shift and longer gears haha.

Yeah I really need to just keep going back to the track, since it is 3 hours away this is the first time I have been to it in over 2 years.

As far as the boost leak goes, I am not sure...I have never had any of the connections to the turbo/intercooler ever off or loose before? The car runs and drives fine.

I need to get away from the pulled timing in between shifts, I have to slow each shift down alittle to keep it from doing it.

either way...I am so happy with the car I cannot stop thinking about it ha

CAM ftw.
I'll trade you my 5-speed for your 6?
theDaishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:59 PM   #18
STi Mikey
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 114631
Join Date: May 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: TheShopCT / EFI LOGICS
Vehicle:
2009 GTR, 735whp
13' Benz, 15' WRX

Default

Congrats on the time man!! By any chance did you notice any hiccups in third gear? All the numbers are good but that mph at he 8th had me questioning what was going on. A little more practice and 12.0 shoudlnt be a problem as the car sits!! Turn it up and 11's soon to come!!
STi Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:35 PM   #19
CatfaceType-R
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 81102
Join Date: Feb 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Brushyoteefs@dentists.cats
Default

awesome stuff, I think you will be a huge contender for the record with some more boost and some more mods

sucks you have to shift light, it shouldn't be like that...ask your tuner to look at that, I sure would. As we don't hold out our runs till redline in most gears, with the addition of you shifting soft, we are actually losing a bunch of time in "babying" our cars...when I mean losing time with not going towards redline, I mean that we have to kick the gas so to speak to bring the revs back up to not bog as it's not as nice of a shift as going all the way to redline and into your next gear.

anyone running with with e85?
CatfaceType-R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:43 PM   #20
juanmedina
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 133146
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SC
Vehicle:
07 FPgreen 7.37@95
WRX VF39+E85 12.0, 121mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soon2bblackongold View Post
anyone running with with e85?
I run E85 but I am waiting for a new engine
juanmedina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:20 PM   #21
STi Mikey
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 114631
Join Date: May 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: TheShopCT / EFI LOGICS
Vehicle:
2009 GTR, 735whp
13' Benz, 15' WRX

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanmedina View Post
I run E85 but I am waiting for a new engine
??? You blew up ????
STi Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:21 PM   #22
juanmedina
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 133146
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SC
Vehicle:
07 FPgreen 7.37@95
WRX VF39+E85 12.0, 121mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STi Mikey View Post
??? You blew up ????
yes piston #4
juanmedina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:23 PM   #23
06rexwagon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 114730
Join Date: May 2006
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Vehicle:
2006 WRX Limited Wag
9.9@142

Default

Juan got a little crazy with the helper springs. Holding 21psi to redline on a VF39 and a 2.5 = bad stuff.
06rexwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:25 PM   #24
juanmedina
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 133146
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SC
Vehicle:
07 FPgreen 7.37@95
WRX VF39+E85 12.0, 121mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06rexwagon View Post
Juan got a little crazy with the helper springs. Holding 21psi to redline on a VF39 and a 2.5 = bad stuff.
give me some love
juanmedina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:28 PM   #25
STi Mikey
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 114631
Join Date: May 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: TheShopCT / EFI LOGICS
Vehicle:
2009 GTR, 735whp
13' Benz, 15' WRX

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanmedina View Post
yes piston #4
Sorry to hear man. After all the money spent on the mods, photoshoot, trans, motor... shoulda just got an sti or evo. Actually, you should of jsut got a benz, kept it stock, and call it the day.

When I return back to work I sense my days in an sti are over. I've had one for 4 yrs now and while fun, is nothing but a money pit.
STi Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.