Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday August 21, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2002, 01:19 PM   #1
Scuby Snacks
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 17730
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Tampa, FL
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
Blue

Default Vishnu chip with TXS harness

Does anyone know if the TurboXS harness for their unichip will work on the Vishnu unichip?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Scuby Snacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2002, 01:48 PM   #2
FreeBMW
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 10927
Join Date: Oct 2001
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Grosse Pointe, MI <RIP #92>
Vehicle:
2008 BMW 135i
Alpine white / Coral red

Default it can be done

its been done...you have to do a little rewiring on the plug-n-play harness because TXS & Vishnu use differant methods (Throttle pos & load).


Last I heard TXS had a set of direction or at least a pinout that they were sharing.


I have a Vishnu unichip & it ONLY needs 4 or so wires connected & its not hard to return the car to stock.
FreeBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2002, 02:28 PM   #3
snookem
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 11438
Join Date: Oct 2001
Default

Also the turboxs harness has a safety built into it if ever the unichip wants to fry the ecu.
Something to think about????
snookem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2002, 06:17 PM   #4
nhluhr
John Wayne Toilet Paper
Moderator
 
Member#: 7327
Join Date: Jun 2001
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Seattle, WA
Vehicle:
2008 Mazdaspeed3
2006 Wrangler Sport

Default

call Mark at TurboXS. He apparently is the one that can tell you how to do this modification.
nhluhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2002, 11:56 PM   #5
STi_Pete
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 14576
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Long Island N.Y.
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sedan
Silver

Default

If you call Vishnu I believe I heard that they have a harness to plug into the TXS to convert the wiring from TPS to MAP
STi_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2002, 07:32 AM   #6
nhluhr
John Wayne Toilet Paper
Moderator
 
Member#: 7327
Join Date: Jun 2001
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Seattle, WA
Vehicle:
2008 Mazdaspeed3
2006 Wrangler Sport

Default

Quote:
Originally posted by STi_Pete
If you call Vishnu I believe I heard that they have a harness to plug into the TXS to convert the wiring from TPS to MAP
i'm pretty sure that's not true, as i've been in contact with Joel at Vishnu and he hasn't mentioned ANYTHING like that. unless... it's a brand new item!
nhluhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2002, 09:31 AM   #7
NotoriousWRX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 9026
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: If I knew, I wouldn't be lost!
Default

Honestly, if you're convinced that the Vishnu Unichip is the way to go, then don't even bother worrying about splicing a few wires. With some care and inginuity, it can be done and undone without a trace, so that should be the least of your considerations.
NotoriousWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2002, 09:46 AM   #8
WRBLUEWAGON
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 10745
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Palm Coast FL via NJ
Vehicle:
2006 VW SUV

Default

Quote:
Originally posted by NotoriousWRX
Honestly, if you're convinced that the Vishnu Unichip is the way to go, then don't even bother worrying about splicing a few wires. With some care and inginuity, it can be done and undone without a trace, so that should be the least of your considerations.
Ya Alex, Come to the light!!!



Eric
WRBLUEWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2002, 09:57 AM   #9
cronic
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 9749
Join Date: Aug 2001
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
-

Default

hey nice numbers guys! i cant wait to get my chip back in to see how it feels with the uppipe. Alex what pullies do u have?

Dave
cronic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2002, 12:32 PM   #10
NotoriousWRX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 9026
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: If I knew, I wouldn't be lost!
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by cronic
Alex what pullies do u have?

Dave
Suby Sports lightened pullies.
NotoriousWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 08:34 PM   #11
bugelrex
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 14255
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: sf bay
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
MBP

Default

I'm interested in how one can hookup the unichip without trace. Anymore details on this? I'm concerned I may have trouble reselling the car with the ECU hacked. Even I would have second thoughts about buying a used car with a tampered ECU....

Thanks

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by NotoriousWRX
Honestly, if you're convinced that the Vishnu Unichip is the way to go, then don't even bother worrying about splicing a few wires. With some care and inginuity, it can be done and undone without a trace, so that should be the least of your considerations.
bugelrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 09:56 PM   #12
Jon [in CT]
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 2992
Join Date: Nov 2000
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Connecticut, USA
Vehicle:
02 WRX Sedan
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally posted by bugelrex
I'm interested in how one can hookup the unichip without trace. Anymore details on this? I'm concerned I may have trouble reselling the car with the ECU hacked. Even I would have second thoughts about buying a used car with a tampered ECU....

Thanks

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by NotoriousWRX
Honestly, if you're convinced that the Vishnu Unichip is the way to go, then don't even bother worrying about splicing a few wires. With some care and inginuity, it can be done and undone without a trace, so that should be the least of your considerations.
I'm curious, too. The Vishnu Unichip install requires that you cut the MAF signal wire. What kind of "care and inginuity" will not leave a trace after you've done that?
Jon [in CT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 11:56 PM   #13
nhluhr
John Wayne Toilet Paper
Moderator
 
Member#: 7327
Join Date: Jun 2001
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Seattle, WA
Vehicle:
2008 Mazdaspeed3
2006 Wrangler Sport

Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon [in CT]
I'm curious, too. The Vishnu Unichip install requires that you cut the MAF signal wire. What kind of "care and inginuity" will not leave a trace after you've done that?
Perhaps not a trace, but at least not a easily found trace... use male/female spade plugs on each end of the wire you cut and when you remove the the unichip, you can just plug them back together.
nhluhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 12:57 AM   #14
Penguinking
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 9422
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Vehicle:
2002 silver
wrx R.I.P.

Default

um...when they look at the ecu and notice that some of the wires are connected with male/female plugs, im pretty sure they'll think someone just MIGHT have cut the wires at one point
Penguinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 08:08 AM   #15
nhluhr
John Wayne Toilet Paper
Moderator
 
Member#: 7327
Join Date: Jun 2001
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Seattle, WA
Vehicle:
2008 Mazdaspeed3
2006 Wrangler Sport

Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Penguinking
um...when they look at the ecu and notice that some of the wires are connected with male/female plugs, im pretty sure they'll think someone just MIGHT have cut the wires at one point
get real... how often do you think the guys at Subaru service tear up the carpet, unbolt the ECU housing, and peel back the plastic insulation to see if anybody has had a unichip installed?
nhluhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 08:54 AM   #16
Jon [in CT]
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 2992
Join Date: Nov 2000
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Connecticut, USA
Vehicle:
02 WRX Sedan
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally posted by nhluhr
get real... how often do you think the guys at Subaru service tear up the carpet, unbolt the ECU housing, and peel back the plastic insulation to see if anybody has had a unichip installed?
The diagnosis procedure for nearly every CEL trouble code usually begins by assessing whether there is a problem in the wiring between the ECU and a sensor. If you take your car in for service because your check engine light is on, you should expect that a Subaru technician will be inspecting your ECU's wiring.
Jon [in CT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 07:31 PM   #17
Penguinking
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 9422
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Vehicle:
2002 silver
wrx R.I.P.

Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon [in CT]
The diagnosis procedure for nearly every CEL trouble code usually begins by assessing whether there is a problem in the wiring between the ECU and a sensor. If you take your car in for service because your check engine light is on, you should expect that a Subaru technician will be inspecting your ECU's wiring.
yup yup...thats why i'm a bit worried since i've already got my vishnu unichip installed. but i havn't had any serious engine trouble yet (4000mi so far and only one cel from the stage zero) and i don't intend on selling my car for a long time, so i guess i'll be alright.

what do you think the subaru tech's will do if they see you've cut into the ecu?

hehe...maybe they'll be impressed by your wiring skills
Penguinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vishnu Xede With Sti Harness $650 / possible trade for intercooler subfuzion Private 'For Sale' Classifieds 0 01-01-2006 10:15 PM
Vishnu Unichip Stage 0 with TXS V3 Harness wrk king Private 'For Sale' Classifieds 2 08-20-2003 08:29 AM
TXS harness compatible with vishnu chip? wrxxed Engine Management & Tuning 9 12-15-2002 11:13 AM
Using Turbo XS ECU harness for Vishnu Chip TheShadowWRX Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain 1 12-12-2002 06:25 PM
whats up with the vishnu chips? spike Engine Management & Tuning 1 11-10-2002 01:45 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.