Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday November 27, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Newbies & FAQs

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2009, 02:49 PM   #1
vms150
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 172917
Join Date: Feb 2008
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Southeastern, Massachusetts
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
WRB

Default illest sticker? whats it about?

I will probably get flamed for this but, I see a lot of cars with "illest" stickers on this site. I google searched and nasioc searched and didn't find much about it. I don't want a sticker, I am just wondering what its all about. Is it a company, an honor of some sort, a club, or just that you think your vehicle is "ill"? I have been wondering what it means for a while now.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
vms150 is offline  
Old 05-18-2009, 08:06 PM   #2
silverF4turbo
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 20492
Join Date: Jun 2002
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: DC
Vehicle:
` BUGEYE GARAGE

Default

It's tied to the Northern California "urban" clothing company Fatlace.

Fatlace is behind 'marketing' the whole Hellaflush style to Nasioc and elsewhere which is why you see the stickers on cars.

Hellaflush aka Aggressive Fitment = questionable style of running too wide wheels, too low offset, and very narrow "stretched" tires... which then stick out 2" past the fender... then use camber plates to tilt the wheels enough that they "sort of" fit under the fender.

Which is why most of the 'illest' stickered cars will usually have that style of wheel/tire/suspension.


Quote:
Originally Posted by vms150 View Post
I will probably get flamed for this but, I see a lot of cars with "illest" stickers on this site. I google searched and nasioc searched and didn't find much about it. I don't want a sticker, I am just wondering what its all about. Is it a company, an honor of some sort, a club, or just that you think your vehicle is "ill"? I have been wondering what it means for a while now.
silverF4turbo is offline  
Old 05-18-2009, 08:08 PM   #3
domestic_abuser
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 126696
Join Date: Sep 2006
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: las vegas
Vehicle:
2002 Fatbody bugeye
03 R1 09 Raptor 700R

Default

^ ...but your car would look so much better with concaved cr kais lol...


and the JUN bumper
domestic_abuser is offline  
Old 05-18-2009, 08:12 PM   #4
silverF4turbo
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 20492
Join Date: Jun 2002
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: DC
Vehicle:
` BUGEYE GARAGE

Default

haha so I can look like a silver D-Money whip ... I prefer flat for the CR-kai because I don't like curved out spokes. Only concave wheels I like are Advan RG, AME TM02, and TE37...

But aggressive fitment needs meatgrinder tires to work... none of that "lowrider euro" crap
silverF4turbo is offline  
Old 05-18-2009, 08:21 PM   #5
Krems
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 198624
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Jax, FL
Vehicle:
06 tr
UFTS-YEH

Default

The shocker at 45 degrees above the exhaust is where it's at...

Krems is offline  
Old 05-18-2009, 08:23 PM   #6
TK421
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 146200
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Orange County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverF4turbo View Post
It's tied to the Northern California "urban" clothing company Fatlace.

Fatlace is behind 'marketing' the whole Hellaflush style to Nasioc and elsewhere which is why you see the stickers on cars.

Hellaflush aka Aggressive Fitment = questionable style of running too wide wheels, too low offset, and very narrow "stretched" tires... which then stick out 2" past the fender... then use camber plates to tilt the wheels enough that they "sort of" fit under the fender.

Which is why most of the 'illest' stickered cars will usually have that style of wheel/tire/suspension.

Acually there is a guy on here who works for fatlace i believe, i read his post yesterday from one of the hellaflush meet threads...and he said illest and fatlace has nothing to do with cars or hellaflush

Last edited by TK421; 05-18-2009 at 08:29 PM.
TK421 is offline  
Old 05-18-2009, 09:41 PM   #7
silverF4turbo
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 20492
Join Date: Jun 2002
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: DC
Vehicle:
` BUGEYE GARAGE

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartscoobys View Post
Acually there is a guy on here who works for fatlace i believe, i read his post yesterday from one of the hellaflush meet threads...and he said illest and fatlace has nothing to do with cars or hellaflush
Yeah Grippy right? Butyet...

Hellaflush X meet is featured on Fatlace website

The Hellaflush website is operated by Fatlace...

So they have nothing to do with cars of course.

Basically: You only know about the brand Fatlace because of their involvement in the car world (they are advertising to you and more broadly the import car scene). It's reciprocal marketing and it's pretty smart on their part

But I personally feel like it's been forced on Nasioc, by making people feel like its no longer cool to run with normal/traditional wheel size... just a personal view from some posts I've seen.

^^

Last edited by silverF4turbo; 05-18-2009 at 09:51 PM.
silverF4turbo is offline  
Old 05-18-2009, 10:09 PM   #8
HSBabyFace
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 130204
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Lburg
Vehicle:
06 WRX IAG Built
FOR SALE!!!

Default

^^^ I think its great what they are doing. I love the illest sticker. Like the titleist knock off sticker. I would def rock one on my bumper. I like the look they go for on their cars too. It's not necessarily what I'm going for but to each there own. I think people just get pissed because its not the norm for the subie rally world and people see it as wasting the car or something. Just like lifted jeeps that never leave the pavement.
HSBabyFace is offline  
Old 05-18-2009, 10:15 PM   #9
chazly413
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 151079
Join Date: Jun 2007
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: College Park, MD
Vehicle:
2005 2.5RS RBP
motec system exhaust-RIP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krems View Post
The shocker at 45 degrees above the exhaust is where it's at...

I hate that ****.
chazly413 is offline  
Old 05-18-2009, 10:17 PM   #10
XanRules
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 157348
Join Date: Aug 2007
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Benghazi
Vehicle:
1996 JNCO Jorts
Stonewashed Denim

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverF4turbo View Post
It's tied to the Northern California "urban" clothing company Fatlace.

Fatlace is behind 'marketing' the whole Hellaflush style to Nasioc and elsewhere which is why you see the stickers on cars.

Hellaflush aka Aggressive Fitment = questionable style of running too wide wheels, too low offset, and very narrow "stretched" tires... which then stick out 2" past the fender... then use camber plates to tilt the wheels enough that they "sort of" fit under the fender.

Which is why most of the 'illest' stickered cars will usually have that style of wheel/tire/suspension.
thank you for saying it more politely than I could.
XanRules is offline  
Old 05-18-2009, 10:27 PM   #11
Nor-Cal'N
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 192190
Join Date: Oct 2008
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverF4turbo View Post
It's tied to the Northern California "urban" clothing company Fatlace.

Fatlace is behind 'marketing' the whole Hellaflush style to Nasioc and elsewhere which is why you see the stickers on cars.

Hellaflush aka Aggressive Fitment = questionable style of running too wide wheels, too low offset, and very narrow "stretched" tires... which then stick out 2" past the fender... then use camber plates to tilt the wheels enough that they "sort of" fit under the fender.

Which is why most of the 'illest' stickered cars will usually have that style of wheel/tire/suspension.
You dont have to have streched tires to be Aggressive or Hella Flush and it doesnt stick out 2" past the fender; its flush with the fender. You become Hella Flush when you are slammed.
Nor-Cal'N is offline  
Old 05-18-2009, 10:29 PM   #12
TK421
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 146200
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Orange County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverF4turbo View Post
Yeah Grippy right? Butyet...

Hellaflush X meet is featured on Fatlace website

The Hellaflush website is operated by Fatlace...

So they have nothing to do with cars of course.

Basically: You only know about the brand Fatlace because of their involvement in the car world (they are advertising to you and more broadly the import car scene). It's reciprocal marketing and it's pretty smart on their part

But I personally feel like it's been forced on Nasioc, by making people feel like its no longer cool to run with normal/traditional wheel size... just a personal view from some posts I've seen.

^^

hmm well i stand corrected then...But thats what it seemed he meant in his post...O well
TK421 is offline  
Old 05-18-2009, 11:33 PM   #13
silverF4turbo
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 20492
Join Date: Jun 2002
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: DC
Vehicle:
` BUGEYE GARAGE

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor-Cal'N View Post
You dont have to have streched tires to be Aggressive or Hella Flush and it doesnt stick out 2" past the fender; its flush with the fender. You become Hella Flush when you are slammed.
You can't just make a car hellaflush, you have to BE hellaflush. It's a way of life!

J/k... I really appreciate cars with nice suspension setups. Cars that are actually flush (not exceeding the fender) look really good to me. A lot of the cars in aggressive fitment mode weren't flush with the fender -20mm ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSBabyFace View Post
I think people just get pissed because its not the norm for the subie rally world and people see it as wasting the car or something.
Some just don't like the mentality that seems to have come with it... like when people start saying a ride isn't clean unless it has aggressive fitment ('no concave, no care' and all that...). It's like aggressive fitment didn't start until a year or so ago. So there weren't any clean subies before that?

But it's just a trend like everything else.

Last edited by silverF4turbo; 05-18-2009 at 11:40 PM.
silverF4turbo is offline  
Old 05-19-2009, 12:15 AM   #14
Jack
Add Lightness
Moderator
 
Member#: 13699
Join Date: Dec 2001
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Hopkinton, MA
Vehicle:
2007 Lotus Elise
(From General)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverF4turbo View Post
But I personally feel like it's been forced on Nasioc, by making people feel like its no longer cool to run with normal/traditional wheel size... just a personal view from some posts I've seen.

^^
This peer pressure crap must be in sections of NASIOC that I never go to (which is possible). If it doesn't help lap times, I really don't care. Never heard of Fatlace. Sounds like a shoe lace company.....



jack
Jack is offline  
Old 05-19-2009, 12:46 AM   #15
godfather2112
Papi Chulo
Moderator
 
Member#: 53794
Join Date: Jan 2004
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Seattle
Vehicle:
.... OT Supplement
Testing Division.

Default

Its to point out which people follow the crowd, yet somehow think their different...........Just dont understand kids these days.

Think its also tied into the whole "I'm herra frush" thing. Something about wide rims and stretching the tire. Rims are "flush" with the fender but the tire is stretched wider than jenna jameson, thus making it look like a joke.
godfather2112 is offline  
Old 05-19-2009, 01:33 AM   #16
thejordan
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 185374
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Default

hah well to each their own, lets leave it at that and not fight about each other's subarus...

Last edited by thejordan; 05-19-2009 at 01:51 AM.
thejordan is offline  
Old 05-28-2009, 04:06 PM   #17
CC4nj
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 136945
Join Date: Jan 2007
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Under my hood.
Vehicle:
2005 WRX/CRX/LGT
Obs. Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack ffr1846 View Post
This peer pressure crap must be in sections of NASIOC that I never go to (which is possible). If it doesn't help lap times, I really don't care. Never heard of Fatlace. Sounds like a shoe lace company.....



jack

Ok thats because the average weekend warrior drives around everyday on their track setup right?

CC4nj is offline  
Old 05-28-2009, 04:09 PM   #18
testify
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 196517
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Mcnoobsville
Vehicle:
2007 n00b rocket
urban grey metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC4nj View Post
Ok thats because the average weekend warrior drives around everyday on their track setup right?

I certainly do.
testify is offline  
Old 05-28-2009, 04:13 PM   #19
YourMother'sLover
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 76565
Join Date: Dec 2004
Chapter/Region: International
Location: ...grey area, stirring **** up
Vehicle:
CLXX Stricta Parata
Neci!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfather2112 View Post
Its to point out which people follow the crowd, yet somehow think their different...........Just dont understand kids these days.

Think its also tied into the whole "I'm herra frush" thing. Something about wide rims and stretching the tire. Rims are "flush" with the fender but the tire is stretched wider than jenna jameson, thus making it look like a joke.
You're unique, just like all of your friends
YourMother'sLover is offline  
Old 05-28-2009, 04:15 PM   #20
CC4nj
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 136945
Join Date: Jan 2007
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Under my hood.
Vehicle:
2005 WRX/CRX/LGT
Obs. Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by testify View Post
I certainly do.
i got $1 on that your probably stock, or close to it.
CC4nj is offline  
Old 05-28-2009, 04:24 PM   #21
ADAS1223
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 159853
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: tri-state
Vehicle:
2005 Impreza
wrb

Default

this thread will not end well
ADAS1223 is offline  
Old 05-28-2009, 04:28 PM   #22
chongl
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 187694
Join Date: Aug 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Socal (SD and 626)
Vehicle:
2009 GTX3076 WRX
520whp on E85

Default

A lot of them need to understand that flush != sticking out past the fender...
chongl is online now  
Old 05-28-2009, 04:40 PM   #23
ekw
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 92141
Join Date: Jul 2005
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: in a guardrail near you
Vehicle:
2004 WRB STi TiC,RCE
Kartboy &Cobb-Jorge tuned

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chongl View Post
A lot of them need to understand that flush != sticking out past the fender...
but then we'd have to explain the meaning of hundreds of other common English words.
where would it end?

ekw is offline  
Old 05-28-2009, 04:42 PM   #24
testify
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 196517
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Mcnoobsville
Vehicle:
2007 n00b rocket
urban grey metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC4nj View Post
i got $1 on that your probably stock, or close to it.
error 404 relevance not found
testify is offline  
Old 05-28-2009, 04:58 PM   #25
CC4nj
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 136945
Join Date: Jan 2007
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Under my hood.
Vehicle:
2005 WRX/CRX/LGT
Obs. Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by testify View Post
error 404 relevance not found
give me my dollar
CC4nj is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTS Black Illest stickers 6h05twrx SCIC Private Classifieds 9 03-29-2010 01:45 PM
Fatlace illest stickers gnozahs Non-Subaru Stuff 2 03-10-2010 05:00 PM
Anyone have pics of there subies and have a Illest sticker carbonwrex Southern California Impreza Club Forum -- SCIC 29 12-21-2009 12:30 PM
wts or wtt fatlace illest stickers 6h05twrx SCIC Private Classifieds 0 11-09-2009 10:04 PM
What is it about the "Subaru" which made you buy one ? What makes it a great car ? alfriedesq General Community 58 09-11-2006 07:24 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.