Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday December 21, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
North West Impreza Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > North West Impreza Club Forum -- NWIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2010, 01:44 PM   #2851
Xissix
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 85985
Join Date: Apr 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Meridian, ID
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaru_junkie View Post
I wonder if the 2011 wheels will fit on my car...
They should with no issue, been a couple that have done it already.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Xissix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:45 PM   #2852
Subaru_junkie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 235870
Join Date: Jan 2010
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Boise, ID
Vehicle:
2011 WRX LRP
Owner of IDSubaruClub.com

Default

Awesome. Love those wheels. Looks like I found my second set
Subaru_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 07:08 PM   #2853
Xissix
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 85985
Join Date: Apr 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Meridian, ID
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaru_junkie View Post
Awesome. Love those wheels. Looks like I found my second set
Those would look awesome on your car, but they are spendy, if you can find them at all. realratfink on IMS had some similar awhile back, maybe he still has them available?
Xissix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 07:32 PM   #2854
l8apexdude
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 39337
Join Date: Jul 2003
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Boise, ID
Vehicle:
2004 WRX STi
Aspen White/Silver

Default

I am seriously considering selling my car. I have had this since new. Just throwing out numbers, I am guessing around $18,750 for a 2004 Aspen White STI with only 60K miles. Never been modded except for the Cobb AccessPort Stage I installed 6 months after I got the car. It comes with Blizzak WS-50 tires on ASA wheels as well as the stock BBS wheels with Kumho Ecsta XS tires. It also has a full Kenwood stereo (MP3 and IPOD capability) with 12" trunk mounted sub and 2 amps driving it (one 640W for the head unit and a second 600W for the sub). Thoughts? Does this seem reasonable?
l8apexdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 07:42 PM   #2855
rexorama
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 25912
Join Date: Oct 2002
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: bk-industries.com
Vehicle:
03 MBP Sedan
02 PSM Wagon

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xissix View Post
^^^ Nice!

Brembos are one of the best upgrades on my car, coupled with the stainless lines, makes a huge improvement. I understand though, I don't have the money for them either, hence trying to move them before I even have them.
Brembos are nice, but even a good pad and lines can make as much of a difference on the street. I was rocking Pagid blues on my wagon and it felt almost on par with Brembos with stock pads. Of course you can debate replacing the pads with the Brembos, but for the money on a WRX most people would be surprised what a quality pad would do. Oh and for the record I don't consider anything Hawk makes as a "quality" pad, I'm talking Pagid, Ferrodo, Endless, high end stuff. Hawk is ok for what you pay but there is no comparison in feel. I'm not knocking your upgrading though, obviously Brembo is superior on track/autoX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8apexdude View Post
I am seriously considering selling my car. I have had this since new. Just throwing out numbers, I am guessing around $18,750 for a 2004 Aspen White STI with only 60K miles. Never been modded except for the Cobb AccessPort Stage I installed 6 months after I got the car. It comes with Blizzak WS-50 tires on ASA wheels as well as the stock BBS wheels with Kumho Ecsta XS tires. It also has a full Kenwood stereo (MP3 and IPOD capability) with 12" trunk mounted sub and 2 amps driving it (one 640W for the head unit and a second 600W for the sub). Thoughts? Does this seem reasonable?
Sounds like a reasonable asking price IMO. Wish I was in the market for one I love AW STI's, but I don't want to spend that kind of money right now.



If anyone comes across a Forester XT in black or white with a manual for sale LMK. I decided I'm going to sell my Yukon for one. I'll probably have to import one in from another state though, slim pickins here.
rexorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:25 PM   #2856
Subaru_junkie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 235870
Join Date: Jan 2010
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Boise, ID
Vehicle:
2011 WRX LRP
Owner of IDSubaruClub.com

Default

That does sound like a good deal. By that price, I got raped hardcore by fairlys for my car. I will never buy another car from them as long as I live. Only reason I went with them was because my wife used to work for them and I though I was getting a good deal because of that.
Subaru_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:50 PM   #2857
Xissix
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 85985
Join Date: Apr 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Meridian, ID
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8apexdude View Post
I am seriously considering selling my car. I have had this since new. Just throwing out numbers, I am guessing around $18,750 for a 2004 Aspen White STI with only 60K miles. Never Thoughts? Does this seem reasonable?
That sounds like a great price to me, should have no trouble selling it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexorama View Post
Brembos are nice, but even a good pad and lines can make as much of a difference on the street. I was rocking Pagid blues on my wagon and it felt almost on par with Brembos with stock pads. Of course you can debate replacing the pads with the Brembos, but for the money on a WRX most people would be surprised what a quality pad would do. Oh and for the record I don't consider anything Hawk makes as a "quality" pad, I'm talking Pagid, Ferrodo, Endless, high end stuff. Hawk is ok for what you pay but there is no comparison in feel. I'm not knocking your upgrading though, obviously Brembo is superior on track/autoX.

True, for the money, lines and good pads will make a bigger difference. There is very little of the good stuff in town, who would you recommend for getting some good pads? I usually just order new stuff from who ever in the vendor section is having a sale.

I am going to pass on getting the whole extra set of brembos (just going to get the hubs), but if someone finds a good deal on brembo calipers and want to convert their GC or just get a set with lower miles, I will have a set of good condition front and rear 04 STI hubs/rotors/knuckles/ebrakes available as soon as they are swapped out.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaru_junkie View Post
That does sound like a good deal. By that price, I got raped hardcore by fairlys for my car. I will never buy another car from them as long as I live. Only reason I went with them was because my wife used to work for them and I though I was getting a good deal because of that.
I bought a car from fairlys for what I though was a good price, come to find out the car had a ton of issues that I ended up fixing. I'll never buy from them again, that's for sure...
Xissix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:59 AM   #2858
wakeabyss
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 148627
Join Date: May 2007
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Boise, ID
Vehicle:
2007 FSXT

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexorama View Post
Brembos are nice, but even a good pad and lines can make as much of a difference on the street. I was rocking Pagid blues on my wagon and it felt almost on par with Brembos with stock pads. Of course you can debate replacing the pads with the Brembos, but for the money on a WRX most people would be surprised what a quality pad would do. Oh and for the record I don't consider anything Hawk makes as a "quality" pad, I'm talking Pagid, Ferrodo, Endless, high end stuff. Hawk is ok for what you pay but there is no comparison in feel. I'm not knocking your upgrading though, obviously Brembo is superior on track/autoX.
Yes, hawk pads will not be good for road racing, but they are loads better than the stock pads and are quite adequate for DD and occasional autox. And, if you're only going to be daily driving your car, you're just throwing your money away if your buying Pagid, Ferodo, etc pads... not to mention your rotors too. IMO, to buy things just 'cause they are "high end", specifically when the person is not going to use them to their full potential is overkill.
wakeabyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:37 AM   #2859
Siluck2
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 137080
Join Date: Jan 2007
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Boise, ID
Vehicle:
2000 Impreza RS 4DR
BRP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8apexdude View Post
I am seriously considering selling my car. I have had this since new. Just throwing out numbers, I am guessing around $18,750 for a 2004 Aspen White STI with only 60K miles. Never been modded except for the Cobb AccessPort Stage I installed 6 months after I got the car. It comes with Blizzak WS-50 tires on ASA wheels as well as the stock BBS wheels with Kumho Ecsta XS tires. It also has a full Kenwood stereo (MP3 and IPOD capability) with 12" trunk mounted sub and 2 amps driving it (one 640W for the head unit and a second 600W for the sub). Thoughts? Does this seem reasonable?

Have you listed the car anywhere yet? I really want an aspen white STi, but im still a temp at work, should be getting hired on within the next month or two. If you still have this by then i might be hitting you up! Do you work at the building right before the Deryl A. Dennis Tech center? I think i've seen this parked out there when I went to go get my transcripts.
Siluck2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:35 AM   #2860
l8apexdude
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 39337
Join Date: Jul 2003
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Boise, ID
Vehicle:
2004 WRX STi
Aspen White/Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siluck2 View Post
Have you listed the car anywhere yet? I really want an aspen white STi, but im still a temp at work, should be getting hired on within the next month or two. If you still have this by then i might be hitting you up! Do you work at the building right before the Deryl A. Dennis Tech center? I think i've seen this parked out there when I went to go get my transcripts.
Yes, that's the car. I am thinking of keeping it through the worst part of winter since it does so great in the winter weather. So, unless I really get the itch to sell it quickly, I might be keeping it for at least another month until the weather starts to get a little better. I will post it here first when I go to sell it - unless someone is truly interested now...
l8apexdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:11 PM   #2861
Siluck2
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 137080
Join Date: Jan 2007
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Boise, ID
Vehicle:
2000 Impreza RS 4DR
BRP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8apexdude View Post
Yes, that's the car. I am thinking of keeping it through the worst part of winter since it does so great in the winter weather. So, unless I really get the itch to sell it quickly, I might be keeping it for at least another month until the weather starts to get a little better. I will post it here first when I go to sell it - unless someone is truly interested now...
How come you are looking to sell it, if you don't mind me asking? Just wanting to get something different?
Siluck2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:24 PM   #2862
l8apexdude
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 39337
Join Date: Jul 2003
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Boise, ID
Vehicle:
2004 WRX STi
Aspen White/Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siluck2 View Post
How come you are looking to sell it, if you don't mind me asking? Just wanting to get something different?
Yes, looking for something different. I have owned this car since new for almost 7 years which is a long time for me, and I am thinking it is time to look for something a little more refined as a daily driver and that I can take on longer trips comfortably. Fuel economy comes into play as well. Also, I just don't use the power and speed that this offers. It truly has been the best car I have ever owned and has never had an issue (except for the strut klunk - I got the struts replaced under warranty but it came back a year later). Right now I am considering something like a VW GTI.
l8apexdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:24 PM   #2863
Subaru_junkie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 235870
Join Date: Jan 2010
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Boise, ID
Vehicle:
2011 WRX LRP
Owner of IDSubaruClub.com

Default

Taking on longer trips comfortably....yeah I agree with you there. My sti gives me a severe case of bobblehead when I drive between here and twin falls lol. Is there any way to fix that? I heard it had to do with changing the spring seats or something like that?
Subaru_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:42 PM   #2864
Siluck2
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 137080
Join Date: Jan 2007
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Boise, ID
Vehicle:
2000 Impreza RS 4DR
BRP

Default

Anybody have some Stock RS front seats for sale and stock suspension?
Siluck2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:23 PM   #2865
rexorama
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 25912
Join Date: Oct 2002
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: bk-industries.com
Vehicle:
03 MBP Sedan
02 PSM Wagon

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xissix View Post
True, for the money, lines and good pads will make a bigger difference. There is very little of the good stuff in town, who would you recommend for getting some good pads? I usually just order new stuff from who ever in the vendor section is having a sale.
I have to be honest with you and Wake, I was formerly employed by two popular Nasioc vendors and I still get a discount at both of them. However, if you search Google for Pagid vendors you can find decent prices. Remember they don't have to be a Subaru specific shop, they just need to sell Pagid (or Ferrodo or Endless, whatever you're looking for). Pagid is popular with the BMW crowd and those shops will be more then happy to sell a set for a Subaru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeabyss View Post
Yes, hawk pads will not be good for road racing, but they are loads better than the stock pads and are quite adequate for DD and occasional autox. And, if you're only going to be daily driving your car, you're just throwing your money away if your buying Pagid, Ferodo, etc pads... not to mention your rotors too. IMO, to buy things just 'cause they are "high end", specifically when the person is not going to use them to their full potential is overkill.
Throwing your money away is a matter of opinion. I'm not knocking Hawk for what they are, but they don't compare to high end stuff, even on the street. You could say buying Michelin is a waste of money when you can buy Hankook, or Buying Audi is a waste of money when you can buy VW, it's a matter of perspective. I personally think it is worth the extra coin. In defense of Pagid, my Pagid pads lasted twice as long as my last set of Hawk pads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaru_junkie View Post
Taking on longer trips comfortably....yeah I agree with you there. My sti gives me a severe case of bobblehead when I drive between here and twin falls lol. Is there any way to fix that? I heard it had to do with changing the spring seats or something like that?
Changing to Group N tophats will help it, but IMO it is the struts. Japanese struts tend to have too much rebound and "hop" when unloading. KYB makes the factory stuts. Unfortunately there isn't much choice in replacement struts for the Impreza. The Legacy at least has a Bilstein option due to the Spec B, but the only direct replacement strut I'm aware of for the Impreza that isn't Japanese is Ohlins,and for that much money you mine as well buy coilovers.
rexorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:11 PM   #2866
Xissix
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 85985
Join Date: Apr 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Meridian, ID
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexorama View Post
I have to be honest with you and Wake, I was formerly employed by two popular Nasioc vendors and I still get a discount at both of them. However, if you search Google for Pagid vendors you can find decent prices. Remember they don't have to be a Subaru specific shop, they just need to sell Pagid (or Ferrodo or Endless, whatever you're looking for). Pagid is popular with the BMW crowd and those shops will be more then happy to sell a set for a Subaru.
Meant to ask this earlier, what are you doing for work since you moved to Boise? Still affiliated with the vendors?


All I'm missing to finish my hub swap is the tone ring ring adapters. 6gun has them, but they are $84 and are just a pair of spacers so going to build my own. Anyone have a WRX axle I can borrow for about a week? If the boot or joints are bad is no worry, just need the hub mating surface and the tone ring to be in good shape.
Xissix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:33 PM   #2867
tuningnoob
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 194753
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Nampa, Idaho
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon
Aspen White

Default

I have some front axles you could borrow. Great condition.

Edit* I was wondering how to solve the abs issue after swapping to 05 brembos. Just had no time to search it lol. I just looked at 6gunracing.com, it looks as though the abs tone ring adapter requires a gear puller to remove the abs speedo gear.

http://www.6gunracing.com/pictures/2...s/DSCF4228.htm

Last edited by tuningnoob; 12-28-2010 at 06:08 PM.
tuningnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:58 PM   #2868
Xissix
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 85985
Join Date: Apr 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Meridian, ID
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuningnoob View Post
Is the tone ring adapter for the abs? I have been wondering how to fix my abs light ever since i swapped into 05 brembos. I have some front axles you could borrow. Great condition.
Yep, that is why. The tone ring is in a different spot on the 05-07 STI axles, and in turn in a different spot on the hubs. That would be awesome if I could borrow one. Any chance I can grab one this weekend?
Xissix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 06:12 PM   #2869
tuningnoob
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 194753
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Nampa, Idaho
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon
Aspen White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xissix

Yep, that is why. The tone ring is in a different spot on the 05-07 STI axles, and in turn in a different spot on the hubs. That would be awesome if I could borrow one. Any chance I can grab one this weekend?
No problem. I'm working friday night at 7pm to 7 am, I will probably sleep till 1 or 2 on saturday.
tuningnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:21 PM   #2870
Siluck2
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 137080
Join Date: Jan 2007
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Boise, ID
Vehicle:
2000 Impreza RS 4DR
BRP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuningnoob View Post
No problem. I'm working friday night at 7pm to 7 am, I will probably sleep till 1 or 2 on saturday.
Sounds like the shift I work, do you work at Micron by chance?
Siluck2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:33 PM   #2871
Xissix
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 85985
Join Date: Apr 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Meridian, ID
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siluck2 View Post
Sounds like the shift I work, do you work at Micron by chance?
You work in Boise, or Nampa?
Xissix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:14 AM   #2872
Siluck2
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 137080
Join Date: Jan 2007
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Boise, ID
Vehicle:
2000 Impreza RS 4DR
BRP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xissix View Post
You work in Boise, or Nampa?
Boise
Siluck2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:08 PM   #2873
Xissix
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 85985
Join Date: Apr 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Meridian, ID
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siluck2 View Post
Boise
Ah, if you see a blue bugeye wagon out there from time to time, that's me.
Xissix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:16 PM   #2874
tuningnoob
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 194753
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Nampa, Idaho
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon
Aspen White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siluck2

Sounds like the shift I work, do you work at Micron by chance?
I work at St. Als Medical Center Nampa in the ICU. My last night shift is this friday! Super excited to be on day shift. Nights suck with young children.
tuningnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:55 PM   #2875
rexorama
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 25912
Join Date: Oct 2002
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: bk-industries.com
Vehicle:
03 MBP Sedan
02 PSM Wagon

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xissix View Post
Meant to ask this earlier, what are you doing for work since you moved to Boise? Still affiliated with the vendors?


All I'm missing to finish my hub swap is the tone ring ring adapters. 6gun has them, but they are $84 and are just a pair of spacers so going to build my own. Anyone have a WRX axle I can borrow for about a week? If the boot or joints are bad is no worry, just need the hub mating surface and the tone ring to be in good shape.
I was only working part time for the past year spending my off time taking care of my kids. Now that we are here I am just staying at home with the kids. Eventually I would like to do something in the same line of work again. I can be affiliated with both of them if I choose. I have always been on good terms with both of them and either one would help me out if I needed it.

You just reminded me I left two good spare WRX axles in a corner of the garage back in MD

BTW, I live right around the corner from Micron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuningnoob View Post
I work at St. Als Medical Center Nampa in the ICU. My last night shift is this friday! Super excited to be on day shift. Nights suck with young children.
If you see a silver bugeye wagon there with Maryland tags, that's my wife. We talked a bit a few months ago when she was hired, she works in the ED.
rexorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Boise Thread For March Jaxx North West Impreza Club Forum -- NWIC 120 04-01-2002 04:48 AM
Boise Thread For Febuary Jaxx North West Impreza Club Forum -- NWIC 135 03-04-2002 10:22 AM
Boise Thread for January02 Austin North West Impreza Club Forum -- NWIC 74 02-01-2002 12:18 AM
Boise Thread for December Jaxx North West Impreza Club Forum -- NWIC 122 12-31-2001 12:39 PM
Boise thread for OCTOBER Jaxx North West Impreza Club Forum -- NWIC 141 11-01-2001 03:19 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.